Archie Miller to Indiana | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Archie Miller to Indiana

So a coach that got a 7 seed each of the last 2 years and lost in the 1st round is a great NCAA tournament coach? I'm really not getting the Archie love.
He's not a great conference tournament or NIT coach either.

Stanford was a #10 seed and Boise State was a play-in game. As Derrick Coleman would say, "Whoop-de-damn-do." If you think a pair of upset wins over #6 seeds is getting anyone a job at Indiana, more power to you.

lol He got the job.

2 years ago Daytona lost in the NCAA's to Syracuse, who made it to the final four, and this year to Wichita who was the most under seeded team in the tourney.

Donovan will be an option for somebody in 2-3 years. He isn't a good pro coach and wanted a challenge. He thought he was going to have Durant and Westbrook.

Durant bolted and they are just a middle of the road NBA team. Westbrook resigned for 3 years.

Once he slows down and him and Donovan clash heads will happen Donovan will get canned.

Donovan will have gotten his insane NBA money and will have his choice of college jobs.

I think Donovan to Louisville post Pitino is most likely. He gets a great job and replaces his mentor and in a good spot. This could happen unless little Pitino is the guy.

I could see UL, lots of cash there, treated like an NBA gig in certain ways.

I would rather give Gerry McNamara the keys than hire the equivalent of an Archie Miller.

Archie Miller hasn't done anything to suggest he can deliver at a good job. He is riding the coattail of his brothers job at Arizona. Sean recruited well at Xavier in the A-10 and showed he had potential.
Sean made the NCAA tournament 4 of 5 years at Xavier.
He won the A-10 regular season 3 times.
He won the tournament another year.
All when the A-10 was better than it is now.
Sean made the Sweet 16 3 times in 5 years.
Another time he lost in OT in the second round to an Ohio State team that made the NC game and his team stupidly didn't foul up 3 at the end of the game.

Sean showed he was legit.

Archie has done less at Dayton. He inherited as decent squad. He hasn't recruited as well as his brother did.

He made one run because Tyler Ennis/Trevor cooney/Michael Gbinije and the entire Syracuse roster couldn't make one three for an entire game and beat us 55-53.

Since that run he has done nothing in the NCAA tournament outside a first round win.

They guy is using his brothers job performance to give off the image he can do the same. Sorry if I don't believe it.

GMac over Miller for me and you know what I think of the former as the next HC.

lol you would argue today isn't Sunday with conviction.

Miller did not inherit a great program. The previous regime went to one NCAA tournament in the previous six years. The current senior laden squad was entirely recruited by Miller and not by his predecessor. Over the last four years Miller went to the NCAAs each year, averaged 25.5 wins per year and won five NCAA tournament games. Yet you speak of him in the same light as Craig Esherick. lol

I don't think you're far out there for being down on him. Aside from the elite 8 there's not much that separates him from Brian Gregory.

But I think they dodged one in Alford.

And the five NCAA tournament wins.

Archie Miller really does look like a character on Boardwalk Empire.

Archie+Miller+NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+Third+lahHvEaYjVgl.jpg.cf.jpg

lol you would argue today isn't Sunday with conviction.

Miller did not inherit a great program. The previous regime went to one NCAA tournament in the previous six years. The current senior laden squad was entirely recruited by Miller and not by his predecessor. Over the last four years Miller went to the NCAAs each year, averaged 25.5 wins per year and won five NCAA tournament games. Yet you speak of him in the same light as Craig Esherick. lol
Agreed... i went to college at Dayton and Brian Gregory was the coach the whole time and did nothing but under achieve. He brought in a couple decent recruits (Chris wright) and got nothing out of them.
When Gregory took the job at GT everyone said it was a promotion/better job but he was on the verge of being fired at Dayton. Nobody at Dayton wanted Gregory anymore.

Archie is about as good of a coach as it gets. Yes, he has been helped out with S.Smith making every big time shot that was needed but he also got a lot out of other players like the Davis boys, Cooke (JMU transfer) and Pollard.

Archie also has a pretty big PG recruit coming in this year that everyone is worried about losing right now (M.wright).

Archie is also already has all the in road in the area recruiting and will be able to step right in and not miss a beat.

We have known Archie was going to leave sooner or later but most assumed it was going to be in a year or 2 for Ohio state. But anyone who doesn't think Archie is a big time coach is wrong. He is everything is brother is.

Agreed... i went to college at Dayton and Brian Gregory was the coach the whole time and did nothing but under achieve. He brought in a couple decent recruits (Chris wright) and got nothing out of them.
When Gregory took the job at GT everyone said it was a promotion/better job but he was on the verge of being fired at Dayton. Nobody at Dayton wanted Gregory anymore.

Archie is about as good of a coach as it gets. Yes, he has been helped out with S.Smith making every big time shot that was needed but he also got a lot out of other players like the Davis boys, Cooke (JMU transfer) and Pollard.

Archie also has a pretty big PG recruit coming in this year that everyone is worried about losing right now (M.wright).

Archie is also already has all the in road in the area recruiting and will be able to step right in and not miss a beat.

We have known Archie was going to leave sooner or later but most assumed it was going to be in a year or 2 for Ohio state. But anyone who doesn't think Archie is a big time coach is wrong. He is everything is brother is.
Sean Miller recruited to Xavier. How did Sean recruit well to X but Archie hasn't done the same.
McKinley Wright

https://n./content/prospects/1155

3 star recruit. Offers from Memphis, Minnesota, Xavier.

This recruit isn't anything special and the rest of the class is medicore.

Miller is not a sure thing.

Sean Miller recruited to Xavier. How did Sean recruit well to X but Archie hasn't done the same.
McKinley Wright

https://n. /content/prospects/1155

3 star recruit. Offers from Memphis, Minnesota, Xavier.

This recruit isn't anything special and the rest of the class is medicore.

Miller is not a sure thing.

It's interesting because I thought Sean Miller was thoroughly out-coached by Chris Mack on Thursday night. AZ probably has as much or more talent than any team in the country yet Miller had no answer for Xavier's zone, hoisting up 27 threes instead of utilizing his team's superior bigs.

And the four seasons of 25.5 wins per year and the two NCAA wins in 2015. Duh.
So you think he still gets the IU job if we beat them in 2014 and everything else stays the same?

So you think he still gets the IU job if we beat them in 2014 and everything else stays the same?

Who knows? But we didn't beat him. You could play that game all day long.

Adjust the resume. You think an elite program like Indiana hires a successful regular season A-10 coach who has never made it past the first weekend of the tournament?

But what if they didn't win any games? Do you think he would have the job?

What if he was an accountant and not a coach? Do you think he would have the job?

What if he was 16? Do you think he would have the job?

What if JB never got melo? Do you think he would have a Nat title?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom