Assuming Pitt wins their first game, can Pitt beat Florida? | Syracusefan.com

Assuming Pitt wins their first game, can Pitt beat Florida?

Yes - Zanna can neutralize Young, and they have the athletes to play with Florida. Florida really played a pretty weak schedule, IMO, esp in conference. I give 'em credit for beating UK three times in a row. Maybe.

As Corduroy said, I can see that being a one-possession game very late. Probably better than a 50% chance of it becoming that.

Pitt would make that game frisky, but they can't score outside of Patterson in the half court. They would keep the game close because Zanna is physical enough to handle Young, but I wouldn't expect Pitt to beat them. Pitt would make a mistake and then Jamie Dixon would have that scowl and give the brush by handshake after losing 58-56.

Would it be their first win over a high seeded team under Dixon? I wouldn't hold my breath but anything is possible in this years tourney.

Would it be their first win over a high seeded team under Dixon? I wouldn't hold my breath but anything is possible in this years tourney.
Dixon led Pitt has never won an NCAA Tournament game wearing the road jerseys. They have never beaten a higher seeded team in 10 years.

Depends on if the referees allow Pitt to be physical. The problem is the guards for Florida will be able to deal with the physicality of Pitt's guards. The key will be Mike Young and Zanna taking out Patrick Young and Finney-Smith.

It wouldnt' surprise me. Pitt's going to crush Colorado and are playing as well as they have coming into the Tourney.

Dixon led Pitt has never won an NCAA Tournament game wearing the road jerseys. They have never beaten a higher seeded team in 10 years.

Let's be fair. It's not like pitt has had that many opportunities against higher seeded teams.

That is what happens when you always get upset in the first weekend

Does pitt not realize this is the ncaa tournament?

Let's be fair. It's not like pitt has had that many opportunities against higher seeded teams.

That is what happens when you always get upset in the first weekend
#8 seed Pacific 2006, #2 seed Oklahoma State 2004, #2 seed UCLA 2007 all came to my head in my 1 minute. I am sure their are others, but Pitt has never won a game as a lower seed. They will this game though because Colorado sucks without Dinwiddle and Pitt has the 2 best players on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom