Attendance Tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Attendance Tonight?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Anybody catch the attendance? Also there was a thread a couple weeks ago saying it would be close between SU and UK for #1 attendance this season... any updates?

Announced at over 25,000. Was reminiscent of most of the announced football attendance figures - possibly the smallest 25,000 I've ever seen. Looked like the same ticket sales as we had for Pittsburgh (~24,800), minus almost 2,000 students.

Puts us in good shape as far as the UK chase goes; we only need 32,000 on Saturday. Feels kind of cheesy to take that crown after that ridiculous announced number tonight, though.

If there were 20,000 in the building that was a lot.

Announced at over 25,000. Was reminiscent of most of the announced football attendance figures - possibly the smallest 25,000 I've ever seen. Looked like the same ticket sales as we had for Pittsburgh (~24,800), minus almost 2,000 students.

Puts us in good shape as far as the UK chase goes; we only need 32,000 on Saturday. Feels kind of cheesy to take that crown after that ridiculous announced number tonight, though.
Hey, if that was the number of tickets sold, it was the number of tickets sold. Nothing "cheesy" about it.

Hey, if that was the number of tickets sold, it was the number of tickets sold. Nothing "cheesy" about it.

It's a little fishy, though, just because nearly every basketball crowd pretty closely resembles the announced sales.

This wasn't even close. Looked 20% off.

It's a little fishy, though, just because nearly every basketball crowd pretty closely resembles the announced sales.

This wasn't even close. Looked 20% off.

Sad for Kris and Scoop's penultimate game at the Dome.

I know stubhub was basically sold out... there were 2 tix left in the 300s for about $68... that's the only reason stubhub wasn't out

Sad for Kris and Scoop's penultimate game at the Dome.

I've been whining about that since the Providence game.

We had nice crowds for Georgetown and Connecticut, but one would think this team would draw better. Insulting for Mr. Excitement to implore everyone to vote our student section tops in the nation as we all stare at an ocean of empty seats in 302, 303, and 304.

I emailed about 10 days ago to the SUAD..they needed to run a one time (beat UK for Attendance) campaign for the USF game.

I told them 2 tix for $22 in the 300's...they took it under advisement. Oh well I tried.

I emailed about 10 days ago to the SUAD..they needed to run a one time (beat UK for Attendance) campaign for the USF game.

I told them 2 tix for $22 in the 300's...they took it under advisement. Oh well I tried.

I e-mailed three months ago with a couple (very tactful) suggestions about their game presentation. No response as of today.

They were kind enough, however, to send us renewal notices for football and basketball in recent weeks, though. Heck of a customer service attitude they have up here. Syracuse University Athletics - just give us your money; we don't care what you think about our product.

I did hear back about attendance...SU doesn't think they can catch UK. Louisville is only sitting at 30k right now.

I did hear back about attendance...SU doesn't think they can catch UK. Louisville is only sitting at 30k right now.

Hmm, by our math, we needed 220,000 over the last eight (and then 57,000 over the last two) games to get to roughly 23,600 (which someone on here thought would top UK). As of last night, they'd sold about 30,000 for Louisville with 10 days to go. In the ten days before USF, they sold over 2,000 seats. Can't imagine the Louisville pace would be too far off that (even if we lose to UConn, Senior Day tends to get a bump).

SU should know more about this than we do, but they've proven themselves so inept and arrogant in some of these matters. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom