Army Gameday... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Army Gameday...

I’m a lacrosse noob so apologies in advance
Did I see someone Gait set up this schedule, if so do lacrosse coaches have that much power?

Final stats:

1646264830823.png

Welp, maybe the women’s team can make a run. Amazing, no bowl game, no March madness, and now probably no May madness

I’m a lacrosse noob so apologies in advance
Did I see someone Gait set up this schedule, if so do lacrosse coaches have that much power?

Yes and Yes

Welp, maybe the women’s team can make a run. Amazing, no bowl game, no March madness, and now no May madness

May madness was always going to be a long shot with this team the minute Hiltz went down it was over. The absurd schedule isn't helping things but we have more issues beyond that.

need to have other guys step up, 10 kids on army scored only 7 for cuse (1 by dfense right?)...kind of anemic offense as it has been for years

That stretch of turnovers in the fourth was just about as bad as it gets. Could have easily won this game if everyone at every position wasn’t a total space cadet. What a total embarrassment. I’m officially thinking big picture now folks. The present is too unbearable. I say keep playing young guys if these grad students are going to keep getting humiliated like this.

Just going to keep reminding myself it's a rebuilding year but man is it painful to watch at times. I'm glad this team has heart and grit as gets pointed out constantly but the bottom line os that just isn't enough right now. Shout out to Phaup again he certainly has heart/grit for the abuse he takes and still keeps plugging. Also props to Thompson for coming in cold and doing pretty well although I still think it's debatable if Gavin should have been pulled. The se next couple of classes coming in have a lot of pressure on them to step in right away and be good I hope they have it in them.

This might sound mean, but I mean it wholeheartedly-- this roster needs a serious, and I mean serious overhaul. I can count on maybe one hand the number of players I want to see back next season. I mean, I don't even care if we have the #1 recruiting class coming in next season. We better be taking talented players at every position come season end. With injuries that are prone to happen, we better have someone on the bench thats just as talented and going to be able to step up and fill that persons role just as well. This is Gait's mistake this year only taking a few players from the transfer portal. We need more than just a few. SMH. This is ridiculous and I refuse to watch this $#!% anymore!!!!
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

Just going to keep reminding myself it's a rebuilding year but man is it painful to watch at times. I'm glad this team has heart and grit as gets pointed out constantly but the bottom line os that just isn't enough right now. Shout out to Phaup again he certainly has heart/grit for the abuse he takes and still keeps plugging. Also props to Thompson for coming in cold and doing pretty well although I still think it's debatable if Gavin should have been pulled. The se next couple of classes coming in have a lot of pressure on them to step in right away and be good I hope they have it in them.

Scrappy team but just not talented enough. Also as pointed out the fundamentals on this team are absolutely atrocious. At some piont you have to make a statemetn and pull some of these guys who keep turning it over or making the same dumb mistakes. I am officially also concerned about March as an OC, his response to the zone defense was utterly abysmal and the substitution patterns and personnel decisions continue to be baffling.

Seebold 4 turnovers ( simply can't be allowed) and another 2 for Cook. Shows the lack of punch on offense when Cook is still staring and seeing a ton of minutes and has I believe more turnovers then goals this year.

Also while I like Berkman to have zero impact in this game beyond 1 turnover is insane. Why we didn't see Ferris or Birtwistle (unless he's hurt again) makes no sense.

Scrappy team but just not talented enough. Also as pointed out the fundamentals on this team are absolutely atrocious. At some piont you have to make a statemetn and pull some of these guys who keep turning it over or making the same dumb mistakes. I am officially also concerned about March as an OC, his response to the zone defense was utterly abysmal and the substitution patterns and personnel decisions continue to be baffling.
You nailed it. The lack of adjustment to Army's zone D was critical - had Cuse kept scoring, they might have won. BUT, the mental errors and the poor clearing were killers throughout the game. I don't think you can put much on the goalies other than Gavin's awful flip pass to Nichtern when Gavin was out of the net giving Nichtern an empty netter. Just a sad continuation of last year when the offense sputters, D gets tired and sloppy, poor clears and the goalies are hung out to dry.

It's such a shame when the effort was there in spades. The talent level - mental and physical - is not consistently at a top 10 level and the coaching seems lacking at this point. I hope to be proven wrong but I think keeping March was a mistake.

Oh I forgot to throw in my trivial complaint, the helmets. Please throw those in the trash so that they can not make another appearance this season!

Next year will also be a rebuilding year. Some incoming talent but the team will be young and inexperienced.

Just got home...

1. I don't know who that fat referee #77 is, but I would prefer if we not get him again.

2. I would prefer if we played better offense and defense.

3. Did Gavin already wear out his welcome?

You nailed it. The lack of adjustment to Army's zone D was critical - had Cuse kept scoring, they might have won. BUT, the mental errors and the poor clearing were killers throughout the game. I don't think you can put much on the goalies other than Gavin's awful flip pass to Nichtern when Gavin was out of the net giving Nichtern an empty netter. Just a sad continuation of last year when the offense sputters, D gets tired and sloppy, poor clears and the goalies are hung out to dry.

It's such a shame when the effort was there in spades. The talent level - mental and physical - is not consistently at a top 10 level and the coaching seems lacking at this point. I hope to be proven wrong but I think keeping March was a mistake.
I’m thinking hiring Gait may have been a mistake.

Just got home...

1. I don't know who that fat referee #77 is, but I would prefer if we not get him again.

2. I would prefer if we played better offense and defense.

3. Did Gavin already wear out his welcome?
Gavin was a bit sloppy but I think Gait probably want to make a goalie change just to shake things up. Thompson was steady but I think the goalie job is still up for grabs.

Agreed on all points.

It's great to not quit and keep trying to grind it out, but if it's going to be a rebuilding year, then rebuild and play for the future and play the young kids to give them game experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom