Anyone going to Greensboro? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone going to Greensboro?

Given Coronavirus I just don't think I should risk it.

Wait to buy...at the rate Cornonavirus panic is spreading those tickets may get really cheap.
I have seriously wondered whether the epidemic is going to cancel the NCAA tournament. I don’t think the increasing spread of the virus will affect the ACCT, but it might. I’m driving down anyway.

I have seriously wondered whether the epidemic is going to cancel the NCAA tournament. I don’t think the increasing spread of the virus will affect the ACCT, but it might. I’m driving down anyway.
The talk of not opening the games to the public has started.

Hell will freeze before the NCAA loses their March Madness revenue by their own choice
It would be quite the financial blow and dispiriting to hundreds of thousands of fans. But this epidemic seems to be altogether dispiriting.

Hell will freeze before the NCAA loses their March Madness revenue by their own choice
I agree, NCAA won’t do that. I have been looking to go to Vegas for the first time for March madness. I have watched prices drop everyday. The fear is real. Not going to lie, it’s in the back of my mind too when considering going.

I agree, NCAA won’t do that. I have been looking to go to Vegas for the first time for March madness. I have watched prices drop everyday. The fear is real. Not going to lie, it’s in the back of my mind too when considering going.
I’m not downplaying the severity of it because it is definitely serious at this point but my family and I are going to the ACCT and I have zero worries about it. It’s definitely different going overseas or maybe even to a tourist spot like Vegas but even then if I were you I’d jump right on the low prices. Just my mindset on the matter

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.

So, there's that...

"Paranoia the destroyer!"

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.

So, there's that...

Ha! Totally underrated Kinks song, one of my all-time faves.

... which alas, they were lip-syncing there, but whatever.

(Guess that Ray & Dave were on the outs then, since Dave wasn't even on stage)

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.

I am going. Visiting with friends in Durham before and with son and grandchild in Charlotte after. I am just wondering if we’re going to end up playing on Tuesday. Hope not!

Very small possibility. With 2 games left only BC is within 2 games of 9th place. SU beats them this week the current teams 5-9 won't drop to 10th place. Even if BC beat SU, the Eagles finish @FSU, so it's very unlikely BC goes 2-0 this week to crash the Wednesday party.

Very small possibility. With 2 games left only BC is within 2 games of 9th place. SU beats them this week the current teams 5-9 won't drop to 10th place. Even if BC beat SU, the Eagles finish @FSU, so it's very unlikely BC goes 2-0 this week to crash the Wednesday party.
Thank you! What a nice, precise answer to my question.

So, there's that...

The thing is that I can dramatically reduce my risk from the flu by getting immunized. There's no vaccine yet for Covid-19.

I was in the airport last week and a ton of folks with masks. It was a weird feeling I have to say

I was in the airport last week and a ton of folks with masks. It was a weird feeling I have to say

The same people wearing the masks will take it off whenever they get where they are going, forget to wash their hands and touch their nose or face.

The same people wearing the masks will take it off whenever they get where they are going, forget to wash their hands and touch their nose or face.
And to order a drink and eat pretzels. Not an exaggeration

The thing is that I can dramatically reduce my risk from the flu by getting immunized. There's no vaccine yet for Covid-19.

True. Typically a 55-60% reduction risk according to the CDC when vaccinated, however, this year according to the experts the shot is less effective. FWIW, I'm middle age and have never received a flu shot, nor have I ever had the flu.

Covid-19 is not some MI biological warfare/Chimera virus, just a different/new Corona type, in which there are several. Fact is, just as the flu numbers reflect, the vast majority of the population will survive this Covid-19 if stricken, and without residual, just as many do when hit with the flu.

Have they had the ACCT in St Pete since we joined? Saw the 2007 one was there when a rerun was shown today from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom