Class of 2020 - ATH Jalen Berger (NJ) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Jalen Berger (NJ) Offered

I feel if we finish this year strong and get a bowl game and do well there, And then put together 8-10 wins next year, we just may pull in these recruits. Especially if Orange Football excitement stays around.
Winning is #1 criteria that trumps everything else, but SU has to start putting more fans in the dome. The 25000-35000 fans that regularly attend games is not gonna cut it. We need to return to the days when the Dome was sold out and a really crazy place to watch a football game. 45-50000 fans will be what really impresses recruits...

Winning is #1 criteria that trumps everything else, but SU has to start putting more fans in the dome. The 25000-35000 fans that regularly attend games is not gonna cut it. We need to return to the days when the Dome was sold out and a really crazy place to watch a football game. 45-50000 fans will be what really impresses recruits...

Have you seen the new season ticket #'s?

I've learned long ago to not get that caught up in football recruiting. That being said I'm on the website and I hope the kid comes to Syracuse! Recruiting seems to be trending up!

I don't know what our chances are to get this kid, but he could fit very nicely in as an Abdul Adams replacement. It's beginning to look like Dino likes to have a fast flashy back (Jahwar Jordan), a big bullish short yardage back (Jarveon Howard), and an all purpose back that probably is the starter (Abdul Adams), in his arsenal.

And this happens because of wins. They are not mutually exclusive.

Kid must have parents with the means to travel quite a bit because going through his Twitter feed he has literally visited about every college there is! For real hes been to so many schools its crazy. Parents really doing their research! Some places hes been to multiple times including cuse. This would be a huge pick up if we land this kid.

I like him more as a slot guy
Are you nuts? You've raised him, and trained him as a QB! He was an elite 11 kid! He showed flashes of excellence, and great poise last year, and now you think moving him to slot is better because you "like him as a slot guy." Well what about what we like?
This is just plain nuts...unless you mean Berger.;)

OSU is a different animal now that Urban is gone. Sure they are still OSU but they now have to re-prove their ability to win under another HC.

And recruits should beware of judging OSU’s results this fall. The next coach can often ride the coattails of previous guy for a season considering the roster is still in place. (Look no further than Shafer)

If anything OSU is trending down while the Cuse is trending WAY UP

OSU is a different animal now that Urban is gone. Sure they are still OSU but they now have to re-prove their ability to win under another HC.

And recruits should beware of judging OSU’s results this fall. The next coach can often ride the coattails of previous guy for a season considering the roster is still in place. (Look no further than Shafer)

If anything OSU is trending down while the Cuse is trending WAY UP

Ohio State is Ohio State. They could go 0-12 next season and kids would go there over SU. Let's be realistic.

We have a chance at Berger but it's really early in the process.

Ohio State is Ohio State. They could go 0-12 next season and kids would go there over SU. Let's be realistic.

We have a chance at Berger but it's really early in the process.

I "hate" that you're right about this part, but it is what it is. Look no further than Miami and FSU in the ACC for the same kind of weight that a name (brand?) carries. But at least people are beginning to take notice of the SU name again. Another great season and we prove to the naysayers that last year wasn't a fluke. And, having our name consistently in the top 25 and touted as a top ACC team, with or just after Clemson, will go a long way in recruiting both this fall and going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom