anyone know whats going on with quinta funderburk? | Syracusefan.com

anyone know whats going on with quinta funderburk?

That should tell you something.

Doesn't sound good to me either. No news in recruiting or transfers is almost always bad. Again, WR to me is a huge priority if we are going to give our new QB's some weapons they can gel with.

Hope it works out but his HS coach said the same thing a couple of months ago before the radio silence. Still weird him or his parents refuse to say anything.

High school coach: Wide receiver Quinta Funderburk is in Syracuse and ready to join Orange football program

“He’s going to be attending Syracuse. He’s up there now. I think they start Monday,” Richard Morgan, Funderburk’s coach at Oscar Smith High School in Chesapeake, Va., said this morning.

Awesome!

As with all the kids I'll believe it when I see it but this would be awesome.

And the coach is right on the details - about starting Monday. He must know something.

This is AWESOME if true.

I have stayed pretty quiet on this subject, hoping we were still going to get him.

I may be hopping on the recruiting bandwagon very very soon.

Hope it works out but his HS coach said the same thing a couple of months ago before the radio silence. Still weird him or his parents refuse to say anything.

Exactly. Excited if true but I'll wait to see him on the field.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The big thing I take from that statement from his coach is that he is currently in Syracuse. Obviously who knows what will happen as far as getting cleared but if he is in syracuse he is making the effort and was told to be there. Remember he does have to sit out a year anyways so maybe he does a semester or year at OCC to get fully cleared but I would see it as a positive that he is in Syracuse (if true) and heading towards becoming eligible for next year.

The big thing I take from that statement from his coach is that he is currently in Syracuse. Obviously who knows what will happen as far as getting cleared but if he is in syracuse he is making the effort and was told to be there. Remember he does have to sit out a year anyways so maybe he does a semester or year at OCC to get fully cleared but I would see it as a positive that he is in Syracuse (if true) and heading towards becoming eligible for next year.

Not sure he has to ... since Petrino was fired he could pursue a waiver ... that is my understanding anyway.

Not sure he has to ... since Petrino was fired he could pursue a waiver ... that is my understanding anyway.
Yeah that would be awesome if happens, but considering that he hasn't officially gotten into school yet and knowing the speed at which the NCAA operates :bang: if he got a hardship waiver in time for our bowl game :) I'd be excited

I guess it would depend on when he started the appeal process. If it was started a while ago (after initially leaving Ark) then I'd be optimistic about at least getting an answer sooner vs later, but if it hasn't been started yet (prob more than likely since it seems like he didn't know where he'd end up) then it's probably towards the bottom of the pile that the NCAA is already working on.

Yeah that would be awesome if happens, but considering that he hasn't officially gotten into school yet and knowing the speed at which the NCAA operates :bang: if he got a hardship waiver in time for our bowl game :) I'd be excited

I guess it would depend on when he started the appeal process. If it was started a while ago (after initially leaving Ark) then I'd be optimistic about at least getting an answer sooner vs later, but if it hasn't been started yet (prob more than likely since it seems like he didn't know where he'd end up) then it's probably towards the bottom of the pile that the NCAA is already working on.

Plus, historically we haven't had great luck with these type of NCAA reviews going our way or being resolved in a timely fashion.

Regardless, I'd be cool with getting Funderburk for 3 years of eligibility if he isn't available in 2012.

There have been
That should tell you something.
posts that have completely eliminated Funderburk from being a factor for Syracuse. Let me just use some conjecture about 2013 which would be his first year of eligibility in a normal course of events. If he were to be joined by Chris Clark and Laray Smith. That speed would jack us up a few notches in the preseason polls in the conference race and overall BCS raceComboned with the other players coming in at that point, I like our chances in the inaugural ACC year.

Isn't Clark eligible for this season? He's supposedly at school and will be at practice on Monday?

from what I understand he would likely not get a waiver. The NCAA normally looks at it as you are supposedly commiting to the school, not the coach...which we all know isnt true.

This is news to me (i.e., a coaching change being grounds to obtain an NCAA waiver).

Isn't Clark eligible for this season? He's supposedly at school and will be at practice on Monday?
This grade issue continual problem needs to be addressed by the sports nazis in the NCAA . IF we aren't talking about an internet college the issue should be reduced to confirming grades unless there is a communication problem like a dog eating the transcripts.;) He is now there and will be at practice which presumably means he plays.couchburn

He will sit out 2012 but ready for ACC 2013:E

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom