Anyone have 495 bucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone have 495 bucks

image.jpg

I only have about 20 bucks.

Is he actually going to wear these in his NBA games? I would have to think so, right?

For you guys that know shoes: I always assumed there was some actual expertise in design, construction, and materials in these athletic shoes to make them light/supportive/flexible/proper grip/safe on the feet and ankles. Is that actually true or are they simply all the same damn shoe with different skins. If there really is performance engineering, is it all boilerplate stuff or is there actually an art to producing a world class basketball shoe? Because if there is, this seems a pretty risk if dude is playing in a shoe designed and manufactured by his dad in his rookie year in the NBA.

Is he actually going to wear these in his NBA games? I would have to think so, right?

For you guys that know shoes: I always assumed there was some actual expertise in design, construction, and materials in these athletic shoes to make them light/supportive/flexible/proper grip/safe on the feet and ankles. Is that actually true or are they simply all the same damn shoe with different skins. If there really is performance engineering, is it all boilerplate stuff or is there actually an art to producing a world class basketball shoe? Because if there is, this seems a pretty risk if dude is playing in a shoe designed and manufactured by his dad in his rookie year in the NBA.

When I played basketball back in the day, basketball shoes were pretty good on the ankles compared to low tops but still needed them taped or wrapped up regardless. But in all honesty I could jump higher with skateboarding shoes.

I'm sure somebody will attack this post but I've played a TON of basketball in my time, shoes never made any difference in my game at least.

When I played basketball back in the day, basketball shoes were pretty good on the ankles compared to low tops but still needed them taped or wrapped up regardless. But in all honesty I could jump higher with skateboarding shoes.

I'm sure somebody will attack this post but I've played a TON of basketball in my time, shoes never made any difference in my game at least.

I usually have more success playing bball in low tops, my jordans are really uncomfortable and hard to run in.

Look at how high Dr. J could jump in the 70's. Could he jump even higher now with the new Lebrons? It probably wouldn't be noticeable. I made the mistake of buying Nike Air Flights back in the mid 90's. They were billed as the lightest basketball shoes ever, and they probably were, but instead of having a durable outsole, it was an aerated rubber outsole that wore out in about a week. They were light, and it felt like nothing on my feet, but I don't think I jumped higher or moved quicker.

Dude just tweeted out something like "if you can't afford them, you aren't Big Baller"

I hate the whole Ball family because of this dude.
I get what you're saying. I think Lonzo has handled himself well considering, but LaVar does have that effect...I doubt NBA teams will pass on Lonzo because of his dad but LaVar will certainly cost him endorsement money.

Jordan what? Some Team Jordans? Jordan retros are $175+ per shoe.

As far as the pricepoint goes, he doesn't get it, but overall the design of the shoe isn't better and its better than what Under Armour has put out for Curry. If they were priced from $100-150, they'd move units for sure. He's likely doing all of his production domestically which doesn't help his product costs. He needs to reach out to a Chinese factory to manufacture his products and cut down his costs. Marbury said that even if he sells 1000, he'll have changed the market going forward.
2011 Jordan 3's white cement retros are like $500. If you had the originals from '88, they're like 8K!

I wear 16s and it's difficult finding anything for my feet. Wouldn't spend that much on anything for my feet, would wrap them in in bubble wrap before the Amex comes out for those shoes.

From what I heard on the radio, size 14+ are $200 more...

They make a difference for me...mainly in the traction and fit.

I can't be sliding all over the place. Some shoes have better grips than others. The fit of the shoe really matters too. Nothing worse than feeling that shoe slip up and down on your heel, or feeling your feet slide a little bit side to side when you stop hard. If those two things are right, then the shoe is good to me.

Personal preference: I like lighter and lower shoes. If they're too high or boot like, I feel restricted and slower. More of a comfort thing. I prefer to forget I even have the shoe on. Other people feel more supported and protected with higher or bulkier shoes. I think that's all in personal preference.

At the end of the day, shoes don't make you better...but a bad shoe can make you play worse, IMO. You've gotta be able to stop on a dime when needed, and gotta be comfortable.

Agreed. They always felt clunky to me. But I was like that with all athletic shoes, cleats etc.

I usually have more success playing bball in low tops, my jordans are really uncomfortable and hard to run in.
Some of my best basketball was played in these. I guess that makes me old.:oops:

upload_2017-5-5_12-46-35.jpeg

As a guard, I found that lowtops gave me better flexibility and range of motion. I wore hightops for a time as well and didn't really discern any tangible ankle support benefit. In fact, I had a really bad ankle sprain wearing hightops when landing on a teammate's foot on a rebound. Now, my ankle is really loose and I turn it all the time walking on uneven city sidewalks and streets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom