Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Why not Reggie Sanders?

421-173Fr.jpg

Its not a football name

Did you see the shake & bake at 33 scnds? Wow. And second-level speed as well.

I can't think of the last player, recruit or otherwise, that we've had that had the ability to do that all in one package. It's been that long. A lot to be excited about here.

jekelish said:
Just based on size/speed/quickness, along with being a less traditional RB (or hybrid/express, if you will), I'm just gonna throw out a name here: Reggie Bush. Similar size (Bush was 6-0, 180, Moe is about 5-11, 170) and speed (4.4 when Bush entered college, 4.39 for Moe). Yes, I've just compared Moe Neal to Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush in my last two posts. Shut up, I'm excited.

That's okay - you're on the recruiting side. Hope is allowed here ;).

tep624 said:
I can't think of the last player, recruit or otherwise, that we've had that had the ability to do that all in one package. It's been that long. A lot to be excited about here.

I think Erv was/is close. But level of comp held back everyone's enthusiasm...

But yeah - he could be better. Cuts upon cuts - but knows when to go.

Wow, you'd have to go back. Some had speed (dar dar, mcintosh, Bailey), some were quick (Morris, Thomas), some could cut (Reyes, Owens), a bunch would run you over (JB, Csonka, Conrad, Richardson, Drummond, Carter), but shake you, bake you, and THEN blow by you? Hmm .. Little?

Last edited:
SYR2RDU said:
Wake campus attractive????? No way.. I was there for the SU game last year and there was more SU fans than wake fans.. And the campus nothing I would write home about

Wake is gorgeous, area is a bit boring though.

Wow, you'd have to go back. Some had speed (dar dar, mcintosh, Bailey), some were quick (Morris, Thomas), some could cut (Reyes, Owens), a bunch would run you over (JB, Csonka, Conrad, Richardson, Drummond, Carter), but shake you, bake you, and THEN blow by you? Hmm .. Little?

We've had good players recently, especially during our 90's run...probably McIntosh is the closest thing I can think of in the past 25 years.

We've had good players recently, especially during our 90's run...probably McIntosh is the closest thing I can think of in the past 25 years.
I was gonna say, it's what we were all HOPING Damian Rhodes would be.

I think that is spelled ( Konrad );)

I don't believe that we ever had the speed of RW or Moe.

I was gonna say, it's what we were all HOPING Damian Rhodes would be.

Rhodes never had the burst. He always reminded me of a poor man's Marcus Allen. He had the receiving ability out of the backfield though.

That's what I like about Moe so much is that he does all of these things well. We've had quick shifty runners, we've had backs that are good receivers out of the backfield, power runners, etc, but I can't think of one with the whole package like this coupled with 4.4 or better speed.

I don't believe that we ever had the speed of RW or Moe.
IDK. I'd say McIntosh and Reyes were the fastest to the line of scrimmage of anyone I've ever seen here. Elusiveness is a different story.

IDK. I'd say McIntosh and Reyes were the fastest to the line of scrimmage of anyone I've ever seen here. Elusiveness is a different story.

Yep, I think Reyes is probably the least appreciated of the backs from the past 25 years. He was very good on some mediocre/bad teams during the downfall of the P era.

If we grab Moe Neal I will be completely

10 statues of Floyd wouldn't be enough. Blessed to have him.
Honest to God, I love having him in our Cuse family and heavily involved on a daily basis. He is the shiit.

You wanna know why I'm confident right now? Moe visits 'Cuse, and then immediately comes up with a date for when he's going to make his decision...and it's 3 weeks earlier than what had previously been mentioned.
I'm lazy for not going through all the pages of this thread - where else has he visited? Was this the last stop on his favorites list?