Class of 2020 - ATH Jalen Berger (NJ) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Jalen Berger (NJ) Offered

1568210135721.png

that's a whole lot of Bosco on one field...

Crystal balls are going to Rutgers. Looks like Schiano's first recruit
Not surprising

Schiano was out recruiting before he could per NCAA rules

Berger is announcing on 1/4

If true, where do I write to report him?
It was in an article written about him when his talks first broke down

They mentioned he'd been out recruiting prospects

'Schiano, according to multiple sources familiar with the Nov. 5 meeting between the two sides, came armed with a scouting report of the current roster that stunned people in the room and a list of more than 100 potential targets in the transfer portal to jumpstart the rebuild. He had already started recruiting, behind the scenes, to salvage a 2020 class that looks like a hopeless cause now.'

can’t be true. I was told Schiano will have no impact on guys were recruiting

can’t be true. I was told Schiano will have no impact on guys were recruiting
I think there was a thread nixed today about Schiano. This is not good news for Dino.

I think there was a thread nixed today about Schiano. This is not good news for Dino.
Not sure why you say this. We have 8 kids on the roster from NJ, and only 2 have seen any significant (if any) playing time. And of our 16 commits for 2020, 2 are from NJ. It's not as if our primary recruiting area is NJ.

I don't understand the doom and gloom about Shady's hiring.

And just FYI - there was no thread deleted about Schiano. It was merged with the Rutgers dumpster fire thread.

Not sure why you say this. We have 8 kids on the roster from NJ, and only 2 have seen any significant (if any) playing time. And of our 16 commits for 2020, 2 are from NJ. It's not as if our primary recruiting area is NJ.

And just FYI - there was no thread deleted about Schiano. It was merged with the Rutgers dumpster fire thread.
I was told our recruiting sucks. Now I'm told Shady is going to take our recruits. Why would we care if they suck.

In all seriousness, humor me for a minute. What does Schiano say to suddenly convince a 4/5 star prospect to go to Rutgers? Let’s assume he’s been recruiting him for a week or two.

Come to sunny New Jersey, start each season with 3 automatic losses, on a roster that currently has G5 talent, for a HC that left this place before already...

I am honestly curious. Maybe Dino could take some pointers, because he sure as heck has never landed a recruit of that caliber. And before you say it, this guy is higher rated than TD.

Can’t remenber what article it was but one article said he already had a major recruit lined up if he was going to coach there. I guess this is that recruit

Not sure why??? You just made my case with your stats. We need a talent uptick. Your numbers show we haven't been overly successful in recruiting the closest state loaded with talent. Maybe PA might be close in #s for D1 recruits. But our past successful teams were well mixed with Jersey kids. NJ is a close and very fertile recruiting area. I doubt many will forget what Rutgers did with that in-state talent just a few short years ago under Schiano. He will be working his backyard for talent.

The lack of recruiting success in NJ is a big problem. Your statement saying NJ isn't our primary recruiting area is a problem for this team and staff. Dino failing to bring in NJ talent helps explain where we are at.

And, our recruiting in this area will not get better w/ Schiano.

Not sure why??? You just made my case with your stats. We need a talent uptick. Your numbers show we haven't been overly successful in recruiting the closest state loaded with talent. Maybe PA might be close in #s for D1 recruits. But our past successful teams were well mixed with Jersey kids. NJ is a close and very fertile recruiting area. I doubt many will forget what Rutgers did with that in-state talent just a few short years ago under Schiano. He will be working his backyard for talent.

The lack of recruiting success in NJ is a big problem. Your statement saying NJ isn't our primary recruiting area is a problem for this team and staff. Dino failing to bring in NJ talent helps explain where we are at.

id bet our recruiting would get better by winning.

I don't agree with your premise. If Dino does not want to make NJ a priority, I have to trust him. I don't feel like going back and doing the math, but my guess is that we are not much different than in the past in terms of offers/acceptances. It's a matter of effort/expected reward.

Also, we NEVER got the cream of the crop recruits from NJ. PSU skimmed off the cream, and we got some of what was left.

I don't agree with your premise. If Dino does not want to make NJ a priority, I have to trust him. I don't feel like going back and doing the math, but my guess is that we are not much different than in the past in terms of offers/acceptances. It's a matter of effort/expected reward.

Also, we NEVER got the cream of the crop recruits from NJ. PSU skimmed off the cream, and we got some of what was left.
Dulayne Morgan, Donovin Darius, Quinton Spotwood and Kevin Johnson beg to differ.

Dulayne Morgan, Donovin Darius, Quinton Spotwood and Kevin Johnson beg to differ.

Other than TDV, have we recruited any impact Jersey players who aren’t now old enough to have their own sons playing college football?

To humor O79 ;)

Burger would be a great get.

But, he’s likely a RB or LB in college, correct?
Don’t we already have several of each in this class already?

It doesn’t seem like either party is that into the other here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom