Army Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Army Attendance

I know it’s a nooner, but jeez….we sold out for NC State last year. 6-0 vs. 4-0, but still…..it’s 4-0 for Clemson - a program with way more name value than NC State.

I think it's a couple of things.

The NC State was into October, the first month of September is notorious for people doing outside stuff be it weddings, kids activities, wine tours, apples etc. Not saying it's a massive reason for lower attendance but unless its a hyped season like 2019 SU is going to usually struggle in Sept with the casual or fence sitting fan.

The other issue is that for the ones who don't normally attend games this scenario already played itself out last year for NC State when SU was as you noted 5-0 and it was a later game I think 3:30 as someone noted. An early season matchup with a 2-2 Clemson team despite the name recognition with an early kick isn't going to move the needle as much as it really should. If Clemson wins Sat I think that will help but I don't expect anything close to the NC state game level turnout.

Last edited:
I think it's a couple of things.

The NC State was into October, the first motnh of September is notorious for people doing outside stuff be it weddings, kids activities, wine tours, apples etc. Not saying it's a massive reason for lower attendance but unless its a hyped season like 2019 SU is going to usually struggle in Sept with the casual or fence sitting fan

The other issue is that for the ones who don't normally attend games this scnearior already played itself out last year for NC State when SU was as you noted 5-0 and it was a later game I think 3:30 as someone noted. An early season matchup with a 2-2 Clemson team despite the name recognition with an early kick isn't going to move the needle as much as it really should. If Clemson wins Sat I think that will help but I don't expect anything close to the NC state game level turnout.
I have an irrational hatred for apple picking.

It’s so BORING. Spent about 10 minutes doing it near Cooperstown once, before calling an audible and going to Ommegang.

I’d like to think there’s little overlap between Apple pickers and Cuse football game attendees, but I’m probably wrong.

It’s so BORING. Spent about 10 minutes doing it near Cooperstown once, before calling an audible and going to Ommegang.

I’d like to think there’s little overlap between Apple pickers and Cuse football game attendees, but I’m probably wrong.

LOL, I know some people absolutely destitate it and I can understand. My wife is a big fan so I just take her on Sunday morning and usually a weekend where the Bills aren't playing at 1pm so I won't miss any action. It also helps if its an Orchard that's dog friendly and has more then just apple picking going on. There's a couple of Orchards locally that fit the bill and it's actually a decent time.

no picking this yr around here.. almost all the orchards have no apples

maybe marketing should be pumping this all over town.

1695247069675.png

Likely marketing more than anything. I’ve gotten similar messages for games and events, they just want people to feel pressure to secure their tickets.
They do have a standard to the rate of sales … I’m pretty sure. It’s misleading though , trying to imply their won’t be decent seats soon .

6 home games in the Dome. The other “home” game is in the Bronx.
6 home games in the Dome. The other “home” game is in the Bronx.
Moving that game to the Bronx is one of the dumbest things this athletic department has ever done. Willingly giving up a home game in the dome to go play in a baseball stadium on a field that’s more like an ice rink, against a team that we’ve only beaten twice since 2005…

Moving that game to the Bronx is one of the dumbest things this athletic department has ever done. Willingly giving up a home game in the dome to go play in a baseball stadium on a field that’s more like an ice rink, against a team that we’ve only beaten twice since 2005…
AND it’s a league opponent that we play no matter what!

Not like ND or something, that we had to “convince” to play us and give up something to make it happen.

Yup, just a very negative move for Syracuse.
We better win it. And hopefully whatever money comes from it goes to something very necessary.

Just feels like coming off our brutal October schedule and heading into the stretch run , that’s going to be a big game and we obviously need every advantage we can get to beat Pitt.

We better win it. And hopefully whatever money comes from it goes to something very necessary.

Just feels like coming off our brutal October schedule and heading into the stretch run , that’s going to be a big game and we obviously need every advantage we can get to beat Pitt.
Hopefully Shrader can stay healthy too. Last regular season game at Yankee Stadium had Eric Dungey get knocked out of the games after a few snaps.

And considering how poorly we’ve performed under Dino in the month of November, it feels like the last thing you’d want to do is willingly take yourself outside of the dome. This team has more depth than years past so hopefully we’re not nearly as run down as we have been when that month rolls around, but just doesn’t make sense giving up a straight home game in November when you don’t have to.

And considering how poorly we’ve performed under Dino in the month of November, it feels like the last thing you’d want to do is willingly take yourself outside of the dome. This team has more depth than years past so hopefully we’re not nearly as run down as we have been when that month rolls around, but just doesn’t make sense giving up a straight home game in November when you don’t have to.
Especially against a team that’s usually bigger and more physical and deeper than us.

Feels like that’s a team we’d want on our home turf in the Dome and hope we can out speed them and get some weird home field stuff helping us, and not on an outdoor grass field that’s likely to be messy, where the bigger team can smack you in the trenches.

* Don’t even know if Pitt is that type of team this year, but that’s generally where they’ve seemed to beat us in the recent past from what I remember.

It’s awful especially since the poor field will play into Pitts hands. We knew they’d be a very similar matchup wise to Minnnesota who benefited from the awful field. Huge middle finger to the local fans. Worry about our players being furious about it that weekend since they were just there hopefully it’s the opposite and they feel like going to NYC but I doubt it we’re playing down there anyways next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom