Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Mcintosh was legit.

Love the video... Sad thing I'm noticing is the competition in that video - about to put a 50 spot on Temple... kicking the . . . . out of Nebraska and every other team... being 24 and someone that always makes 2-3 SU Football Games a year from the VVS area and a good buddy that has season tickets... I'll buy season tickets if we can do that but for the time being I'll enjoy my few games and call it. However, I haven't seen us put points up on anyone in my time frame. Good to see it once happened. I do think we are heading on the right path and Moe would just be another piece of the puzzle to make that happen.

All I know is that this is how I'm envisioning Bambrewer every time someone prints "express back":

gallery_298_17_1836.gif

HEY NOW STOP TRYING TO PAWN OFF MY CLAIM TO FAME!!!!

I think Erv was/is close. But level of comp held back everyone's enthusiasm...

But yeah - he could be better. Cuts upon cuts - but knows when to go.

I actually think Erv and Moe are clones of one another. I was asking for Erv to be switched to HB last year. The eXpress Back (toot toot) fits them both perfectly.

Love the video... Sad thing I'm noticing is the competition in that video - about to put a 50 spot on Temple... kicking the . . . . out of Nebraska and every other team... being 24 and someone that always makes 2-3 SU Football Games a year from the VVS area and a good buddy that has season tickets... I'll buy season tickets if we can do that but for the time being I'll enjoy my few games and call it. However, I haven't seen us put points up on anyone in my time frame. Good to see it once happened. I do think we are heading on the right path and Moe would just be another piece of the puzzle to make that happen.

It's surreal that it was 20 years ago now. Man oh man.

Those teams were so talented that McIntosh could have easily rushed for 1K yards his JR and SR years but there was just too many players to get the ball to. Think he averaged 5 yards per rush and still had around 800 yard per year.

We've had good players recently, especially during our 90's run...probably McIntosh is the closest thing I can think of in the past 25 years.

It's surreal that it was 20 years ago now. Man oh man.

Those teams were so talented that McIntosh could have easily rushed for 1K yards his JR and SR years but there was just too many players to get the ball to. Think he averaged 5 yards per rush and still had around 800 yard per year.
Even before that: '87. LOADED. Daryl Johnston's your fullback. You have Drummond running the ball, MacPherson at QB and Rob Moore, Michael Owens and Tommy Kane as your receivers, with Pat Kelly playing TE. If MacPherson's getting a little winded, you just put in Todd Philcox. Unreal. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/syracuse/1987.html

No way our current rosters compare. HOWEVER, I'm not sure I can find an SU backfield as tricky as Robert Washington and Moe Neal (H/Back). In fact, SU hasn't even played against a backfield duo this good (that I can recall) since Portis and Gore/Miami waltzed into the Dome.

Last edited:
I'm lazy for not going through all the pages of this thread - where else has he visited? Was this the last stop on his favorites list?
Dennys and SU. That's it. :)

1 week later:

Tennessee offers

2 weeks later:

Florida offers

3 weeks later:

"HAAAAAARRRRRBAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHH" -jekelish.

jk but am a tiny worried about florida and tennessee's potential involvement, though i don't think it should be much of a worry. Think he's 98% ours after that great visit.

This kid's film is UNREAL.

I am VERY excited to hear that the visit went well, and made such a strong impression on the kid, because this is EXACTLY the type of dynamic athlete we need to begin taking the next step. Athletes like RW, Neal, and Stubbs [to say nothing of the 2017 WR we have a commit from and Culpepper the QB] are the types of skilled talent we've lacked for a long time. Elite playmaking potential. Difference makers.

I haven't been as excited about a recruit in a long time. RW really got the ball rolling with this class.

This kid's film is UNREAL.

I am VERY excited to hear that the visit went well, and made such a strong impression on the kid, because this is EXACTLY the type of dynamic athlete we need to begin taking the next step. Athletes like RW, Neal, and Stubbs [to say nothing of the 2017 WR we have a commit from and Culpepper the QB] are the types of skilled talent we've lacked for a long time. Elite playmaking potential. Difference makers.

I haven't been as excited about a recruit in a long time. RW really got the ball rolling with this class.

I agree I haven't been this excited since......RW. Lol. Seriously though we are getting some dynamic kids to come see what we are about. Nice to see some of the kids don't want to follow the flow but would like to change a program.

I agree I haven't been this excited since...RW. Lol. Seriously though we are getting some dynamic kids to come see what we are about. Nice to see some of the kids don't want to follow the flow but would like to change a program.

Ditto--was thinking the same thing [about RW] right after I made that post.

No kidding. I don't mean to raise the comparison because, come on, let's not be crazy here, but he's got some Barry Sanders-esque lateral agility/quickness.

Watching his highlights reminds me of tecmo super bowl. Bo Neal prehaps?

You must have not been a fan of SU football pre-Greg Robinson. I can name about 40 guys right now.
I believe Quadry Ismael was the only one I know that had around 4.4 40 speed. And Moe's is what 4.38 40. :cool:

Mo Jackson supposedly ran a 4.18 when he was at SU.

http://assets.espn.go.com/ncf/2000/20001021/recap/vvdssw.html (scroll down to the 17th paragraph)
I was going to post that,but I wanted to see how far it was going to go.

You can throw in Dorian Graham,David Bird, Will Allen who I bet wished he still had the speed to run,Shamarko who if I remember correctly ran a HIGH 4.3 here.

Antonio Johnson was really fast along with Kirby DAR-DAR,just ask Florida fans and Kevin Johnson..

Scott Schwedes