Are there any viable recruits | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Are there any viable recruits

Bullshit...I really wish LSU would get the hammer dropped on them but its not happening.

Bullshit...I really wish LSU would get the hammer dropped on them but its not happening.

I would love Efton Reid, but that is not happening. Efton was teammates with Woody Newton on Team Takeover. At the last EYBL in Atlanta (pre-Covid), I sat next to Efton's mom (the bird call lady-- she is known for a sound she makes for her son) and she told me then about Woody wanting to commit to Syracuse (pre-announcement). She said Woody and his parents loved Syracuse. At that time, it sounded like Virginia would be the favorite for Efton. Fast forward to the present.. Virginia is still in the running, but so is FSU, Ohio State, and yes, Pitt. He is announcing April 15th, so I don't see Syracuse jumping in this late and pulling a top 20 recruit and one of the top centers in the class. We know Benny is still all Orange, but is Woody?
Unfortunately, this was never going to be Cuse. Surprised it ended up this way though. He announced 3.5 weeks late, so something changed. Hmm...

Unfortunately, this was never going to be Cuse. Surprised it ended up this way though. He announced 3.5 weeks late, so something changed. Hmm...
Yea it was a strange recruitment the past month or so. His mom made a few posts about his announcement and delaying it etc...not surprising its LSU.

Yea it was a strange recruitment the past month or so. His mom made a few posts about his announcement and delaying it etc...not surprising its LSU.
Screenshot_20210510-005651_Chrome.jpg

Gonzaga is just loading up.
Hypothetically, if Hickman had reached out to GMac or Red a month ago, and said "hey, I want to come play at Syracuse, but I want to start at PG", do you think that JB would have offered him?

Hypothetically, if Hickman had reached out to GMac or Red a month ago, and said "hey, I want to come play at Syracuse, but I want to start at PG", do you think that JB would have offered him?
A “you’d have an opportunity to be the guy but nothing guaranteed with us” response but maybe I’m wrong.

JB would probably ask him how many dozen wings could he put down in a sitting.

why not? We offered Dior who would have definitely started in 22.

A “you’d have an opportunity to be the guy but nothing guaranteed with us” response but maybe I’m wrong.
Yep basically the response he is giving kids these days besides the ones that are a clear cut a need. It’s more of you have the opportunity to earn minutes.

This bio says he's 6'4" but he doesn't look that big in the video.
He is a legit 6'4 and quick. Heard one college coach say he could play in the ACC. He's a better ballhandler now- and far, far quicker than- JG3. He hasn't passed much in the past 2 years as a HS player, but he hasn't had much to pass to.

I don't know if any of you have heard of this kid (Gus Yalden IMG/WI) or not. He is 2023 4-star kid who seems like a lock for Wisconsin. Some great nicknames.. the Gus Bus and Baby Jokic. SU is not involved, but I just wanted to share...

I don't know if any of you have heard of this kid (Gus Yalden IMG/WI) or not. He is 2023 4-star kid who seems like a lock for Wisconsin. Some great nicknames.. the Gus Bus and Baby Jokic. SU is not involved, but I just wanted to share...
A guy walks into a bar and says "supersize my wiscy"
0thUphs.gif

Interesting prospect. I know it's just one highlight film but the quality of guys he is playing against here is not all that impressive... Along with a cameo from the No Regrets kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom