Apparently Watkins is a Thing in This League | Syracusefan.com

Apparently Watkins is a Thing in This League

that was sweet. this sideline reporter has swag

Darryl “mook” the Giant Watkins .. sounds more like a mid 80s WWF character

Last edited:
Watkins was a very nice person and a very good student at SU. Quiet, smart, respectful. So happy that he’s doing well still on the court, he’s a player that I figured would do well off the court too. Wonder if he’d be available for Boeheim’s Army?

Watkins was a very nice person and a very good student at SU. Quiet, smart, respectful. So happy that he’s doing well still on the court, he’s a player that I figured would do well off the court too. Wonder if he’d be available for Boeheim’s Army?

He played in 2016 but not sure he has since then.

So, Watkins admittedly didn't have great hands, but I felt he was really underused on offense. His freshman year he seemed to have a developing post game, and we just never involved him that consistently once he started playing more minutes.

I think the hands wouldn't have been a problem had we fed him passes when he established good post position. He wasn't great gathering the ball on the move, so fine, have him catch it stationary.

that was sweet. this sideline reporter has swag
Love that he goes by one name, "Dion."
And he has great outcue as a catchphrase, "They...make me feel so little."

In other international hoops , San Miguel Beermen outlasted the Magnolia Hot Shots by one point in game 7 of The PBA Governors Cup

I love these foreign leagues

Fajardo is the truth.. 31 boards

Last edited:
So, Watkins admittedly didn't have great hands, but I felt he was really underused on offense. His freshman year he seemed to have a developing post game, and we just never involved him that consistently once he started playing more minutes.

I think the hands wouldn't have been a problem had we fed him passes when he established good post position. He wasn't great gathering the ball on the move, so fine, have him catch it stationary.

In my alternate history of 2005, Mookie doesn't tear ligaments in his hand against Hofstra, he continues his pace of development into Big East play while taking more of Forth's minutes, we take a few more games from Pitt, UConn, and BC, and wind up in the Final Four.

Really, I think his injury was the tipping point for that season. He was really playing well in December, and he wound up playing great in New York in March, but that lost month cost him an even larger role.

In my alternate history of 2005, Mookie doesn't tear ligaments in his hand against Hofstra, he continues his pace of development into Big East play while taking more of Forth's minutes, we take a few more games from Pitt, UConn, and BC, and wind up in the Final Four.

Really, I think his injury was the tipping point for that season. He was really playing well in December, and he wound up playing great in New York in March, but that lost month cost him an even larger role.
I forgot about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom