Article on Pistol Offense | Syracusefan.com

Article on Pistol Offense

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
It looks to me as though this is going to be a big part of the new offense. Major change in direction from what we have been doing. It will be very interesting to see what we do against Penn State on August 31st.

Link

As long as w also bring back the bunny hop drop.
Good article.

Good article.

Depends on personnel -- Hunt might be able to run this, but the others won't (can't say about Allen).
Our DC will need to get ready to see this from opponents.

It's always an advantage when your offense is a well-kept secret entering the first game of the season. On national TV vs. a regional powerhouse/rival would be the dream scenario to unveil it, too.

It looks to me as though this is going to be a big part of the new offense. Major change in direction from what we have been doing. It will be very interesting to see what we do against Penn State on August 31st.

Link
i think the pistol formation is greatly overrated

what makes the pistol successful is all the other things not related to the type of shotgun

mobile qbs, fast pace, spread the field.

most pistol offenses get all the little other stuff right and people see a strange shotgun jump off their screen and think "THAT'S IT"

what makes the pistol successful is all the other things not related to the type of shotgun

most pistol offenses get all the little other stuff right and people see a strange shotgun jump off their screen and think "THAT'S IT"
There's a lot to that.

Agree on this and I think it is pretty clear this staff is going to go all in on it. Unlike what we did in say, the GRob era.

The grob era pistol fired only blanks. Two back sets had seemed to be a thing of the past. I personally am ecstatic because I like the versatility and misdirection the two back system allows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom