Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned

Soul Crushed. But this team is in the best shape its been since 2001 and I'm actually confident we'll bounce back.

Doesn't mean I don't need to remedy what ails me with some heavy drinking about what might have been today, though.

There are a lot of positives but horrible loss. Sometimes you got to realize you are better top-to-bottom -- enough with the gimmick double reverse, fake hand off (or actual handoff). We should have sky'd it on Clemson after the success of Dungey, straight up pro-style passing. But we got to gimmicky at the end.

This team is extremely disciplined we can beat our opponent from a multitude of ways. I feel that the coaching staff is hesitant w/ unleashing Dungey in the passing game when the other stuff isn't working.

I say horrible loss because we should have won. We were more disciplined, we had better players, but at the end I feel that the perception of Clemson influenced our staff to play kinda gimmicky.

This post sounds negative but it is actually pretty positive. Clemson was good but should not have held our salt, we shall see them again at the end of the year; if and only if we use this loss as a severe learning experience, and also steal a couple short yardage running plays from them.

Dino is a fantastic coach and we are lucky to have him. That doesn't mean people can't make respectful and reasonable critiques of some of his decisions.

He should have started using timeouts sooner on that last Clemson drive to give us more time to work with. (mods, please don't ban me for saying that)

Love Babers great and gutsy performance but he is awful when it comes to clock management

Dino is a fantastic coach and we are lucky to have him. That doesn't mean people can't make respectful and reasonable critiques of some of his decisions.

He should have started using timeouts sooner on that last Clemson drive to give us more time to work with. (mods, please don't ban me for saying that)

He’s not perfect but in a game where 100s of plays are run and 100s of decisions are made I think we’ve gotta focus more on the big picture which is this staff has Syracuse playing wars with Clemson two years in a row.

Agree the one he bounced to Nykem would have been a big gainer
I just knew that was it. He played without his normal passion today. At least to me he did.

Agree the one he bounced to Nykem would have been a big gainer

Had he thrown it in chest, he springs for a big gain. Dungey does not plant his feet when he throws.

Probably wanted the time outs for a drive no? We were not losing. If he used them and didn’t have them people would complain. Heck I can’t believe none of the brainiacs have complained that we should’ve let them score earlier instead of letting them chew up the clock

A couple of plays away, NOTHING to be ashamed of.

Period.[ /QUOTE]
Well, There are always things that can be improved. I think the offense got too conservative in the second half. That put the defense on the field for too long.

I just knew that was it. He played without his normal passion today. At least to me he did.
And he had to do a pump fake before attempting the pass. That play was as big as the ineligible receivers.

Dino threw that interception

Dino grabbed that face mask

Dino went upfield and caught the penalty on that jump pass (albeit awful call, i didnt think he was far enough upfield)

I blame this loss on no individual. Theres more to learn and take from this loss than there is to dwell on.

Clemson dominated the game in the 2nd half. In my opinion, our coaches incredibly conservative play calling, was a critical factor as our D was on the field for such a significant time in the 2nd half. Their #9 back had over 200 yards rushing himself, a majority of it in the 2nd half. We had 12 first downs to their 26-27. If it wasn't for the gift touchdown we got on the muffed punt that we only had to go 9 yards for a TD, the final score is even larger.

I think, in the end, their stud freshman QB getting injured helped Clemson and hurt us. It hurt us as we got ultra
conservative in our playing calling in the 2nd half, and it helped them as Clemson's offensive philosophy changed in to run, run, run it down our throats in the 2nd half. That, then set up some of the passes for them as we were completed gassed, especially in the mid 80 degree sun soaked field. Dino and staff played not to lose in the 2nd half, vs. playing to win. Just my opinion from my observations, and a huge missed opportunity.

Phenomenal effort. Disappointing result but that’s because of the phenomenal effort.

I’d be hard pressed to blame anyone for the loss. Clemson’s D was just too good. All second half I thought we’d need 2 TDs to win. Came up one short.

Most important thing is to realize that this program is legit. We will have a good chance to win every game left on the schedule.

Dino threw that interception

Dino grabbed that face mask

Dino went upfield and caught the penalty on that jump pass (albeit awful call, i didnt think he was far enough upfield)

I blame this loss on no individual. Theres more to learn and take from this loss than there is to dwell on.
He was farther outfield than the TE that caught the pass. Was not even close. You will see it on the replay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom