Ash or Taggart... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ash or Taggart...

I'm not sure that there is anybody who expects Rutgers to win.

Taggart is in a world of sh$$t.

It's $21M is sunk cash, before buying out assistants, if they canned Taggert this year. Not going to happen.

It just seems like there is no limit to Florida booster money.

Getting rid of Taggert isn't going to get them a new offensive line, though.

FSU has NIU at home next week. Then Louisville away.
Maybe they can win both.
After that, their schedule looks pretty ugly.
Their left tackle, ooof

FSU? Kelly was their right tackle that looked like Erick Flowers
I couldn't watch today, just caught bits and pieces on phone ESPN. Which is so ordinary now but would've seemed like sci find twenty years ago

There was one play where he was such a stiff

The buyout for Taggart is ridiculous. He's not getting fired for at least 2 more years regardless.

I’m not sure WT will make it to see year two at this point, FSU nation is going crazy.

Actually we knew Ash was terrible. Co defensive coordinator at OSU? Dear lord. That was screaming for failure. Those guys can’t win without 4-5* players and a legendary coach as their security blanket.

“Knew” based on what information?

Would you trust the collective wisdom on here to select SU’s next coach?

I think I might want to leave it to some professionals with a disciplined process as opposed to random beer slurpers on an internet board. Talk about “delusions of grandeur”.

I think I might want to leave it to some professionals with a disciplined process as opposed to random beer slurpers on an internet board. Talk about “delusions of grandeur”.

Townie we fired a former defensive coordinator turned HC and we’re going to turn around and hire...another defensive coordinator who wasn’t as good.

I mean while I wouldn’t trust a bunch of message board posters to pick a new coach those professionals whiff on coaching hires all the time.

Townie we fired a former defensive coordinator turned HC and we’re going to turn around and hire...another defensive coordinator who wasn’t as good.

I mean while I wouldn’t trust a bunch of message board posters to pick a new coach those professionals whiff on coaching hires all the time.

Thanks for agreeing with me, because what you wrote is an extension of my point. If professionals can't predict with any certainty who is and who isn't going to be successful, than who would imagine that some group of random fans could.

The fact that one defensive coordinator was unsuccessful doesn't mean all defensive coordinators are going to be unsuccessful. But fans, who have very superficial views of the whole process, might arrive at that conclusion.

Ash's lack of success might be caused in large part by a lot of factors out of his control. Only Schiano has had any success there and I have always felt that his success was based on lies. He left there, in part, because his lies about where the program was going were starting to become obvious.

"Knew?"

Nobody "knew" anything. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I mean, it's the same board that thought Frank Howard should never play for SU again and transfer, but we got this one right!

I seem to remember Meyer advising Ash to go with Rutgers due to their higher upside. Always looking out for his assistants' best interests.

Meyer knew Ash would take Rutgers lower and lower, thus increasing the upside.

Seriously, how can a team have more "upside" when their highest high is having the ESB lit up in red? Especially compared to a team that has won it all, has several HOF, top 20 all time wins, has beat top name teams, the list goes on, and on, and on.

Thanks for agreeing with me, because what you wrote is an extension of my point. If professionals can't predict with any certainty who is and who isn't going to be successful, than who would imagine that some group of random fans could.

The fact that one defensive coordinator was unsuccessful doesn't mean all defensive coordinators are going to be unsuccessful. But fans, who have very superficial views of the whole process, might arrive at that conclusion.

Ash's lack of success might be caused in large part by a lot of factors out of his control. Only Schiano has had any success there and I have always felt that his success was based on lies. He left there, in part, because his lies about where the program was going were starting to become obvious.

I missed you Townie.

Townie is right. Based on your criteria, Marrone was riding the coattails of Payton in New Orleans. Why hire that bum. Industry guys know more than us. They miss but they know what peers say about other guys.

Ash may be a great HC and Rutgers is a bigger uphill battle.

Lol. It was such a monumental mistake even us random beer slurpers could figure it out. I think it’s much easier than you posit. Especially at the P5 level.

Townie is right. Based on your criteria, Marrone was riding the coattails of Payton in New Orleans. Why hire that bum. Industry guys know more than us. They miss but they know what peers say about other guys.

Ash may be a great HC and Rutgers is a bigger uphill battle.

The thoughts on Marrone here when he was hired were pretty good.

The reason Ash got panned were pretty simple:

- DC
- no HC experience
- we’d not hired a guy with HC experience since Mac and the track record was pretty mixed
- haven’t tried a guy with an O background, excluding Marrone, in our modern history

Sometimes, the answer is so glaringly obvious, everyone can see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom