Archie Miller to Indiana | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Archie Miller to Indiana

Same with the Celts head coach if Arinze didn't get hurt.
Brad Stevens was an up and comer even if we beat Butler in 2010.

He would probably be the guy Indiana would be hiring now if he stayed at Butler.
Stevens didn't leave the cupboard empty when he left Butler.
Butler has won atleast 1 NCAA tournament game each of the last 3 years.
Stevens stocked it up for Holtzman.

Holtmann would have been my first choice if I were IU but Miller is a damn good coach. It's a good hire. I assume Griffin will go with him, but will be interesting to see. I would like us to hire outside the family, assuming that person is a kick butt recruiter.

He would probably be the guy Indiana would be hiring now if he stayed at Butler.

I like Holtmann a lot but obviously Stevens set things up well for him. I think Stevens is the best young(er) coach in all of basketball, pro or college

Doesn't change the fact that it was the back to back final games that got everyone's attention. I'm not saying brad isn't a great coach. just that games can be played all the time about someone else accomplishments. I was thinking just the other day that the Browns won the NFL title in '64. What if Ernie Davis didn't get sick. Could thye have been a powerhouse in '62, '63, '64 and '65? What would that have done to Lombardi's legacy? Stevens made the most of a big break.

If Indiana was gonna replace Tom Crean they should've gotten the guy taken care of before they fired him.

Archie Miller is a nice coach but I wouldn't say he's that much better than Tom Crean.

I think this tells us what coaches thought of the Indiana job.
Please give me five names that you think they could have and should have got instead of Miller?

Doesn't change the fact that it was the back to back final games that got everyone's attention. I'm not saying brad isn't a great coach. just that games can be played all the time about someone else accomplishments. I was thinking just the other day that the Browns won the NFL title in '64. What if Ernie Davis didn't get sick. Could thye have been a powerhouse in '62, '63, '64 and '65? What would that have done to Lombardi's legacy? Stevens made the most of a big break.
The back to back final fours got Stevens attention and interest from Danny Ainge and the Celtics.
Even without those final fours the building job he was doing at Butler at such a young age was going to put him on the radar of bigger schools. 2010 and 2011 made him go to the NBA but it had nothing to do with the fact the guy was doing a great job.
In fact Celtics reporters say he took the job in Boston because of the job Tom Crean did in 2013. He didn't think the Indiana job is going to open up. So he took the NBA job and is being paid a lot of money.

Please give me five names that you think they could have and should have got instead of Miller?
1. Chris Mack-Xavier
2. Chris Holtmann- Butler
3. Fred Hoiberg- Chicago Bulls
4. Buzz Williams- Virginia Tech
5. Mick Cronin- Cincinnati

All these guys would have been better IMO.
I think Crean should have gotten another year than hiring Archie Miller.

Not sure about that. Butler was the runner-up again the season after.

1. Chris Mack-Xavier

Agree on the first two. Living in Chicago I hope someone takes Hoiberg off the Bulls hands unless they fire him. Good college coach but man does he suck in the NBA.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"

Shakespeare's play Henry IV, Part 2.

Jughead_Button.jpg

1. Chris Mack-Xavier

I was thinking along the lines of who I want Syracuse to bring in. I like Chris Mack a lot. I like Archie a lot . Better than Crean, who had his chance. Buzz would have been a fantastic choice. Cronin as well. Hoiberg, not so much.

I wonder if Archie even considered his alma mater? It appears he did not. Keatts was a good hire, but this would be like Hopkins going to Kansas if both our and their job was open.

The made the national final the next year. I forgot who they lost too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom