Autry on Carey, Patterson and Cuffe | Syracusefan.com

Autry on Carey, Patterson and Cuffe

“Me and Kyle, we talked yesterday,” Autry said. “I do plan to get Kyle out there. That’s always the plan but probably now, it’s more. We need it. We’re down bodies.”

Uhhh so if it was “always the plan” why didn’t he play

2+2=8

“Me and Kyle, we talked yesterday,” Autry said. “I do plan to get Kyle out there. That’s always the plan but probably now, it’s more. We need it. We’re down bodies.”

2+2=8
How short do we want to be out there. Perhaps it was the situations. Apparently the plan is to play him when it's best for the team. Imagine that.

2+2=8
it is my assumption that he and Kyle are not in agreement on some issue. Playing time, Benny's dismissal, who knows?? Hopefully the air has cleared enough for him to be on the floor. We need all capable bodies!! Issues like this will most likely not set well come portal season. But who knows???

How short do we want to be out there. Perhaps it was the situations. Apparently the plan is to play him when it's best for the team. Imagine that.
I don’t have to imagine. I have eyes and a brain.

Playing our guards 40 mins a game isn’t best for our team.

I’m sure because JB thinks otherwise you think I’m wrong but college kids do get tired too

I don’t have to imagine. I have eyes and a brain.

Playing our guards 40 mins a game isn’t best for our team.

I’m sure because JB thinks otherwise you think I’m wrong but college kids do get tired too

I hated it when JB was running guys into the ground and Red shouldn't get a pass either. Our guys can't go full time or almost full time.

If Cuffe can't even get 4 mins a half (basically between two commercial breaks), something is way off.

Mintz-Cuffe lineups this season - Maybe that FSU stretch is sticking in Red's craw (rightly or wrongly).

Screenshot 2024-02-12 142026.png

Last edited:
So basically, taking out the outliers, Oregon and BC. He does exactly what we would want him to do. Keep the game at 0-0 for 4-8 mins a half...and then get JJ fresh legs for the end of the game. GREAT!
The only caveat is that some lineups in the image may have all three guards on the floor, which doesn't help to make the case for (or against) playing Cuffe more. But the website won't let me specify that I want game-by-game data for all lineups with Cuffe plus other guard X but not third guard Y.

Guess no Chance Westry returns? I'm surprised in the NIL era that we're worried about redshirting Patterson. How many guys stay at the same school 5 years in a row nowadays?
Patterson isn’t good enough to play… thats why he’s red shirting lol. If he portals this off season, not the worst thing in the world unless hes really good at his next stop.

2+2=8
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Sorry.

I don't get saying "we want guys as fresh as possible" and then add DNP's on top of injuries. Injuries on the front line shouldn't shorten your backcourt bench.
Except you now Brown playing center because McLeod and Hima and Carey can't play. You have Taylor playing power forward because Williams is gone. You have Copeland playing small forward because Taylor is playing power forward.

And some amount of time every game, we have Bell playing power forward while Copeland plays small forward. Westry was supposed to do some of this.

Cuffe needs to play to give Mintz and Starling ready because Copeland and Westry and Taylor are either injured or needed elsewhere.

Three injuries and a "kicked off the team" all in the same position group hurts both the guys playing extra minutes and the guys playing out of position to try to pick up the slack.

5: McLeod, Hima
4-5: Brown, Carey
4: Williams
3-4: Taylor
3: Bell
2-3: Westry, Copeland
2: Cuffe
1-2: Mintz, Starling

That lineup looks scary with injuries. Can't really blame Red for Starling and Mintz becoming iron men.

I would like to more lineups of Copeland and Cuffe at least for a spell of Judah and JJ.

Cuffe is more likely to get the benefit of a pass with Copeland in the game. Playing with Judah he is not likely to be as effective as he can’t really create his own shot because of his size.

it is my assumption that he and Kyle are not in agreement on some issue. Playing time, Benny's dismissal, who knows?? Hopefully the air has cleared enough for him to be on the floor. We need all capable bodies!! Issues like this will most likely not set well come portal season. But who knows???
I think its pretty obvious this is it. Cuffe isn't on the same page as Red. Red's hands are tied but he is still trying to send a message. just more evidence that you need to gut this team at end of season and build something new

2+2=8
Red was asked post-game from Axe why Cuff did not see the floor? Asked if there was an injury or some other situation. HCAA stated that Cuff was fine however, he felt good about the players he had on the floor based on the matchups.

Guess no Chance Westry returns? I'm surprised in the NIL era that we're worried about redshirting Patterson. How many guys stay at the same school 5 years in a row nowadays?
I’m starting to doubt Westry ever returns. No inside info but the guy hasn’t laced it up in almost two years. I’m hopeful he can return next year but also realistic in understanding the guy probably won’t return to his previous talent level. I hope I’m wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom