Anyone hear anything on parking for next season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone hear anything on parking for next season?

Because it is clear you have found a solution. Others maybe haven’t. Maybe when someone asks just provide answers with out the side comments?

Found a solution? That would indicate there was a problem. That's kind of the point, there isn't a parking problem if one were looking outside their box.

There is plenty of parking at Manley North and others have provided other options. He was saying he wasn't going to renew season tickets based upon that because he had to "hunt for parking". Thats rather absurd dont you think? In any event, hopefully he now can renew his tickets.

Just curious. Where did you park last year?
I’ve always parked in the west lots for both football and basketball. It’s easy in and out and when you’re traveling 2 hours north, the last thing I want to do is to catch a bus and then try to get out of Skytop parking. Football is easier than basketball especially with all of these 8:00 starts. I use to pay $75 for football and now it’s $300, which is more than the season ticket.

I’m not renewing my tickets until I hear about the parking situation. I drive two hours and I don’t have time to hunt for parking.
I drive four hours and park at Skytop. The bus drops me off at the Quad and there's no schlepping up the damn hill in the rain/snow.

More than enough parking at Manley North along with an improving tailgating scene.
Yes sir. I’ve heard about a tremendous tailgate in the corner of Manley North closest to the dome. :cool:

I’ve always parked in the west lots for both football and basketball. It’s easy in and out and when you’re traveling 2 hours north, the last thing I want to do is to catch a bus and then try to get out of Skytop parking. Football is easier than basketball especially with all of these 8:00 starts. I use to pay $75 for football and now it’s $300, which is more than the season ticket.
Skytop gets a bad rap by people who don't know what it's about.

It's pretty quick to get from there to the Dome pregame and leaving after is just as easy.

Pretty similar to Manley North, minus the ability to walk. We've been there forever and made some great friends, otherwise I'd consider moving down the Manley.

There are more than enough places to park and no shortage of parking options.

Yes sir. I’ve heard about a tremendous tailgate in the corner of Manley North closest to the dome. :cool:

If that's yours, thats an quite the impressive set-up/gathering. Great spot too with the grassy area right there.

I’m not renewing my tickets until I hear about the parking situation. I drive two hours and I don’t have time to hunt for parking.
I have season tickets and drive 3.5 hours. Never takes more than a few minutes to decide whether to park in a garage or lot. Wow dude.

Stop by anytime. Beers are on me.
Is that you? Ive shot the with you several times en route to the porta potty when i choose to tailgate at Manley rather than my spot on Adams and University corner.

Nothing like Harrison Lot on a fine autumnal day!

Dang. Never knew that.
Yeah. If you plan on adding that you are a Veteran to your driver's license make sure you bring a copy of your dd214 as they keep a copy when you submit. If you don't have a copy of your dd214 you can make a request online through the government website or through your local Veteran affairs office. It's nice to have it on your license so you don't need to carry the actual paper around.

Need to keep the VA garage on the down low. If it gets too popular it will be taken away as an option. They have to keep the garage open for VA use first.

Skytop gets a bad rap by people who don't know what it's about.

It's pretty quick to get from there to the Dome pregame and leaving after is just as easy.

Pretty similar to Manley North, minus the ability to walk. We've been there forever and made some great friends, otherwise I'd consider moving down the Manley.

There are more than enough places to park and no shortage of parking options.

Heard the same from many Skytop tailgaters, MUCH better facilities than Dome West too. I know a lot of Fine Messers are apprehensive about reductions in Dome West parking in the coming years but I would certainly entertain Skytop as an option. Particularly when all student housing migrates to the main campus and the traffic between South and Main improves.

for me its a personal preference in that i hated waiting for the shuttles after games so i moved to a garage north of the dome as its an easier walk down hill vs up and also i get back on 81-s within 5 mins vs waiting for all the shuttles buses and also whenever i have extras to sell i can always find 3 or 4 people on my way in

Need to keep the VA garage on the down low. If it gets too popular it will be taken away as an option. They have to keep the garage open for VA use first.
I am pretty sure it is common knowledge. Everytime my son and I go it is packed to the top level just about with people going to the game.

Geez, why the attacks? Some people just dont like parking on south. I am one of them. If I cant find a parking pass in a lot near the dome I'd rather park down Irving and walk. I want to be on or around north campus, it's the vibe I prefer.

Just a note for those that pay for premium tickets and are looking to buy a parking pass near the Dome.

Go to your MyCuse Account and sign in. You should have a value assigned to your "2019 FB Premium Zone Account". This amount is credited towards any donation required to get a parking spot in a premium area. I heard your premium basketball tickets also have an amount you can apply to your donation required to a premium parking spot.

In my case I bought two season tickets for 2019 in the $225 section. Each ticket earned a $75 credit towards (a total of $150) whatever the Football Parking donation is required to purchase in Stadium West this year.

Im always puzzled when uninformed people say Syracuse tailgating isn't like the SEC, or other conferences. Ive been to many a venue, and i think we have the most widespread and unique tailgating experience in college football. I always called it urban tailgating because essentially its spread around for miles. I would much rather have tons of atmospheres and different pockets than one giant cluster@$#%. We have every possible environment you could want for tailgating, you just have to locate it and join.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom