AP Poll #10 | Syracusefan.com

AP Poll #10

bnoro

Lurker
From twitter.com/johncassillo
"Individual voter breakdown's not up yet, but apparently someone voted SU 10th in the AP this week. Seriously."

In what galaxy can someone at this point justify listing us at #10. Granted, I don't really care too much since we're still #2 overall in the AP and polls don't play a huge role, but seriously? Would be willing to bet it's Wilner or Morris.

"Individual voter breakdown's not up yet, but apparently someone voted SU 10th in the AP this week. Seriously."

In what galaxy can someone at this point justify listing us at #10. Granted, I don't really care too much since we're still #2 overall in the AP and polls don't play a huge role, but seriously? Would be willing to bet it's Wilner or Morris.
I think even Iggy would have voted us #2.

He should have his vote taken away. I think someone who votes so off base with the majority should have to justify that vote, or they lose their voting privileges. They are entrusted with a great responsibility and some do not take their task seriously.

LOL. HOW DARE HE NOT VOTE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

You guys take this too personally.
If you watch college basketball it's pretty obvious we are one of the best in the country. I have friends that root for Duke and Arizona that believe this. The person making that vote is clearly not watching the sport this year.

If you watch college basketball it's pretty obvious we are one of the best in the country. I have friends that root for Duke and Arizona that believe this. The person making that vote is clearly not watching the sport this year.

Yeah its more of a get this schmuck who doesnt take this opportunity seriously out of the pool of voters than just being an insult to us.

No its unjustified. Its a clear bias towards SU and people like that shouldn't have a vote.

So if everyone voted Syracuse #25 and this one guy voted us number one you would agree that he shouldn't have a vote.

I mean clear bias amirite?

docsu said:
So if everyone voted Syracuse #25 and this one guy voted us number one you would agree that he shouldn't have a vote. I mean clear bias amirite?
Yeah of course it wouldnt make it right. He should have his vote under investigation and removed. I hate people who abuse their power for their own personal gain. And his personal gain was removing us from the top spot as much as possible without making it too obvious but we saw his red flag he put out there.

haters.jpg

One of the Syracuse.com football writers.

Yeah of course it wouldnt make it right. He should have his vote under investigation and removed. I hate people who abuse their power for their own personal gain. And his personal gain was removing us from the top spot as much as possible without making it too obvious but we saw his red flag he put out there.

I love conspiracies

Because these weekly popularity contests play a big role in NCAA tournament seedlings. People who undermine the ratings with crap like this should lose their votes. That's why .

I don't think the rankings play any role at all really in the seeding come March. Which is good, because I doubt a lot of people really take their votes that seriously.

My guess is it would be pretty tough to make a case for SU as #10, and I'm even more sure that whoever has them #10 couldn't really make that case.

In fairness rankings are lists that start out unfair.
Nova was ranked only eighth with some good wins, but we were ranked 2nd.

Granted we beat them handily at home, but whos to say they shouldn't have been ranked 2nd and us 8th? And alot of years number 8 would only move up to 6-7 when they did win.

We used to use a old saying "stop the race" when watching the race horses when your horses were in front. But if we did, I would be ready for next season to start Jan 1st.

Nova could have the same argument, whos to say they shouldn't actually move up to 5th after loosing to #2? But they could drop out of the top 10.

Last edited:
I love conspiracies

I don't believe it is a conspiracy. But I do believe when it comes to college basketball the guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. He should not be a voter if he isn't going to follow the sport or take his voting responsibilities seriously.

Because these weekly popularity contests play a big role in NCAA tournament seedlings. People who undermine the ratings with crap like this should lose their votes. That's why .
It's an outlier that has no impact on the net results. This is why they have so many voters. No single voter is all that important. Not a big deal.

I don't believe it is a conspiracy. But I do believe when it comes to college basketball the guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. He should not be a voter if he isn't going to follow the sport or take his voting responsibilities seriously.

Agreed...a popularity poll in December that has zero bearing on March seeding or placement is serious business indeed.