Archie Miller to Indiana | Syracusefan.com

Archie Miller to Indiana

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Any IU or Dayton recruits worth getting involved with at this point?

If Indiana was gonna replace Tom Crean they should've gotten the guy taken care of before they fired him.

Archie Miller is a nice coach but I wouldn't say he's that much better than Tom Crean.

I think this tells us what coaches thought of the Indiana job.

If Indiana was gonna replace Tom Crean they should've gotten the guy taken care of before they fired him.

Archie Miller is a nice coach but I wouldn't say he's that much better than Tom Crean.

which is odd, because you can win in the b1g.

there is not a UNC or Duke or whomever the team du jour is in your way.

its just sparty and then whomever.

the Indiana job should've been the most coveted one out there.

Yea, I wouldn't be thrilled if Cuse replaced JB with an Archie Miller type when the time comes.

I'm sure I'd talk myself into it but initially, this hire is meh.

Who do you guys think we're going to get if Archie Miller is considered a bad hire?
I don't know that we would get anyone better but I'm not in love with Archie Miller. I think he's a good fit at an underdog school like Dayton. Not sure how he translates to the bright lights.

I don't know that we would get anyone better but I'm not in love with Archie Miller. I think he's a good fit at an underdog school like Dayton. Not sure how he translates to the bright lights.
Why?

Any of the last several Knicks coaches would be happy to take the job. :)

The guy wins A TON. As for the bright lights we should ask JB...

Chris Mack has more tournament success than Archie Miller.

Mack, Holtzman from Butler would have been my backups if Alford was a no.

If the hire was going to be Miller I would have given Crean another year. With a healthy team. Miller isn't necessarily an upgrade from a Crean.

Miller's a good coach, but let's be real: If we take care of business in 2014, he's not coaching IU today.

Chris Mack has more tournament success than Archie Miller.

Mack, Holtzman from Butler would have been my backups if Alford was a no.

If the hire was going to be Miller I would have given Crean another year. With a healthy team. Miller isn't necessarily an upgrade from a Crean.
Agreed.
This is Indiana for chrissakes, they could've/should've been able to do better.
Its not that he isn't a good coach, but has he done enough at this stage to snag a blue-blood, Top 10, iconic Hoosier program for himself?
I don't think so. JMHO

Who was Indiana going to get that is better than Miller? I think he did a great job at Dayton. Will Allen Griffin go with him or go to SU or Washington?
Well, Archie has a 7 year deal. JB has no idea when he will step down or health becomes an issue. Griff would be crazy to come here instead of indy if he has a choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom