Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Free Article...

After practice on Tuesday, Syracuse offensive coordinator Tim Lester discussed his freshmen quarterbacks, Eric Dungey and Kenterius Womack, with the media. Here is what he had to say.

”They’re both learning,” Lester said. “Every once in a while when I get a play they’re comfortable with, they’ll really be comfortable on that one route. They’re learning. They’re working hard. They both throw the ball well. It’s when the mental part catches up that you really get to see the physical… arm strength wise.

”He’s (Womack) good. He gets quick at times. He tries to throw it too fast. He’s an all-state shortstop so I’m sure he’s trying to get the double play quickly. So we’re slowing him up a little bit. Both of those guys are like sponges. They just want to learn. They’re up there all the time, watching film, asking questions. Working with our quarterback G.A. (graduate assistant). I’m excited about them.”

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.. . . . . . . . . /college/syracuse/story/1573135-lester-talks-freshmen-quarterbacks

After practice on Tuesday, Syracuse offensive coordinator Tim Lester discussed his freshmen quarterbacks, Eric Dungey and Kenterius Womack, with the media. Here is what he had to say.

”They’re both learning,” Lester said. “Every once in a while when I get a play they’re comfortable with, they’ll really be comfortable on that one route. They’re learning. They’re working hard. They both throw the ball well. It’s when the mental part catches up that you really get to see the physical… arm strength wise.

”He’s (Womack) good. He gets quick at times. He tries to throw it too fast. He’s an all-state shortstop so I’m sure he’s trying to get the double play quickly. So we’re slowing him up a little bit. Both of those guys are like sponges. They just want to learn. They’re up there all the time, watching film, asking questions. Working with our quarterback G.A. (graduate assistant). I’m excited about them.”
Giddyup

Agree
Womack is in the Orange S&C program that will take care of any size issue. He will compete nicely with Dungey and Cullpepper for the starting QB job next season.All three have good mobility but Womack has a huge edge in speed. I think it comes down to the quality of the passing part of the game will decide the outcome.

Womack is in the Orange S&C program that will take care of any size issue. He will compete nicely with Dungey and Cullpepper for the starting QB job next season.All three have good mobility but Womack has a huge edge in speed. I think it comes down to the quality of the passing part of the game will decide the outcome.

Have you seen Dungey's film? Womack's edge isn't that huge.

And AJ Long.

Have you seen Dungey's film? Womack's edge isn't that huge.
Yeah, if I had to guess I'd say it's about 4.5 for Womack and 4.7 for Dungey. I know I've seen the reported times but can't think of them. Either way, Dungey is a tremendous athlete as well.

Yeah, if I had to guess I'd say it's about 4.5 for Womack and 4.7 for Dungey. I know I've seen the reported times but can't think of them. Either way, Dungey is a tremendous athlete as well.
I totally agree. Personally,I prefer big time passer. Give me a kid that gets the snap and goes through his progression of riceivers and gets the pass thrown. Accurately of course. I hope that both Dungey and Cullpepper do well for next season.Cullpepper's ACL. heals properly and allows him to play at the level he has already attained
And AJ Long.
AJ only if he passes when he should and not tuck and run a couple seconds after he gets the snap. I'm not a fan of AJ. I'll take any of the others aside from Wilson Wilson had his opportunity and came up very short.

I think Dungey will be our guy. I feel that Lester saw exactly what he wanted when he recruited him but I could be wrong. Personally I want it be AJ because he is one of my favorite players but I think it will be Dungey.

I didnt realize Womack was so skinny and he's shorter than 6'3. Thats what was reported in HS. Dungey is bigger than I thought. Im not giving up on Womack but Im starting to buy into Dungey more and more.

I didnt realize Womack was so skinny and he's shorter than 6'3. Thats what was reported in HS. Dungey is bigger than I thought. Im not giving up on Womack but Im starting to buy into Dungey more and more.
I could have sworn i read something recently about Womack being as short as Long. Can't find it now though.

Not a fan of the switch so early unless Womack asked to switch. Also this probably one of the reasons we are still going after David Moore the coaches most likely had this in the back of their minds for quite some time.

Not a fan of the switch so early unless Womack asked to switch. Also this probably one of the reasons we are still going after David Moore the coaches most likely had this in the back of their minds for quite some time.
They mentioned a possible switch even before camp opened up. This one was in the cards for a long time, to be honest.

That didnt last long lol. Couple things. He is too good of a athlete to sit for 4 years and not play QB. The staff probably saw something they really liked and think he's a future star at WR. So why wait? Get him some time there now so its less to teach later. Also Dungey might have shown something that solidify himself at the position. He probably looks better than Hunt, Wilson and AJ did as freshmans. That says alot about his future there. I am not mad at all about the switch this early. I still think Kenderius will do great things at SU. I really like his background.

jekelish said:
They mentioned a possible switch even before camp opened up. This one was in the cards for a long time, to be honest.

If Womack winds up at receiver, it will make sense why SU was able to discover him. Not many saw him as a QB.

If Womack winds up at receiver, it will make sense why SU was able to discover him. Not many saw him as a QB.
Honestly, even his HUDL video lists him as QB/WR/DB so it's not like he didn't see a potential position change coming.