Are we targeting the wrong areas. Wrong kids because. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are we targeting the wrong areas. Wrong kids because.

There’s a difference between offers. Copeland was not a priority. He was given a conditional offer and visited earth because he wanted SU. We can debate about Bunch but if Lands stays committed, he isn’t coming here. That’s not a priority offer. Taylor is the only guy who had a committable offer in June.
The avg player rating by 247 sports is third worst in the ACC, and a half point away from being the worst. Nobody can sell that these are the guys we pegged from day one, you are spot on!

Im not sure how the staff targets kids but watching the tournament its obvious that there are so many talented kids playing at mid major schools that ive not heard of before. It just seems that we aren't casting a big enough net. We should be all over our old stomping grounds. Philly DC Baltimore NYC NJ as those kids seem to be on every team in this tournament.
I said this very thing the other day. When I was young, if you got the best players out of the Northeast metroplex you had the best team. Sure there was the occasional Zeke from Cabin Creek but that was the one off. Now they know how to play the game everywhere. It's getting that way in lacrosse, too.

Jim doesn’t travel. I bet he hasn't been in a recruits house other than Joes in years.
I said the other day that I've been a steadfast JB supporter forever. It's time for JB to work on his golf fulltime. If he wants another NC before he goes he better change his attitude and start working harder.

There’s a difference between offers. Copeland was not a priority. He was given a conditional offer and visited earth because he wanted SU. We can debate about Bunch but if Lands stays committed, he isn’t coming here. That’s not a priority offer. Taylor is the only guy who had a committable offer in June.

The old committable offer trick. 3 guys had offers almost a year or more prior to June. And your initial response to me talked about visits. You were proven wrong there now you pivot to the mysterious offer argument.

I read it . Im sure other people here have too. It was within the last year or two. I forgot the exact names of the recruits.

I must have missed that article.

The old committable offer trick. 3 guys had offers almost a year or more prior to June. And your initial response to me talked about visits. You were proven wrong there now you pivot to the mysterious offer argument.
You know the guys that committed other than Taylor weren’t priority. Yet you keep banging the drum with semantics.

If a guy is offered, it doesn’t mean he can commit immediately. You know this, yet you play the game to give the head coach a pass - for the millionth time.

Our recruiting has been terrible. And you’re saying these guys were priority guys - not one in the top 90? If that’s the case, the whole staff needs to be replaced immediately. Even if it’s not, what they’re doing is not even close to good enough.

If you thought lack of recruiting in home was scary, you should have seen JBs reluctance to learn how to text recruits. Wanted no part of it until a couple of years ago. He’s gonna do things his way that’s for sure
I remember when his family gave him an I phone for Christmas and he made them take it back

I remember when his family gave him an I phone for Christmas and he made them take it back
He's an Android man, through and through. :D

You know the guys that committed other than Taylor weren’t priority. Yet you keep banging the drum with semantics.

If a guy is offered, it doesn’t mean he can commit immediately. You know this, yet you play the game to give the head coach a pass - for the millionth time.

Our recruiting has been terrible. And you’re saying these guys were priority guys - not one in the top 90? If that’s the case, the whole staff needs to be replaced immediately. Even if it’s not, what they’re doing is not even close to good enough.
I agree w you but to be fair Taylor and bunch we're rated higher during their recruitment and dropped after their commitment

Last edited:
I agree w you but to be fair Taylor and bunch we're righted higher during their recruitment and dropped after their committment
They’re the two best, but they’re two steps below the level that our top two recruits in a five-member class should be.

You keep talking in circles. Your timelines don’t match either. You didn’t even know when players visited. And when we offered some of these guys they were rated higher. And facts don’t give anyone a pass.

They’re the two best, but they’re two steps below the level that our top two recruits in a five-member class should be.

Now it’s should be. Another pivot.

I don’t understand how Bees can continue to defend the poor recruiting results.
Targeting whom early from this list?

Justin Taylor - 108 overall (247), ESPN Grade 82
Chris Bunch - 96 overall (247), ESPN Grade 82
Peter Carey - 264 overall (247), ESPN Grade 79
Maliq Brown - 235 overall (247), ESPN Grade 79
Quadir Copeland - 143 overall (247), ESPN Grade 82

Taylor is the only one that visited early (June 9), and was the only one that was given a committable offer right away.

Those others were not prioritized. They were offered as plan B for Lands (who committed then decommitted), Clingan, Filipowski, and pick your guard (Westry, Dior, Cruz, Gayle, Starling). But those offers when made weren't committable. You know that.

The priorities were and should have been:

Filipowski, Clingan, Lands, Westry, Dior, Cruz, Gayle, Starling, in no particular order, with Taylor being the 5th guy in a class. Not being the crown jewel.

We did miss out on most of our top targets. And we then went to plan B (or C with a couple) with the rest. Your take is not accurate.

Dash said he saw a high recruit score 2 points. What did the rating services see that dash didn’t. Or is the rating system fixed politically and monetarily?
He has a nice looking stroke. And he can block shots from the weak side. The talent is there but I don't think we will see it next year.

You keep talking in circles. Your timelines don’t match either. You didn’t even know when players visited. And when we offered some of these guys they were rated higher. And facts don’t give anyone a pass.
Who cares? You’re still wrong about us getting top priority recruits no matter what little nitpicks you want to bring up about my posts.

Now it’s should be. Another pivot.
Pivot? You’re really grasping at straws man. This class is the third worst in the league based on per-player rankings and I’m grasping for straws?

I don’t understand how Bees can continue to defend the poor recruiting results.

Where did I defend anything? (Although I like the class). How good or bad the class is isn’t what my post was. Of course people will now make it what they want like they do to many posts every day.