B1G Realigning - Leaders and Legends gone, and | Syracusefan.com

B1G Realigning - Leaders and Legends gone, and

I wonder how Nebraska feels about those divisions.

Good luck Rutgers, you're going to need it in your division.

East
Michigan
Michigan St.
Ohio St.
Penn St.
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers

They'll be lucky to get 2 wins a season from their division games.

Welcome to being our bitch. Indiana needed a friend.

university-of-michigan-logo.gif

I wonder how Nebraska feels about those divisions.

Probably pretty awesome. They essentially just have to beat Wisconsin and they will make the title game. Rutgers knew they'd be getting crushed, it's all for the pay-check like it is for everyone else. That said, it'll suck for the fans to watch their team get absolutely murdered by OSU, PSU, MICH, and MSU every year. They might beat Maryland half the time and Indiana 7 times out of 10. They might beat MSU every once in a while, otherwise they will be trashed on the regular.

Makes me wonder if PSU will ever recover beyond being middle of the pack in that division.

Cheers,
Neil

I just want the ACC to go North-South. The North Division would be more like the old Big East than the Big East.

With that division, a nine game conference schedule and no FCS scheduling, Rutgers is not going to have anywhere to hide. Do you smell that? It's Kile Flood sh!tting himself.

It'll be a battle for the bottom with MD, IU, RU every season.[/quot
I agree. Though, Rutgers has scheduled so weak for so long, Rutgers could win the battle to the bottom hands down. At least Indiana has played these schools and Maryland has played some competition.

Probably pretty awesome. They essentially just have to beat Wisconsin and they will make the title game. Rutgers knew they'd be getting crushed, it's all for the pay-check like it is for everyone else. That said, it'll suck for the fans to watch their team get absolutely murdered by OSU, PSU, MICH, and MSU every year. They might beat Maryland half the time and Indiana 7 times out of 10. They might beat MSU every once in a while, otherwise they will be trashed on the regular.

Right, but it also means that their fans wnt be seeing a lot of Michigan, Ohio State of even PSU.

East
Michigan
Michigan St.
Ohio St.
Penn St.
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers

They should at least give the Divisions some names. A good one could be:

Corn

Iowa
Nebraska
Illinois
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Purdue

Rust

Michigan
Mighigan State
Indiana
Ohio State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers

East
Michigan
Michigan St.
Ohio St.
Penn St.
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers

Rutgers/Maryland will each have a great schedule for sure, but they won't be able to win consistently in that division. The B1G put 4 of their top 6 brands in one division, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State. The West will be more wide open, but it should come down to Wisconsin vs. Nebraska each year. Maryland killed any chance to be competitive in football for the money, but atleast they will have the privilege of having a rivalry with that great program Rutgers that will make Michigan-Ohio State fans jealous being 2nd fiddle to Rutgers-Maryland. Also, Penn State fans won't enjoy the revival of the season ending Land Grant Trophy game with Michigan State. If Michigan State had any nuts they would ditched Michigan or gotten the deal Indiana-Purdue got of a guaranteed cross division game and gone West as long as they got the Michigan game each year. If Michigan State went West atleast the divisions would have a little more balance, but Sparty wanted to be attached to Michigan. This expansion is going to cause the B1G to go to 10 games in future just so the West teams not Wisconsin or Nebraska can continue suck on the laurels of Michigan and Ohio State to make their programs seem more relevant than they actually are. I am glad we are in the Atlantic division in the ACC with Florida State and Clemson as we will be playing this conference's big dogs each year.

The B1G put 4 of their top 6 brands in one division, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State.
That's what has me a bit confused. I know things can change over time, but why would you put almost all your heavyweights in one division? What a Murderer's Row that division's conference schedule is. Except for Indiana, Maryland, and Rutgers of course.

East
Michigan
Michigan St.
Ohio St.
Penn St.
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers

That looks brutal. However, there may be one team that will have an even HARDER time in their division: Rutgers basketball! Mich, MSU and OSU are basically the same, Indiana basketball replaces (or passes) PSU football & Maryland basketball is a different level than their football team.

Wow. I mean :rolling:

That looks brutal. However, there may be one team that will have an even HARDER time in their division: Rutgers basketball! Mich, MSU and OSU are basically the same, Indiana basketball replaces (or passes) PSU football & Maryland basketball is a different level than their football team.

Wow. I mean :rolling:
B1G has no BB divisions.

They should at least give the Divisions some names. A good one could be:

Corn

Iowa
Nebraska
Illinois
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Purdue

Rust

Michigan
Mighigan State
Indiana
Ohio State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers
that's great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Makes me wonder if PSU will ever recover beyond being middle of the pack in that division.

Cheers,
Neil
They aren't going to recover for a decade or more. Last year was a fluke. NOW the real sanctions kick in. They aren't going to rebound for 10+ years

They aren't going to recover for a decade or more. Last year was a fluke. NOW the real sanctions kick in. They aren't going to rebound for 10+ years
This is what people are overlooking in regards to the PSU sanctions. I'm not even sure they're down to 65 yet. That 4-year-clock doesn't start until they get down that far. Last year was done with the upperclassmen already there, now that they're gone and not fully replaced is when it'll start to show. Coach BOB should have taken the NFL job while his stock was high, the next 5 years won't be pretty.

This is what people are overlooking in regards to the PSU sanctions. I'm not even sure they're down to 65 yet. That 4-year-clock doesn't start until they get down that far. Last year was done with the upperclassmen already there, now that they're gone and not fully replaced is when it'll start to show. Coach BOB should have taken the NFL job while his stock was high, the next 5 years won't be pretty.
We absolutely stomp them game one. Not a doubt in my mind. Like Uncle Rico.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I suspect he's got some of the best job security in football right now - don't see any way that Penn State makes a change until 3-5 years AFTER the sanctions expire. He might have even more leeway than that. If his goal is to win Super Bowls or national championships this was not a good decision...but from a job security standpoint he's got no worries.

It hurts Penn State that they just jacked up the total cost of season tickets before the scandal - an already disgruntled fan base was given the perfect reason to bail on the program. Add in a decade of mediocrity and steadily declining attendance and I think Penn State's days as a power program in football are likely over regardless of who the coach is.

SU2NASA is going to love this, but my belief is that these divisions are setup to eventually get the B1G to pursue Texas and Oklahoma for the 15th and 16th teams in the B1G if they can't poach the ACC.
If the B1G put Texas and Oklahoma with Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin and slid Purdue back to the East division your talking about a seriously deadly conference. So maybe NASA's "sources" will end up being right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom