Are Dukes and Dawson the only two we are waiting to see | Syracusefan.com

Are Dukes and Dawson the only two we are waiting to see

Will be interesting to see if there are any other surprises that pop out of the woodwork, that aren't on the board's radar screen.

Will be interesting to see if there are any other surprises that pop out of the woodwork, that aren't on the board's radar screen.

I think we'll have to wait until Feb. Would love to land VSmith and I personally prefer Dukes over Garrison. Will be interesting now to see what shakes out and how many spots we actually have.

I'd keep an eye on any top shelf QBs who don't sign early to.

Looks like everybody has signed -- anybody missing?

Ah, saw he was pinned so I figured his NLI was in.
Only when the thread header says so. I believe that we have concluded the early signing day news for this morning.

IDK. we got a few decent recruits. I don't think we made the splash in the same way we did last year. That's just my opinion. Hopefully we can build off this season and keep getting better recruits for next year.

Only when the thread header says so. I believe that we have concluded the early signing day news for this morning.

Got it -- what happened with me was that I saw that the signed NLI threads were being tacked. So when I saw Jordan's thread tacked in that group [earlier this morning, the ones that hadn't send in the NLI had not been tacked], I assumed that he had signed when I was counting the threads, because I didn't look at the thread title.

It was just a mis-read on my part, due to his thread being tacked with the others.

IDK. we got a few decent recruits. I don't think we made the splash in the same way we did last year. That's just my opinion. Hopefully we can build off this season and keep getting better recruits for next year.

No offense, but that's not a very good assessment of this class.

At all.

Your opinion is woefully incorrect. But thanks for sharing it. :rolleyes:

What’s our rating for the class?

If that's what you're basing your opinion on -- and how you're formulating the opinions that we "we got a few decent recruits" and "don't think we made the splash in the same way we did last year," then you're using a pretty poor barometer and set of evaluative criteria.

And no offense, both opinions are wrong.

Not sure what you mean by 'splash' but imo our top end - albeit on paper - is better than last year. Amie was a signing day surprise last year - certainly no bigger splash than that, but we got two elite level 4-star linebackers this year plus Cornelius Nunn who s/b a 4 star AND Jawhar Jordan actually signed this year.

I think at worse this class is a push with last year and we know now how good last year's class turned out.

Stars aren't as reliable as the SU staff - ratings suffer when kids are hurt (Dawson), Canadian, etc. If you're interested enough to comment, take a look at the vids and you can see how good some of these recruits are. Phat mentioned Jordan. Remember the guys we couldn't catch this season - Eskridge, Newsome and Dortch - well Jordan has that kind of game-changing speed.

Canton and Nunn are going to be studs. The two LB's are eye-watering talents ... bigger, heavier and just as fast or faster than we've had in the past. The linemen on both sides of the ball are ACC caliber, although some (Tauz.) might take some time to develop. Benson ... (TE) has size and speed galore, fastest maybe since Geds was here.

And we're not only recruiting talent, many of these kids are academically capable too. Lots to be excited about unless you want to sit back and scoff about "stars".

Football - Wednesday, December 19 - Signing Day - Syracuse University Athletics

Last edited:
I mean, look at the vids and you can see how good some of these recruits are. Phat mentioned Jordan. Remember the guys we couldn't catch this season - Eskridge, Newsome and Dortch - well Jordan has that kind of game-changing talent.

Canton's going to be a monster. The two LB's are eye-watering talents ... bigger, heavier and just as fast or faster than we've had in the past. The linemen on both sides of the ball are ACC caliber, although some (Tauz.) might take some time to develop.

And we're not only recruiting talent, many of these kids are academically capable too. Lots to be excited about unless you want to sit back and scoff about "stars".

Football - Wednesday, December 19 - Signing Day - Syracuse University Athletics
Dino is bringing in talent. No need for "faith without evidence" at this point.

If that's what you're basing your opinion on -- and how you're formulating the opinions that we "we got a few decent recruits" and "don't think we made the splash in the same way we did last year," then you're using a pretty poor barometer and set of evaluative criteria.

And no offense, both opinions are wrong.
And for the rest of us, the sun still rises and falls each day. I truly feel badly for people who have to see negative in everything, even if they don’t understand it or appreciate it in a larger sense.

Let’s play “how to read recruiting rankings”

1. Look at average player ranking (takes size of class out of it)
2. See the difference between #13 and #3
is less than 3 points (Note that FSU and Clemson are another 3 points higher)
3. Note that we beat most of the teams on the list

Notes:
- look at stars as “% Chance of how good they’ll be in college”
- remember all rankings are driven by camping with paid camps
- remember that camp offers (our own cams) often outplay their ranking
- these rankings can help determine quality of a roster - but remember that transfers are not factored in
- this is the early signing - there will be more added and this staff “reaches” less than the last two
- Canadians often get cursory looks and rankings - they are wild cards

Im excited for the LBers most in this class. Love the South Carolina kid simply because he had the gentleman with the disability by his side, what a high character guy!

At the end of the day we truly dont know what we have but there is no need to be pessimistic. Dino has done more with less in the past, Im confident this class will be just fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom