Are we out of gas? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we out of gas?

We had close games against inferior opponents before but in most of those games, we jumped out to a lead and then relaxed and let them back in it. Now we're scratching and clawing just to stay even. Did we have a bigger lead than 2 pts vs. NCSU?

I don't know what our biggest lead was last night, but we did have a commanding 3-pt lead yesterday after Cooney hit a trey to open the game.

I have a slightly hard time believing that Clemson, ND, and NCST all gave us their best shot. We win but we are ugly doing it most nights.

I think this is a classic SU team that is good enough to go where ever they want to. Sometimes kids need a dose of in your face motivation, bulletin board headlines or emotional 'win one for the gipper' speeches if you will. I don't think JB has ever been big on that form of motivation. This time of the year kids are sore and often have season long injuries constantly nagging at them, it's easy not to be 100% motivated. When you have a coach who expects you to come prepared to play like a professional then things like our current level of play become reasonable to understand. IMO, our February swoon's are part of that style of coaching. The good news is that we are winning when we could easily be losing.

Maybe we did get State's best shot, but if so, it wasn't much of a shot.

Unforced turnovers, no offense from the 1 and the 5, and extremely loose defense - that's a performance that will usually get an opponent crushed by a top-ten team.

Roberson needs to see more time in the BC game. 12-15 minutes. CJ looks fatigued to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom