Any rumblings about our last assistant coach spot? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Any rumblings about our last assistant coach spot?

If only we got some news. Names have been all over the place for other jobs.

This hire is highly unlikely to come from this weekend.

How long until everyone starts calling Boeheim lazy, clueless, and out of touch regarding the fact he isn't calling each of us daily regarding strategy and progress on this hire? That is essentially the subtitle of the recruiting forum ever since QG screwed us. About time we got some of that quality messaging over here!

It will happen soon. I just flew into Phoenix. There are basketball people everywhere. Mark Turgeon was on my flight along with a bunch of other basketball types. I rode the car rental shuttle with Bryant Stith and others from ODU and other schools.
Every one is here. Need to have a Syracuse party somewhere. In touch with several people who are in town. You should have come to see Alexis last night. That was a fun event.

I wonder if Ryan Blackwell is being considered. He just led Liverpool to a fantastic season and Liverpool is usually not a basketball powerhouse.

How long until everyone starts calling Boeheim lazy, clueless, and out of touch regarding the fact he isn't calling each of us daily regarding strategy and progress on this hire? That is essentially the subtitle of the recruiting forum ever since QG screwed us. About time we got some of that quality messaging over here!

Some ppl on here and so called prominent posters are nuts.

I wonder if Ryan Blackwell is being considered. He just led Liverpool to a fantastic season and Liverpool is usually not a basketball powerhouse.

He's also coached in China as well.

I like the guy, not sure if he's the answer but I'd personally take him over Gmac at this point and hire a all start recruiter.

Any chance Bernie is under consideration? Petrino shows there is precedent for bringing someone back and Bernie was never formally charged with anything.

Any chance Bernie is under consideration? Petrino shows there is precedent for bringing someone back and Bernie was never formally charged with anything.

I think that chapter is closed, plus we need a younger guy who is a dynamic recruiter.

Would it be odd to have an entire staff of alumnae and one new assistant who isn't?

Also wondering what it means for the staff if a new head coach comes in from a different background and the staff is all cuse alums. Cleans house? Relies heavily on those who know the zone and have taught it?
I still think the plan is to bring Hop back in 5 years.

Yeah, an old guy that has been out of coaching for half a decade, that was taken off the road as far as recruiting goes in 2001 is EXACTLY what we need. LOL. And that's not even taking into consideration the reasons he was let go.

Last edited:

Yes and maybe we will be bring in Bill Cosby with him. He hasn't been convicted of anything yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom