Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Deciding on 8/1...which is my wife's birthday. Robert decided on 4/25, which is right between my son's birthday and my mom's birthday. I like the trend.
I'm counting on it now. Going to be very disappointed if he goes elsewhere.

One never knows. He might be swayed by the moment.
Personally, I would prefer he thinks about it and makes the choice best for him. Heard too many stories about commits happening on campus visits and then there's 'buyer's remorse'...

For just the second time, I'm doing a countdown clock for a decision:

moemoney.png

The three-star athlete is being recruited by Syracuse to play h-back. He spent time with his primary recruiter, DeAndre Smith, going over his role and how he would be used should he pick the Orange. That was something he also discussed with Erv Philips, as the two have similar skill sets.

”They expressed that a lot,” Neal said. “I got to meet with their coaches and with coach Smith and he expressed what I would be doing as the express back or h-back, whatever they’re going to call it. They expressed a lot that I’m a guy that can do both. Catch the ball, run routes, do handoffs and everything."
:D

http://www.At their request, this n...22-neal-loves-syracuse-visit-nearing-decision

It'a a free article...

Three-star athlete Moe Neal recaps his return trip to Syracuse and discusses his decision timeframe.

Three-star Gastonia (N.C.) Forestview High athlete Moe Neal has been one of Syracuse’s top 2016 targets for quite some time. He returned to the campus for a second visit on Thursday and stayed until Friday afternoon. This time, he was able to see different aspects of the school and the football program which gave him a better overall feel for Syracuse football.
”This time I got to watch a little 7-on-7 practice that they had,” Neal said. “I got to see the practice field and tour the campus. I got to see the dorms rooms where the freshmen stay and where you stay after your first year. The academic advisor, I got to meet with him. Those were some of the things I got to do this time that I didn’t get to do before.
”I love it. I loved everything. The academics, I love the academics. The coaching staff. I got to talk to the players. The quarterback A.J. (Long) and Erv (Philips). I was talking to them. I loved it. I had a great time.”
Long and Philips obviously want Neal to join them up at Syracuse as it is in their best interest to have as much talent on the roster as possible. But the two current Orange players were not pressuring Neal to commit on the spot. Rather advising him to follow his heart and find the best fit for him. That ultimately that is the most important thing about the recruiting process.
During the visit, Neal got to meet and speak with Syracuse legend and Hall of Famer Floyd Little. He tweeted out a picture of the moment on Thursday, and it was a highlight of the trip.
”I loved talking to Floyd Little,” Neal said. “He’s a real cool guy. He jokes around a lot. He was telling me about his decision that he made back in 1963. That was great to hear. It’s not every day you can talk to a Hall of Famer.”
Neal was not alone on the trip as his father accompanied him. As much as Neal was impressed by Syracuse, so was his dad.

”He also loved it,” he said. “He loved the academic side of it. He really loved the trip. I think he got to see a lot of things that he wanted to see.”
The three-star athlete is being recruited by Syracuse to play h-back. He spent time with his primary recruiter, DeAndre Smith, going over his role and how he would be used should he pick the Orange. That was something he also discussed with Erv Philips, as the two have similar skill sets.
”They expressed that a lot,” Neal said. “I got to meet with their coaches and with coach Smith and he expressed what I would be doing as the express back or h-back, whatever they’re going to call it. They expressed a lot that I’m a guy that can do both. Catch the ball, run routes, do handoffs and everything.”
Overall, Neal rated the visit a ten out of ten. It seems it could not have gone better for both Syracuse and for the Forestview High standout. He says the Orange are “very high” for him right now, but did not discuss an ordered list. Neal said he loved the visit and had a great time.
He did say, however, that he is planning to make a decision on August 1st. He currently does not have any other visits scheduled between now and them, but did not rule out the possibility.

Have you heard if he is planning an announcement like RW?
That's the indication I've received, yes. Plans on announcing in front of family and friends.

I certainly hope that it'll be a similarly public announcement, because I've just learned that JackBauer44 will be in NC that weekend so there's a chance we might be able to have some OG representation, if things all work out.

CuseLegacy said:
http://www.. . . . . . . . . /colle...22-neal-loves-syracuse-visit-nearing-decision It'a a free article... Three-star athlete Moe Neal recaps his return trip to Syracuse and discusses his decision timeframe. Three-star Gastonia (N.C.) Forestview High athlete Moe Neal has been one of Syracuse’s top 2016 targets for quite some time. He returned to the campus for a second visit on Thursday and stayed until Friday afternoon. This time, he was able to see different aspects of the school and the football program which gave him a better overall feel for Syracuse football. ”This time I got to watch a little 7-on-7 practice that they had,” Neal said. “I got to see the practice field and tour the campus. I got to see the dorms rooms where the freshmen stay and where you stay after your first year. The academic advisor, I got to meet with him. Those were some of the things I got to do this time that I didn’t get to do before. ”I love it. I loved everything. The academics, I love the academics. The coaching staff. I got to talk to the players. The quarterback A.J. (Long) and Erv (Philips). I was talking to them. I loved it. I had a great time.” Long and Philips obviously want Neal to join them up at Syracuse as it is in their best interest to have as much talent on the roster as possible. But the two current Orange players were not pressuring Neal to commit on the spot. Rather advising him to follow his heart and find the best fit for him. That ultimately that is the most important thing about the recruiting process. During the visit, Neal got to meet and speak with Syracuse legend and Hall of Famer Floyd Little. He tweeted out a picture of the moment on Thursday, and it was a highlight of the trip. ”I loved talking to Floyd Little,” Neal said. “He’s a real cool guy. He jokes around a lot. He was telling me about his decision that he made back in 1963. That was great to hear. It’s not every day you can talk to a Hall of Famer.” Neal was not alone on the trip as his father accompanied him. As much as Neal was impressed by Syracuse, so was his dad. ”He also loved it,” he said. “He loved the academic side of it. He really loved the trip. I think he got to see a lot of things that he wanted to see.” The three-star athlete is being recruited by Syracuse to play h-back. He spent time with his primary recruiter, DeAndre Smith, going over his role and how he would be used should he pick the Orange. That was something he also discussed with Erv Philips, as the two have similar skill sets. ”They expressed that a lot,” Neal said. “I got to meet with their coaches and with coach Smith and he expressed what I would be doing as the express back or h-back, whatever they’re going to call it. They expressed a lot that I’m a guy that can do both. Catch the ball, run routes, do handoffs and everything.” Overall, Neal rated the visit a ten out of ten. It seems it could not have gone better for both Syracuse and for the Forestview High standout. He says the Orange are “very high” for him right now, but did not discuss an ordered list. Neal said he loved the visit and had a great time. He did say, however, that he is planning to make a decision on August 1st. He currently does not have any other visits scheduled between now and them, but did not rule out the possibility.

That couldn't have gone better. Wowza.

Deciding on 8/1...which is my wife's birthday. Robert decided on 4/25, which is right between my son's birthday and my mom's birthday. I like the trend.
I just wished he hurry and choose the Orange so he and RW can get on these other biggies that RW said he would go after.

Man oh man is he shifty.
No kidding. I don't mean to raise the comparison because, come on, let's not be crazy here, but he's got some Barry Sanders-esque lateral agility/quickness.

I don't know where he is going but the film on Moe is amazing squared. Some of the cuts and changes of direction he makes are unbelievable. Couple in his great speed and instincts and wow, you have quite a player.

If he stays healthy, he is going to have an unbelievable college career.
Just based on size/speed/quickness, along with being a less traditional RB (or hybrid/express, if you will), I'm just gonna throw out a name here: Reggie Bush. Similar size (Bush was 6-0, 180, Moe is about 5-11, 170) and speed (4.4 when Bush entered college, 4.39 for Moe).

Yes, I've just compared Moe Neal to Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush in my last two posts. Shut up, I'm excited.

Just based on size/speed/quickness, along with being a less traditional RB (or hybrid/express, if you will), I'm just gonna throw out a name here: Reggie Bush. Similar size (Bush was 6-0, 180, Moe is about 5-11, 170) and speed (4.4 when Bush entered college, 4.39 for Moe).

Yes, I've just compared Moe Neal to Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush in my last two posts. Shut up, I'm excited.
Why don't you go make a countdown or something

He has just become Barry Bush

Man oh man is he shifty.
Did you see the shake & bake at the 35 scnd mark? Wow. And second-level speed as well.

Last edited:
That's the indication I've received, yes. Plans on announcing in front of family and friends.

I certainly hope that it'll be a similarly public announcement, because I've just learned that JackBauer44 will be in NC that weekend so there's a chance we might be able to have some OG representation, if things all work out.

Please, no video sneak peaks from Bleacher Report this time!