Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

Had to be done. He seemed like a good hire and it was the right move to extend him at the time. He’s a good representative of the university, but the football program has simply atrophied to the point where I didn’t know when, where or who we were playing yesterday. That simply couldn’t continue. Enjoy retirement in Hawaii, Dino.

If it happens what direction do we go.. We have a roster built on 3-3-5 that is basically a DE away from being solid. I doubt Rocky stays but who knows.

Where do you go to find an offense that has no QB and an avg oline.

I can remember watching MAC action and wanting Dino desperately to come here. First few years were fun. Even when they weren’t winning they were exciting. Since 2018 things have gotten bad. The reasons are long and well documented. I wanted Dino to succeed so badly but began to know it was over after UnC and FSU. Good luck Dino. I wonder if he will interview for San Diego State.

Okay JW, your job is now on the line with this next hire. Hope it’s a great one, for all of our sake
I also am used to mediocrity at best with this program as I am 52 years old. I hope JW does everything in his power to get a coach that is someone that relates to the players, knows what it takes to recruit good players and win games. I know it will take time, but that time is now.

But...but JW doesn't care! Everyone including Dino had to be expecting this. Had to be done. This will be fun to watch which names officially come up.

Sad that it had to come to this. I had high hopes for Babers. The O looked great the 1st three years. But his HS O recruiting has been really bad. Maybe the worst of any of the HCs in the 2000s. Even the transfers dried up after 2018.

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.

And 3 of our last 4 coaches get fired after GTech games…
No. Shafer lost to GT 56-0 in 2013. He coached 2 seasons after that. His last game was a win over BC in the Dome (breaking an 8 game losing streak).

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.
Babers isn’t THE problem he is a big problem, however

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom