Class of 2018 - ATH Atrilleon Williams (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ATH Atrilleon Williams (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

That's really not Cordy's game. He doesn't have elite speed or hands. His strength is instincts in run support. Thats aboit it. He is lost in coverage and isnt great on specials.
LOL...thankfully, you're not making personnel decisions.

Plain and simply, Cordy is a play maker. Don't let your bias against the vertically impaired distort his value. He was our best DB going into last season and I think he'll be near the top next season. If ever a kid deserved a break (no pun intended) it's Cordy.

I disagree with Cordy being a good cover safety cause he got beat in first 3 games 2 yrs ago so bad that I thought in the games that it was someone else's mistake. He is an animal in run but when I compared him to Ellison I had said they are identical. Neither could cover at all but gave great run support Cordy being the stockier of the two. Please show me any game where Cordy is covering his man closer that 3 yds away. Terrible in coverage. He should play linebacker honestly.

I hope he becomes a 4 year lock down corner and punt returner although i really want to see Ant get a shot at both kick and PR as its his only chance to make the league.
I was hoping Jawher Jordan would get a shot at returning kicks and punts. I wonder who's faster him or Trill?

I disagree with Cordy being a good cover safety cause he got beat in first 3 games 2 yrs ago so bad that I thought in the games that it was someone else's mistake. He is an animal in run but when I compared him to Ellison I had said they are identical. Neither could cover at all but gave great run support Cordy being the stockier of the two. Please show me any game where Cordy is covering his man closer that 3 yds away. Terrible in coverage. He should play linebacker honestly.
First few games, That whole defense was trying to figure out how to play in the new scheme. So yes, it was everyones mistake. Dont confuse athletic ability with scheme understanding. Thats why there were blown coverages. It wasnt from his ability. Whole defense was a mess. Watch Cordy the two previous years in coverage. Then watch Ellisons coverage. Not close. Not sure what you are seeing but I wish I can have that same vision for all my DB's. I would have less headaches. lol

So back to Trill. After watching his whole senior film. He is definitely our best player coming in. Whether that carries over from HS to college, I dont know but he is a legit 4 star athlete. Im very excited about him. I would start him at CB and Specs. Trill and Ed Hendrix are two summer enroll players that I expect to have an early impact.

First few games, That whole defense was trying to figure out how to play in the new scheme. So yes, it was everyones mistake. Dont confuse athletic ability with scheme understanding. Thats why there were blown coverages. It wasnt from his ability. Whole defense was a mess. Watch Cordy the two previous years in coverage. Then watch Ellisons coverage. Not close. Not sure what you are seeing but I wish I can have that same vision for all my DB's. I would have less headaches. lol
Im not saying
I love cordy and our backups arent good in coverage, run support, or closing angles. Cordy is tbe best buti justdont think he is the prototype we want. Arent we lookingat 6'2 to 6'3 safeties with arms like Willingham that are long. Was never a secondary guy, more dlineand olin, but other receivers should never be wideopen. 2nd year in defense and we should know who has who. Its either taught that way or allowed to happen. Either isnt good.

Im not saying

I love cordy and our backups arent good in coverage, run support, or closing angles. Cordy is tbe best buti justdont think he is the prototype we want. Arent we lookingat 6'2 to 6'3 safeties with arms like Willingham that are long. Was never a secondary guy, more dlineand olin, but other receivers should never be wideopen. 2nd year in defense and we should know who has who. Its either taught that way or allowed to happen. Either isnt good.
not saying Cordy is proto type. Everyone prefer taller DB's for obvious reasons. I was just comparing the two little guys. Despite his stature and injury history, Cordy would have played in the SEC if he was 6'0. I hope he has a great senior year, along with our younger talented DB's coming in.

Im not saying

We are looking at taller safeties for obvious reasons. That said, there are plenty of stud safeties in the pro's and college that are 6', 190#. Playing safety is about instincts and being a good tackler. I love cordy but a safeties ultimate responsibility is deep and play action kills him more times than not. Cordy is a great tackler, he isnt good in coverage.

I wish i was wrong, i love Cordy. Show me some film. Unfortunately, its fact. Our defense has been getting smoked deep for 5-6 years now.
The whole point is Cordy was one of the best we had. It was a bad secondary. We all know that but for a 5’8 170 pound kid. He over performed. It’s just a shame we couldn’t see what improvements he made. He’s now missed 2 full years. Let’s not pretend that good DB’s don’t get beat deep. It’s happens to everyone and it happens often.

not saying Cordy is proto type. Everyone prefer taller DB's for obvious reasons. I was just comparing the two little guys. Despite his stature and injury history, Cordy would have played in the SEC if he was 6'0. I hope he has a great senior year, along with our younger talented DB's coming in.
I agree with that. I want him to prove me wrong. Pleaseeee make look like a dummy. That would mean we are or have gotten better.

I agree with that. I want him to prove me wrong. Pleaseeee make look like a dummy. That would mean we are or have gotten better.
Keep in mind that quote about Cordy and the SEC came directly from Shafer’s mouth. He said it to me quite often

Also keep in mind, if he can’t stay healthy. We won’t ever see his potential. You can’t help the team if you’re always hurt.

Cordy is the fastest player on the team. Speed is absolutely his game.

Love his speed, yes, but he is a tackler, a hitter naturally and will always react to make that big hit. Thats a lbs mentality. What makes ed reed and other safeties great is their ability to play at the LOS and also excel downfield and protect the deep ball.

The whole point is Cordy was one of the best we had. It was a bad secondary. We all know that but for a 5’8 170 pound kid. He over performed. It’s just a shame we couldn’t see what improvements he made. He’s now missed 2 full years. Let’s not pretend that good DB’s don’t get beat deep. It’s happens to everyone and it happens often.

It didn't happen at the same rate when Martin was in there.

Atrilleon Williams. Use this thread to discuss him.

Please start a new thread or use and existing Cordy thread. Thank you.
I'm hoping Williams is the one to take over that safety spot. One year in the defense and then start at safety. Hope he is gonna be as good as I think he can be.

I wish i was wrong, i love Cordy. Show me some film. Unfortunately, its fact. Our defense has been getting smoked deep for 5-6 years now.

He’s played like 2.5 games in this system. You have *no idea* how he fits.

And with the guys we have recruited, if they are better - they will play over him.

So there is no point in killing him for how he played in coverage 3 years ago in a piss poor former FHCSS defense, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom