anything interesting happening? | Syracusefan.com

anything interesting happening?

stuckinbig11

All American
I am proctoring my final exam and hoped to spend part of the time here (not repeats of the OLD discussions, which have made me ill).

I fried up some chicken wings and french fries for dinner tonight..the secret to crispy french fries.

Peel the potato, quarter it lengthwise..boil the potatoes until a fork will jab em with not a lot of resistance (not too mushy)..maybe 7-10 minutes. Run them under cold water..dry with a paper towel..cut into french fry sized strips.

Fry...they crisp and stay crispy.

You're welcome. Oh, and go Brockport.

Sitting here in my truck listening Coast to coast while my son is at tutoring.

Coast to coast can be great at times. I didn't know it was on so early now though.

Sitting here in my truck listening Coast to coast while my son is at tutoring.
I heard George Noory is going to get Major Ed Dames to do some Remote Viewing and some hypnosis with our players to see if we can get the shots to start dropping.

Went to a middle school winter concert featuring some super-talented kids. They sounded well above their age, and there were some tubas.

Went to a middle school winter concert featuring some super-talented kids. They sounded well above their age, and there were some tubas.
Yes! Last night I went to my daughters High School Christmas music program and it was outstanding. Male and Female Chorus groups as well as mixed chorus. The band, the jazz ensemble... wow!!! I was floored by how professional it all was. Kudos to some of the young kids of today. We constantly hear all the disparaging things about the youth of today. Well, I'll tell you what I saw and heard last night gives me a lot of hope for the future.

Was standing on my outside front porch area this afternoon and a kid - maybe 15 years old - cuts across my front lawn on his way home from school. Doesn't see me. Took everything I had not to yell Get Off My Lawn and scare the crap out of him. Everything.

Yes! Last night I went to my daughters High School Christmas music program and it was outstanding. Male and Female Chorus groups as well as mixed chorus. The band, the jazz ensemble... wow!!! I was floored by how professional it all was. Kudos to some of the young kids of today. We constantly hear all the disparaging things about the youth of today. Well, I'll tell you what I saw and heard last night gives me a lot of hope for the future.

SU's latest commit, Matthew Moyer, is a first chair violinist. I believe he said he could be top 5 in the state if he chose that over basketball. Music indeed seems to be positive for the development of kids, and that is part of what excites me about this kid. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...t_recruit_has_exploded_on_national_radar.html

Anyhow, now that the weekend is upon us, I see a high ceiling for this thread! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom