Army Attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Army Attendance

The game will be a couple weeks later than the last baseball game. it wont be frozen or as snowy as a dec ish game most likely..

A lot have switched to “Duke” or “UNC” once cuse bball was down
I lived in Greensboro area as a kid, so it’s extra infuriating to me. These idiots have never left Onondaga County. I’ve sat my butt in the Greensboro Colosseum and the Smith Center at an extremely impressionable age and I didn’t flip. These grownup goofball losers watch 7 Tar Heel games a season, buy a hat and think they’re in, because the local team is having a bad season.

No integrity.

Hopefully Shrader can stay healthy too. Last regular season game at Yankee Stadium had Eric Dungey get knocked out of the games after a few snaps.
I believe he just had back spasms. I still remember him jogging back to the huddle and then falling to the ground like he was hit by an invisible poison dart.

I believe he just had back spasms. I still remember him jogging back to the huddle and then falling to the ground like he was hit by an invisible poison dart.
Taj dropped a big pass, the OL completely cracked, and Tommy spazzed under the heat.

A LONG day during an otherwise incredible season, and bit of preview of 2019, really. Lol.

Some averages from the above.

Total Avg: 36,405 Median: 35,405
FCS Avg: 33,217 Median: 31,901
G5 Avg: 33,223 Median: 32,637
OOC P5 Avg: 40,181 Median: 40,511
ACC Avg: 37,562 Median: 37,258

Teams we have played more than once:

Clemson (5 games)
Avg: 43,018
Median: 42,475

NC State (4)
Avg: 41,526
Median: 40,778

FSU (4)
Avg: 39,576
Median: 40,376

Louisville (4)
Avg: 37,415
Median: 37,340

WMU (2)
Avg/Median: 36,669

Wake (5)
Avg: 35,206
Median: 38,539

BC (5)
Avg: 34,561
Median: 32,022

Pitt (5)
Avg: 34,253
Median: 33,290

Wagner (3)
Avg: 32,022
Median: 33,299

Colgate (2)
Avg/Median: 31,901

CMU (2)
Avg/Median: 30,477
Wow. We average nearly as much against Wagner as we do against "rivals" Pitt and BC. Unexpected.

Last edited:
Wow. We average more against Wagner than against "rivals" Pitt and BC. Unexpected.
Against Wagner you're assured entertaining plays and people expect a win. Tickets are cheaper too

If they could swing it it would ideally be home games:
September - second and fourth week
October - first, second, and fourth week
November - last two weeks

Games 2,4,5,6,8,11,12 would be at home

If they could swing it it would ideally be home games:
September - second and fourth week
October - first, second, and fourth week
November - last two weeks

Games 2,4,5,6,8,11,12 would be at home

Pass.

Having 5 out of 7 weeks IMO is awful. Not a fan of any back to back weeks. And I think it hurts attendance. Makes too many people pick one or the other.

If we have only 6 then I would say pick the even weeks. If we have 7 then you need at least one back to back. The first weekend and TG weekend would be road games either way. And if we do play the first weekend I prefer Friday night, leaving the holiday weekend free.

This year I would have picked...

September 1st Pitt
September 9th Colgate
September 16th at Purdue
September 23rd WMU
September 30th at UNC
October 7th Army
October 14th at FSU
October 21st Bye
October 28th Clemson
November 3rd BC
November 9th at VA Tech
November 18th Wake
November 25th at GA Tech

But that could never happen given that the Yankees would not want our game any earlier than October 28th. Then again NYCFC plays so why can't we?

bandwagoneers, makes perfect sense

I used to have a work friend back when I was living in CNY who rooted for:
  • FSU for college football
  • Atlanta Braves in MLB
  • Dallas Cowboys in NFL
  • Chicago Bulls in NBA
  • ... and Syracuse for college hoops
This was in the mid-to-late 90s. All of those other teams were at their peak, winning championships [more or less]. I used to give him a lot of grief over his "life long fandom" of all of the teams that were on top at that particular timeframe.

It also drives me nuts how the enormous Irish population in Syracuse [and I'm part Irish] who actively root for Notre Dame -- even over Syracuse. Makes no sense to me whatsoever, and makes me loathe ND even more.

• Atlanta Braves in MLB
  • Dallas Cowboys in NFL
  • Chicago Bulls in NBA
This was in the mid-to-late 90s. All of those other teams were at their peak, winning championships [more or less]. I used to give him a lot of grief over his "life long fandom" of all of the teams that were on top at that particular timeframe.

It also drives me nuts how the enormous Irish population in Syracuse [and I'm part Irish] who actively root for Notre Dame -- even over Syracuse. Makes no sense to me whatsoever, and makes me loathe ND even more.
Agreed. I think people in all of upstate New York have a fandom problem. I’m constantly having people ask me why I am a Cuse fan and if I “went there”. The latest offender was a New York raised Cowboys fan.

Really dude?

• Atlanta Braves in MLB
  • Dallas Cowboys in NFL
  • Chicago Bulls in NBA

We must know the same idio ... I mean people.

Packers was another mid 90s one for NFL.

I liked the Bills and Eagles when I was younger, because the Bills were good and the Eagles had Randall Cunningham, who I liked. Then they drafted McNabb and that cemented my fandom for them.

Everyone was a Bulls fan, I'm guilty of that. I don't really care or follow NBA with any sort of passion. I'll watch some playoffs and don't care who wins, as long as it isn't the Lakers.

I am a Blue Jays fan - helps they were great when I was growing up and played baseball. Plus my father is Canadian so that was an easy one for me.

I was always a big Cuse hoops and Football fan. That's never wavered.

Agreed. I think people in all of upstate New York have a fandom problem. I’m constantly having people ask me why I am a Cuse fan and if I “went there”. The latest offender was a New York raised Cowboys fan.

Really dude?
The CNY Sports fan starter kit

Cowboys / Packers / Steelers / Patriots
Yankees / Mets / What's baseball?
Notre Dame / Alabama (2010s) / Georgia
Duke / UNC / UConn
Bulls / Lakers
Blackhawks / Kings / Avs / Islanders / Rangers

The CNY Sports fan starter kit

Cowboys / Packers / Steelers / Patriots
Yankees / Mets / What's baseball?
Notre Dame / Alabama (2010s) / Georgia
Duke / UNC / UConn
Bulls / Lakers
Blackhawks / Kings / Avs / Islanders / Rangers

Oh stop. SU hoops draw more in one game than most schools draw in 3.

Really dude?
Remind that Cowboys fan that his cowgirls have 4 wins in the playoffs the last 20 years

I dont blame Central New Yorkers, I blame the University and AD for allowing the football program to decay as it did for 20 years. Thats enough to shred any fanbase except Nebraska.

You cant expect to have losing season after losing season and get natural great crowds. These people spend the rest of their weeks being Bills, Jets, Sabres and Mets fans too. Plenty of heartbreak as is

Oh stop. SU hoops draw more in one game than most schools draw in 3.
Because they have been good

Still doesn't make what I posted not true.

There's a stupid amount of non SU fans in CNY, that for whatever reason do not like the school, or Boeheim, or whatever, so they gravitate to Duke, UNC, UConn.

They actively root against the program

Because they have been good

Still doesn't make what I posted not true.

There's a stupid amount of non SU fans in CNY, that for whatever reason do not like the school, or Boeheim, or whatever, so they gravitate to Duke, UNC, UConn.

They actively root against the program
There may be a stupid amount but they are still the small minority.

FWIW if this game is a 3:30 game I think we see a crowd of 40k plus

If the Clemson game was 3:30 or 7pm it would absolutely be sold out
I can vouch. I usually head up friday night for Saturday nooners. I can't leave the next two fridays because of work and leaving at 4am Sat. wouldn't jive for the group.

They would have +4 for Army and +3 for Clemson if they weren't nooners.

It’s a marketing gimmick to create urgency. The ticketmaster app is blue as hell.
There are 2 ways you can determine if tickets are selling. Scan the maps for dots and look at the cheapest seat on Stubhub . Army tickets have been moving at a steady pace this week. The lowest price for Colgate/WMU was 5$ . For Army it’s 14$ . That hints a slow but steady pace. I’m guessing 35 to 38 tickets sold. I think students alone could have pushed that to near 40 if it was 7:30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom