Anyone watching Wash v Baylor? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone watching Wash v Baylor?

I dont think they are necessarily a better team then SU right now. Stewart is a difference maker (but he's not close to a freshman Melo FWIW ... not close). Their offensive spacing and passing is much better, but they dont have much more movement. Being able to utilize Stewart on the switch after that last high screen was huge. Syracuse can't do that because Boeheim likes to have his screeners be guys who can't catch or shoot. On D, i liked the fact they went man on the last possession.

Huh? Can you imagine what Stewart would do to our "bigs"?

Regarding the second bolded point, our bigs are generally unskilled.

I hate, and I mean hate saying this. Granted it’s the first game but Stewart looked great. I think he made the right choice going to Washington cause I have no confidence in our staff putting together a competent offense or developing a big right now. He’ll be a very high pick, great choice kid. Kick to the nuts they interview Hop and Carter at the end of the game too and Hop gave Rochester a shoutout.

It's really hard for me not to root for UW or want to see them succeed. I'm a huge Hop fan and love the way he coaches. With the cuse connection it's impossible for me not to like them. Definitely a 2nd favorite behind my cuse now that hes been out there. Other then that I could care less about any other college basketball team. Hes not coming back here with what hes building out west. He will soon dominate the pac 12 and keep pulling top talent.

so I half watched most of the 2nd half

UW doesn't have a real offense in terms of movement, plays, etc (at least they didn't show it when I was really watching) but they do keep the ball moving towards the basket and obvs have a guy on the low post who can do something with the ball

good win

It felt almost as much fun watching them win as if it was SU. And it was certainly more fun watching Washington play basketball than it has been watching SU in long time, seeing them using a post player that can finish and also find guys with the inside out game, guys finishing at the rim, interior passing between big guys, and Hop switching defenses, especially at the end.

Seriously this is the team SU could have had
mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif.cf.gif

I dont think they are necessarily a better team then SU right now. I mean they are better, but not win 9 out of 10 better (like UVA was).
Stewart is a difference maker (but he's not close to a freshman Melo FWIW ... not close). Their offensive spacing and passing is much better, but they dont have much more movement. Being able to utilize Stewart on the switch after that last high screen was huge. Syracuse can't do that because Boeheim likes to have his screeners be guys who can't catch or shoot. On D, i liked the fact they went man on the last possession.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

I dont think they are necessarily a better team then SU right now. I mean they are better, but not win 9 out of 10 better (like UVA was).
Stewart is a difference maker (but he's not close to a freshman Melo FWIW ... not close). Their offensive spacing and passing is much better, but they dont have much more movement. Being able to utilize Stewart on the switch after that last high screen was huge. Syracuse can't do that because Boeheim likes to have his screeners be guys who can't catch or shoot. On D, i liked the fact they went man on the last possession.
Can’t tell if serious

Isaiah stewart is really good at basketball and Quade Green is not. I do not see it with this kid at all and I’ve watched him a lot

Quade had 2 more assists than our entire team did. He started and did well in Kentucky. He'd be our best player.

Can’t tell if serious

About which part, the better team? I clarified they are better, just not dominantly better. I liked the Washington team and will route for them because of Hop and the local kids, but they are far from some juggernaut, and the UVA team that just beat us, would give them all kinds of fits as well. Carter, Wright, and McDaniel would have had a much harder time against UVA's defense. They were all sloppy with their handle. I agree on Green. He had a Gottleib-type performance. Stewart was the obvious difference on offense though. And for Syracuse, i do not expect Marek, Guerrier, and Goodine to be the complete disasters on offense that they were again UVA.

I think that Washington will have a season that's an upgrade over last year. Will win some games they maybe are not supposed to, but will lose a few they shouldnt too - just less than last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom