Awaiting John Wildhack's Decision | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Awaiting John Wildhack's Decision

Down grading the program will never be a good idea. You break even on the ACC payments alone. You should never give that up.

Scooch, you said on a different thread that you work for a big corporation. When you have a business with enough contracted revenue to cover your costs (and can occasionally provide some upside) you don’t cut that business line. You bleed it dry. Dropping a level or two below does NOT provide enough cost savings to offset your lost opportunity value.
For sure, that’s why I said “figuratively”. I’d never suggest we leave the ACC. I’m suggesting that if we want to play poor, then go all out. Stop investing entirely. And stop complaining about NIL and all that. Cash the checks, hire on the cheap, and embrace losing.

All I know is I won’t be watching next Saturday. Partly because I committed already to doing some stuff with my mom and sister that I didn’t realize lined up with the game (holiday shop stuff at the fairgrounds), but mostly because there is little reason to change those existing plans. Very very rare for me.
I went to a yacht rock concert last night. It was 1000% the better choice to make.

i’m sick of the woke megaphone people. They don’t go to games and financially support the entire athletics department. Screw them. If that’s his reason for not making the call then our institutional idgaf about having a serious football game is further exacerbated.
You two are hysterical. Concocting some bizarro political narrative to get mad about that literally hasn’t been mentioned by anyone, anywhere.

Man, it really is true that when all one has is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

You two are hysterical. Concocting some bizarro political narrative to get mad about that literally hasn’t been mentioned by anyone, anywhere.

Man, it really is true that when all one has is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I don't know if I am one of the two. I just think it's a bad idea for a white guy to fire a black guy while he's still bowl eligible at middling Syracuse and who has represented the school like an adult and I think it would be a story.

I don't know if I am one of the two. I just think it's a bad idea for a white guy to fire a black guy while he's still bowl eligible at middling Syracuse and who has represented the school like an adult and I think it would be a story.
I think that is utterly crazy, so many factors however that is definitely not one of them.

I think that is utterly crazy, so many factors however that is definitely not one of them.
every single one of the clowns on here who think this is ridiculous would wait until they're eliminated from a bowl if they were wildhack

all this righteous anger over losing to bc with a backup qb.

they're 11 and 11 the last two seasons and half the board dreams of bringing back a guy who went 13-12 his last two seasons

every single one of the clowns on here who think this is ridiculous would wait until they're eliminated from a bowl if they were wildhack

they're 11 and 11 the last two seasons and half the board dreams of bringing back a guy who went 13-12 his last two seasons
Yup

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The guy has been here 8 years and has made a boat load of $$. He could have easily been fired after ‘21. It’s a results driven business. FSU gave Willie Taggart 2 seasons, Kansas gave Turner Gill 2 seasons. Herm Edward’s was fired and he had a 26-20 record with 3 bowls in 5 years. Charlie Strong was fired from USF with a 21-16 record and 2 bowl appearances in 3 seasons.

There are plenty of coaches who got fired a lot sooner that had better records than DB. Anybody who is a football fan will look at Dino’s record and think it’s the right call.

The guy has been here 8 years and has made a boat load of $$. He could have easily been fired after ‘21. It’s a results driven business. FSU gave Willie Taggart 2 seasons, Kansas gave Turner Gill 2 seasons. Herm Edward’s was fired and he had a 26-20 record with 3 bowls in 5 years. Charlie Strong was fired from USF with a 21-16 record and 2 bowl appearances in 3 seasons.

There are plenty of coaches who got fired a lot sooner that had better records than DB. Anybody who is a football fan will look at Dino’s record and think it’s the right call.
No problem with firing him when they're not bowl eligible.

He’s got a record of 44-24 at A&M.

Imagine if someone at SU had that record in our current climate. He’d be coach for the next 14,000 years!
They'd put up a statue outside of the Dome with a record like that!

I admit i had no idea what Millhouse was referring to. I thought it was something else

Th
Yeah. The problem that can cause is setting back the next coach and the possibility of not getting who you want. There are going to be many attractive programs needing a HC. On top of all this, the program is stale and is regressing.
The problem is those schools looking for new coaches won’t be looking in the same places as SU. Wildhack is not looking to hire a big time coach. Schools that are serious are.

Th

The problem is those schools looking for new coaches won’t be looking in the same places as SU. Wildhack is not looking to hire a big time coach. Schools that are serious are.
Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of truth in this post. I have little faith anymore until the Administration proves me wrong. As a Clemson fan told me this year, “you are a Basketball school“. Enough said about how the rest of the world and ACC sees the commitment to Football here at ‘Cuse.

For sure, that’s why I said “figuratively”. I’d never suggest we leave the ACC. I’m suggesting that if we want to play poor, then go all out. Stop investing entirely. And stop complaining about NIL and all that. Cash the checks, hire on the cheap, and embrace losing.
So become Northwestern?

He’s got a record of 44-24 at A&M.

Imagine if someone at SU had that record in our current climate. He’d be coach for the next 14,000 years!
He wouldn’t be making 10M a year

Why not. Milk the ACC for all it's worth until it's dead in 2036

We obviously need more money to compete

That's a big reason why FSU wanted more $$$ - coaches' salaries. They let him go because he wanted more than he was worth. He seemed to be all about $$$ and wasn't doing that well with all their recruits. I have read the athletic dept. was happy to see him go as he was arrogant and they had that scandal with Winston too, gave him the benefit of the doubt, and let him play after some internal review headed up by some outside legal guy of some reknown. Then they brought in Taggart from Oregon no less and fired him during the first year - not a good look as an AFAM guy is getting canned by a bunch of white dudes as somebody here mentioned. (I would give Dino until the close of the season for that and other reasons.) We had a black AD at one time - he might have been there when the deed was done. Taggart went to Florida Atlantic for two years and they terminated his contract too. I read that he is now the running backs coach for the NFL Ravens - he started with Harbaugh at Stanford in the same position. What do I really think about coaches' salaries? It's ridiculous. They can make their career with one good player at a key position like QB and the schools get shaken down. This is one of the reasons that all these schools are chasing TV $$$ to augment gate receipts and donations.