Babers on ESPN Car Wash Tuesday 7/26/16 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers on ESPN Car Wash Tuesday 7/26/16

Watched his stint this morning on Mike and Mike...I find it quite perplexing whenever anyone (including Babers today) rattles off names of yesteryear SU greats, Larry Csonka is never mentioned, especially considering he went on and had a very solid NFL career? :noidea:

Watched his stint this morning on Mike and Mike...I find it quite perplexing whenever anyone (including Babers today) rattles off about past names of SU greats, Larry Csonka is never mentioned, especially considering he went had a very solid NFL career? :noidea:
I agree. They always mention Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little (as they should) but it would be easy to just add "and do you know who Little shared the backfield with? Larry Csonka.

I agree. They always mention Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little (as they should) but it would be easy to just add "and do you know who Little shared the backfield with? Larry Csonka.

Tom Coughlin?

Tom Coughlin?
Yep, of course he could easily be added as a member of that backfield. I wish they would always include all of them, because it pretty quickly shows the amazing history at SU.

CDR72N4W0AAS9O9.jpg

Watched his stint this morning on Mike and Mike...I find it quite perplexing whenever anyone (including Babers today) rattles off names of yesteryear SU greats, Larry Csonka is never mentioned, especially considering he went on and had a very solid NFL career? :noidea:
"Solid NFL career?" How about Hall-of-Fame NFL career.

He didn't mention Marvin Harrison either, or Donovan Darius, or Keith Bulluck. I know DD and KB aren't quite at that level, but he was just making a point about great football players coming out of SU. I'd bet you 99% of recruits have never heard of Csonka...

He didn't mention Marvin Harrison either, or Donovan Darius, or Keith Bulluck. I know DD and KB aren't quite at that level, but he was just making a point about great football players coming out of SU. I'd bet you 99% of recruits have never heard of Csonka...

You forgot to mention Art Monk! My general point is that Csonka was a back at SU, and a stellar one at that, whom also went on to have a great NFL career. So, when mentioning great backfield backs of SU's past, Csonka, for one reason or another, dumbfounding to me, simply gets disregarded more times than not.

You forgot to mention Art Monk! My general point is that Csonka was a back at SU, and a stellar one at that, whom also went on to have a great NFL career. So, when mentioning great backfield backs of SU's past, Csonka, for one reason or another, dumbfounding to me, simply gets disregarded more times than not.

That Dwight Freeney kid was pretty good too.

John Mackey (aka - the guy they named the TE award after) might also be worth a mention.

That Dwight Freeney kid was pretty good too.

John Mackey (aka - the guy they named the TE award after) might also be worth a mention.

He mentioned Freeney. Harrison was the big omit IMO.

Ugh... that means they are too young for American Gladiators?! Im getting old.

I know, but the kids i have dealt with, they watch sportscenter and thats about it other than live games on espn.

most have summer jobs, or are sleeping at 9am. the only time mine ever listens to mike and mike is when he is in a car, never on tv at home.

You may have heard of this thing called the internet. Kids have it today on their phones. Video clips can be played on these things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom