Article on Girard in hometown paper | Syracusefan.com

Article on Girard in hometown paper

85SUAlum

2nd String
Nice article on Joe Girard in his Glens Falls hometown paper the Post-Star.

Joseph Girard III takes on new/old roles in senior season at Syracuse

Love him or hate him (or indifferent), it's nice to see a kid that sticks out his whole career at the same school without leaving early or going into the transfer portal.
Seems to be a rarity at the D1 level lately.
Living near Glens Falls, I've been rooting for him for day one.
Often wonder what his career at Cuse might have been had he not been forced into the PG role and could have been the 2 guard full time like he is this year.

Love him or hate him (or indifferent), it's nice to see a kid that sticks out his whole career at the same school without leaving early or going into the transfer portal.
Often wonder what his career at Cuse might have been had he not been forced into the PG role and could have been the 2 guard full time like he is this year.
So hard to believe he's a senior as we've been following him since 8th grade. Time flies.

Good post. I don't think anyone "hates" him. Lots of people get frustrated that he had to play point guard and others are critical of his ball handling and/or defense. I love the kid. It's definitely special to have someone like him stay so close to home and be so dedicated.

Good post. I don't think anyone "hates" him. Lots of people get frustrated that he had to play point guard and others are critical of his ball handling and/or defense. I love the kid. It's definitely special to have someone like him stay so close to home and be so dedicated.

A lot of people get frustrated because of the career he had in high school. Think they may have expected more.

I may be one of those people…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom