ASUN Championship | Syracusefan.com

ASUN Championship

grant

2018-19 Co-Iggy Hoops ACC Season Record
Live on ESPN rn. Liberty vs Lipscomb for a chance to dance. Both of my sisters went to Lipscomb so hoping to see the Bison in the big dance :cool:

Hilarious flop by the Liberty Center. Grade-A sell.

Hope he's not rewarded for it,

Agree- watched it 3 times trying to figure out what caused a reaction like he had been shot.

Correct call imo. Dude flopped like he’d been shot

Might have flopped but still a foul. Much less contact resulted in a crucial late flagrant late in the MVC title game.

AS mentioned in another thread, the NET could give Lipscomb an at large. It would be better if they won... thankfully no fragrant was called on that flop.

These announcer have interpreted every play wrong.

Yeah.

That was a flop by the center, James

He was getting up off the deck and Marberry brushed him on his way by and James threw himself backwards like he got roundhoused by bruce lee, lol!

Marberry's elbow was at his side... He did not extend it. Announcers didn't even mention that important point.

AS mentioned in another thread, the NET could give Lipscomb an at large. It would be better if they won... thankfully no fragrant was called on that flop.

Yeah, someone's bubble just burst.

I defer to you on this stuff, but I realize their NET is decent but they only have the TCU win to hang their hat on from what I can tell.

I defer to you on this stuff, but I realize their NET is decent but they only have the TCU win to hang their hat on from what I can tell.

These small schools have no chance to compete with the P5 in terms of quality wins.

So to compare apples and oranges, you have to find some team ranking system. Before it was RPI -- and nobody trusted it to rank teams.

But I suspect there is more confidence in the NET, so maybe they will base decisions on small schools based largely on that.

I think its much more likely the committee fallback on quality victories as they have in the past, and then Lipscomb is screwed.

But it is a factor that creates some doubt.

As mentioned, Lipscomb’s best win is TCU. Their bubble burst.

Oklahoma had 4 Q1 wins... they also had 14 chances at them.

Lipscomb is now 2-3 in those matches.

Using # of quality wins to compare these teams has always been unfair. That being said the committee always fellback on quality of wins.

But now they have a metric to compare teams (NET) that is much more reliable than RPI. So who knows how they evaluate mid-majors the first time with it.

Oklahoma had 4 Q1 wins... they also had 14 chances at them.

Lipscomb is now 2-3 in those matches.

Using # of quality wins to compare these teams has always been unfair. That being said the committee always fellback on quality of wins.

But now they have a metric to compare teams (NET) that is much more reliable than RPI. So who knows how they evaluate mid-majors the first time with it.

We’ll see, will be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom