Are we ranked this week? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we ranked this week?

We were fortunate to pull out the W. Good for a few more votes, but thats it. High 30's, low 40's seems a fair rank until we show a little more.

High 20s.

I think UVA being high profile and on TV will be enough to get us in if we win and look good doing so.

no because too many 2-1 type teams have better wins and the 2-1s who were ranked just wont fall out even without winning or playing anyone either.

Agreed, can't win ugly again.

I'm not sure that was all that ugly apart from some bad GS throws and Sean being off. Even in the first half things like his fumble were what kept us off the scoreboard we should have also had the 41 yard field goal and 2 points from the blocked kick. Our backup RB couldn't make a basic throw for a TD. I want to see Price I'm still angry he blew that.

Our D was good they somehow made all their big plays into very tight coverage. The had to earn everything on offense apart from the 2 scores we handed them after going up 10 late in the 4th.

Agreed, can't win ugly again.
I don’t think the guys that vote will see that game as ugly. They’ll watch the highlights and see us connect on some good plays for scores, and win a thriller.

The vibe on GameDay was “hmmm, is Syracuse for real?”. And seeing us beat a decent B1G team will reinforce that we are.

We get no benefit of the doubt. We don't have any goodwill built up among voters. We were mostly outplayed by Purdue and won ugly.
Same can be said of penn state, and for some reason ap thought it was good enough for top 25. You're likely correct though.

Looks like the basketball powers wanna show they can play some football before we break into 2 mega conferences. That's a list mostly of schools that will be on the bubble if they break into 2 20 team conferences

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom