Class of 2018 - ATH Atrilleon Williams (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ATH Atrilleon Williams (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Not all freshman become sophomores. Occasionally, they're the best player on the team and lead the team to the promised land.
Also I am good with that too. How many times has that happened though. Am I wrong in remembering Darius didn't play much his freshmen year. I could be wrong not sure.

That's not insignificant but gets overblown. He's gone against elite talent at camps and has the measureables. Mike Hart was undersized, slow, and played, what, class D in section 3. Didn't he lead the big 10 in rushing as a freshman after not starting the first 2 or 3 games. It'll get sorted out in practice and he'll play if he's ready. Isn't he the highest rated DB we've landed in a while? It's premature to give him his redshirt already after the depth issues we had in the secondary last year.
I only say redshirt him because of the extreme diference between H.S. and d-1 football. It is alarming for a kid to see the difference.

Who are the main CB's? Frederick, Bradshaw, and Carl Jones? Seems like Trill can at least be the nickel. Unless I have the secondary stuffed switched around.

Also I am good with that too. How many times has that happened though. Am I wrong in remembering Darius didn't play much his freshmen year. I could be wrong not sure.
I may be wrong, but I think he was referring to Melo and the 2003 hoops team. Basketball freshmen and football freshmen are totally different things and I don’t believe that is lost on anyone. That said, I am excited to see Trill on the field next year.

Who are the main CB's? Frederick, Bradshaw, and Carl Jones? Seems like Trill can at least be the nickel. Unless I have the secondary stuffed switched around.
We have 2 rs and Clark as well.

I don't remember. We also weren't rebuilding from a decade and a half of mostly ineptitude. He probably had more talent in front of him.

True freshman play all of the time, and on good teams. And none of them consistently played against P5 level competition in high school. We're talking about what may be the highest rated recruit in the class. I'm not declaring him the starter, but to say right now, before he's gone through camp, that he can't possibly be ready to contribute is premature. Clemson has a true freshman corner and defensive end in their two deep. If Dino is upgrading the recruiting the way we hope he is, we should expect some freshman to contribute right away.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I think he was referring to Melo and the 2003 hoops team. Basketball freshmen and football freshmen are totally different things and I don’t believe that is lost on anyone. That said, I am excited to see Trill on the field next year.
I was. He referenced a JB statement, so I responded with a basketball reference.

According to Cuse.com, he played in 12 games. Much of that may have been specials, and he only had 18 tackles, but as sufandu suggested, he was part of a very good team his freshman year, not one clawing out from a 15 year hole.
Donovin Darius, Football, 1994-97
However on this page it says he participated in only 9 games.
1994 Syracuse Football Statistics
You can see the talent on the roster in the second link. That said, I knew Donovin. Very nice guy. I know he was strong, but he was strong looking his freshman year. Vascular and cut up. Coaches called him “the specimen”. I don’t know if Trill passes that same look test, but with some kids you can just tell.

Trill will play all 4 years here, may not start the first few games as as freshman but eventually in his Freshman year he will. Then he will never give up his starting spot until he graduates.

That is my prediction.

tenor.gif

I love trill but playing in an ACC secondary as a true frosh would be asking alot. Right behind Oline and Linebacker.

I still hope Trill redshirts so we have him for a 4year starter. I do feel if he played, it would be at the expense of Foster. Was not impressed at all. Great kid they say, but too many weaknesses and not fast energy.

I still hope Trill redshirts so we have him for a 4year starter. I do feel if he played, it would be at the expense of Foster. Was not impressed at all. Great kid they say, but too many weaknesses and not fast energy.
Foster played at S, Trill would start at CB. What if Trill is a 3 year starter and leaves for the NFL? Or grad transfers to a bigger school? Let the best kids play.

Foster played at S, Trill would start at CB. What if Trill is a 3 year starter and leaves for the NFL? Or grad transfers to a bigger school? Let the best kids play.
If trill was gonna start then ok makes sens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom