Are we gonna be a doormat... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we gonna be a doormat...

That's a huge myth. Combine the best players from all those teams and you still won't have a top 25 club.

Point taken, but a tad hyperbolic, no?

That's a "the glass in half-empty" approach which you're certainly entitled to.
In all seriousness...what other approach should we have?

44cuse

year after year in the ACC??? Will the move essentially set us back and put us in a conference where will we have no hope of winning a title or reaching anything above mediocrity?

I think Marrone has already answered that question. He has improved discipline which shows on the field. He is recruiting speed. He coaches dedication on and off the field and the kids are showing it. We have a serious talent disparity but are kids are giving 100% and do not give up, see our late game wins. He has us headed in the right direction. We are mediocre now, why should we step backwards in the ACC.

44cuse

Everything depends on the window you look at. If you look at the last 25 years, Syracuse will compete fine. If you look at the last 18 months in which we won a bowl and beat a mid-level ACC team, we'll be fine. If you look at the last 9-10 years, you're probably concerned.

I think we have put most of the pieces in place to be at least moderately successful in the ACC. the only way that Syracuse is a doormat isif they don't try. Having been to the high-school level stadium Duke plays in...the reason they are a football dog is they don't even pretend to try. Syracuse isn't Duke.

rolleyes.gif

CMON MAN ! Questions like that will get you into TIME OUT !
GO ORANGE !

I think Boston College has doormat wrapped up for a while.

this is a really long post that makes no sense. we beat an acc team this year and we are young and terrible.

You don't make any sense. First, you imply that we would be competitive in the ACC because we finally win 1 game vs. an ACC opponent, but then you say we're "terrible. So make up your mind and get back to me on if we'll be competitive or not.

And I guess I didn't realize that an under-manned-4th-Q WF team apparently represents the entire ACC for which your claim stands on. This post was about being competitive, and I'm telling you we won't be, for years to come. So we won 1 game. How bout SU's last 17 games vs. the ACC.. try about a 2-15 record. Tremendous. Take off your blinders.

Joe ! CMON MAN ! What is THAT PIC?!? and you want to be taken seriously?

Agreed 100%. But being one of the two worst in BE for awhile means you are the doormat. Bigger picture...we will be fine.

44cuse

44cuse
If you think that the only option is to be a bottom dweller in the ACC, hardly a strong football conference from the mid-level to the bottom, then seriously, you are a defeatist.

Did you read the post? Apparently not. Where did I say we are going to a bottom dweller in the ACC? I am saying we have been a bottom dweller in the BE. On top of that, we spent a couple seasons at the bottom of the NCAA.

Not defeatist. Realist.

44cuse

Will you ever make it out of your parents basement?

what a deuchey response to a question, first of all... Dont be an ass my friend cause i bet you wouldnt say that to my face.

secondly, we haven't won a Big East title in years, 2003? And havent really been in serious competition for a title since then. In fact, we went through a few years where we were arguably one of the worst teams to watch in college football. The past is the past, i understand, and we have no doubt taken major steps forward. I love Marrone and what hes gonnna do with this program, however the move to the ACC, in my opinion, might stunt our growth. We are moving to a more difficult conference with much better athletes. As much as i dont want to see it happen, its quite possible that we become the bottom feeders in the ACC for quite a while and lose the momentum that Marrone has built over his past 3 seasons.

year after year in the ACC??? Will the move essentially set us back and put us in a conference where will we have no hope of winning a title or reaching anything above mediocrity?

You wouldn't be a Red Sox fan would you?:blah:

Red Sox fans.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom