Attendance vs. Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance vs. Louisville

just a hair over 40,000. I'll call it 40,281

It's funny (sad) how we talk about night games being great things at other places and when we have one, all we can talk about is how students won't show because it intrudes on their partying. They should love that it's on a Friday. That leaves Saturday to party all day.

I will be satisfied with 37k actual butts in the seats. Everyone here guessing/hoping 40k is kidding themselves. The program's rep with the wider fans it will take to see those numbers will take time to convert.

going with my other season tick holding friends and convinced several others to come out. Hoping it's 38-42.

Only in Syracuse could a home town paper comment on game day about the weather being too hot. And, to go on about what the temp will be at 8 p.m. based on relative humidity, etc., etc, etc. :(:bang: Just unfrigging real!

That future renovation with the Dome can't come soon enough. Though, I imagine even after that, some will still complain that the Dome is just too bright, or too loud, or too something... :noidea:Oh Lord

Only in Syracuse could a home town paper comment on game day about the weather being too hot. And, to go on about what the temp will be at 8 p.m. based on relative humidity, etc., etc, etc. :(:bang: Just unfrigging real!

That future renovation with the Dome can't come soon enough. Though, I imagine even after that, some will still complain that the Dome is just too bright, or too loud, or too something... :noidea:Oh Lord
It's CNY. If people aren't complaining, they're probably dead.

39,444 as Csonka will be here ...maybe,but Floyd will be

The last time I remember playing a ranked team on a Friday night we got 45,265. Granted we were 4-2 heading into that game, but we looked awful in those 6 games.

The last time I remember playing a ranked team on a Friday night we got 45,265. Granted we were 4-2 heading into that game, but we looked awful in those 6 games.

2011, we looked horrible the first six games, but we were indeed 4-2 and coming off the 8-5 return to bowl season of 2010.

This.
It's one of those traits that's ingrained in the character of Syracuse. A touch of cynicism mixed with a dash of insecurity, and viola! Photobucket burning couch

Saw a bunch of Louisville fans out in East Syracuse, near the hotels.

My guess 36,500

The Dome looks pretty good if there is 42K there. At 38K we'll see a sizable amount of silver on the away side between the 20s.

But whatever, if 38K people are there and are loud then it's a home field advantage that the team will feed off of.

It's too domey.

One of the things that annoys me about Knoxville is the inflated view people here have of this place. I wish just a little of that would make it's way to CNY. It would balance out both.

This.
It's one of those traits that's ingrained in the character of Syracuse. A touch of cynicism mixed with a dash of insecurity, and viola! Photobucket burning couch
upload_2016-9-9_15-4-3.jpeg
or
upload_2016-9-9_15-10-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Any word yet? L'ville PBP guy on Sirius said "barely half full".

This is my first football game ever in the Dome. I will say I will never say anything again about the fans being too quiet. It honestly is deceiving on television but this place has been LOUD several times tonight. Great job to the fans who were here regardless of number

This is my first football game ever in the Dome. I will say I will never say anything again about the fans being too quiet. It honestly is deceiving on television but this place has been LOUD several times tonight. Great job to the fans who were here regardless of number

Agreed I've always said the Dome seems really quiet on TV no matter football or basketball. Must not have a good place for the sound guys.

MSOrange said:

Amen. Got REALLY LOUD in here a few times. And the upper deck on the Louisville sideline between the goal lines was about 20% capacity.

Just imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom