Anyone here actively follow MLS? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone here actively follow MLS?

Bortukal

All Conference
I caught a little bit of the KC-CHI game tonight in probably the first MLS game I've watched since Beckham's first year in the league. It really seems like the quality of play has improved immensely in the past decade. I follow the EPL pretty much exclusively, but might have to start giving the home country's league a look from now on. Anybody have any impressions on the league? Seems LA and NY are the ones with the most high-profile talent.

Watching the LA/SJ game last night, the league still has a long way to go. But I always walk the championship game, and the quality has improved by leaps and bounds. If the Euro leagues are the Majors, MLS started as a single A league and is now between AA and AAA, I'd say.

I used to be a big DC United fan in the 96-98 period, before I left DC. I recall going to several games at RFK that were a boatload of fun. The team was loaded as well, with Etcheverry, Harkes, Moreno, Sanneh, Agoos, Rammel, and others. Scotty Garlick coming up huge in the net in the playoffs.

The city I moved to, Atlanta, is possibly the worst sports city in North America, and had no soccer presence, so I lost interest. But I think the early days of MLS were some of its finest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom