Archie Miller to Indiana | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Archie Miller to Indiana

Adjust the resume. You think an elite program like Indiana hires a successful regular season A-10 coach who has never made it past the first weekend of the tournament?

So you think IU would have hired Crean if Marquette didn't make the F4 in 2003? Adjust the resume.

So you think IU would have hired Crean if Marquette didn't make the F4 in 2003? Adjust the resume.
Hell no. And I don't think Smart is at Texas without the Final Four run, either.

You want to answer the question now?

Hell no. And I don't think Smart is as Texas without the Final Four run, either.

You want to answer the question now?

It's a really dumb question.

It's a really dumb question.
Still stubborn after all these years. You know I'm right. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the game now.

Still stubborn after all these years. You know I'm right. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the game now.

I tend to like to deal in reality and not stoopid hypotheticals.

Miller's alright, it'll be interesting to see if he does better than Crean who I believe went 6-4 in the NCAAT in his 9 years with Indiana. They probably could've kept Crean and done just as well.

There is no logical basis for saying gmac over Archie. None. Gmac has done nothing as an ass't. Bad comparison. In the 7 years prior to archie becoming head coach at Dayton, Dayton made 1 NCAA tournament. They just made their 4th straight . Big difference.

Agree 100%, it's just arguing for the sake of arguing.. Won conference last two years I think, other than a few outliers ( Butler, VCU) . Mid majors have never demonstrated any long term success in the NCAA tournament. Miller has demonstrated solid success as a HC at Dayton, Indiana wasn't getting Alford or Stevens, Miller was a very logical hire.

In addition, Syracuse would be wise to make sure they hire a guy with HC experience, IMO. I don't know if Miller will be great at Indiana but he will have plenty of resources but arguing GMAC over Miller is just foolish. One thing to voice the opinion but there is zero logical argument

So you think he still gets the IU job if we beat them in 2014 and everything else stays the same?

you could seriously rewrite the history of every human on earth with this type of crap. Where would Boeheim be right now had Oklahoma St not completely melted down in the second half when we won it all? We were being destroyed and they had one of the best defenders in the last 15 years on that team.

you could seriously rewrite the history of every human on earth with this type of crap. Where would Boeheim be right now had Oklahoma St not completely melted down in the second half when we won it all? We were being destroyed and they had one of the best defenders in the last 15 years on that team.
You could but objectively look at how bad our offense was in 2014.

That game is only game in the last 17 years Syracuse didn't make a single 3pt shot. We lost that game by 2 points and made one jump shot outside of the paint the entire game and lost 55-53.

That win is the crown jewel on Archie Miller's resume.

We didn't get beat as much as we were pathetic and lost. We scored 53 points and lost by 2. Dayton wasn't that good. They made 8 3's and we played literally the worst game I have seen offensively from Syracuse outside of the 39 point performance at Georgetown in 2013.

You could but objectively look at how bad our offense was in 2014.

That game is only game in the last 17 years Syracuse didn't make a single 3pt shot. We lost that game by 2 points and made one jump shot outside of the paint the entire game and lost 55-53.

That win is the crown jewel on Archie Miller's resume.

We didn't get beat as much as we were pathetic and lost. We scored 53 points and lost by 2. Dayton wasn't that good. They made 8 3's and we played literally the worst game I have seen offensively from Syracuse outside of the 39 point performance at Georgetown in 2013.

I am higher on Miller than you are, so we disagree there. But you're right on the NCAA game. If we had just been bad shooting 3's instead of downright horrible, that's a victory. Still bothers me.

Boeheim would still have four Final Fours and 1000 wins on his resume.

Not sure what is funnier...the anti-Archie posts or the pro-crean posts...

Again, not a bad coach by any means. But IU good? At this stage of his career? I'd say no. JMHO :noidea:

I never realized Archie Miller had such a fierce following on this board, my goodness.

You didn't know? Anybody that beats SU or has success against us is amazing. I've heard that Carleton is a top 10 team, La Tech would be a mid P5 team in their conference and St Francis NY is much better than they show. There are countless others I can name as well, but I think we all get the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom