Babers on ESPN Car Wash Tuesday 7/26/16 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Babers on ESPN Car Wash Tuesday 7/26/16

I agree. They always mention Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little (as they should) but it would be easy to just add "and do you know who Little shared the backfield with? Larry Csonka.

Babers has talked up Csonka in the past. Don't worry, he knows all about him.

Babers has talked up Csonka in the past. Don't worry, he knows all about him.
I just wish all the media would. They always talk about the 44's, as they should, but just taking a moment to add Csonka and possibly a few others, just to show how deep the tradition is. We should start a "More Than Just 44" campaign.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Dino Babers starts his media rounds at the ESPN car wash with @MikeAndMike at 8:45 a.m. I'll be watching on ESPN2 and tweeting quotes/notes.

Dino Babers is on now with @MikeAndMike. Wearing an orange Syracuse polo.

And it sounds like Syracuse brought Dinosaur BBQ with it to Bristol. Not a bad way to butter some media folks up.

Dino Babers asked about coaching at a basketball school. "I absolutely love it." Praises Boeheim and Hillsman.

Dino Babers on coaching reinstated WR Josh Gordon: "Josh Gordon is a fabulous person." Said he's the most talented WR he's coached.

Dino Babers said reinstated WR Josh Gordon has babysitted his daughtesr. Said JG has "one problem." Hopes he makes most of "2nd chance."

Dino Babers departs calling @MikeAndMike his idols. Watches them every morning.

Coach Babers clearly is very comfortable in his own skin. He exudes confidence and competence.

You forgot to mention Art Monk! My general point is that Csonka was a back at SU, and a stellar one at that, whom also went on to have a great NFL career. So, when mentioning great backfield backs of SU's past, Csonka, for one reason or another, dumbfounding to me, simply gets disregarded more times than not.
Jim Nance

I thought it was funny at the end of Mike and Mike, Mike Golic said thanks for The Dinosuar sauce and hopes HC Babers wins every game. Mike Golic in a ND alumnus. "Big Time" I think he forgot that ND was playing Syracuse this year. :crazy:

"Solid NFL career?" How about Hall-of-Fame NFL career.

I said very solid NFL career, conveniently you left the 'very' out, but hey, semantics. Thanks though for reiterating my general point though. :)

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Dino Babers about to come on SportsCenter. ESPN2 text shows "Orangemen" in his list of coaching stops. Not quite.

Babers echoes earlier statement that Jimmy Garoppolo has insane accuracy and second-fastest release he's seen after Dan Marino.

Dino Babers on HC: "This is my third school and my fifth year and it's the third time I'm starting with a new program. I know what I want."

Dino Babers shouts out Styx & Santana when asked about favorite bands. GoT & Orange is the New (Fast) for TV shows (but he's a movie guy).

That's it for Dino Babers' television spots today. Keeping an eye out for his interviews with @ESPN_ACC, @McMurphyESPN and @TheUndefeated.

Okay, what did he say after he said "Orange is the New Black. Orange is the New Fast hashtag that"?

I said very solid NFL career, conveniently you left the 'very' out, but hey, semantics. Thanks though for reiterating my general point though. :)
Missed the qualifier. I'm blaming it on my reduced visual acuity.

In any case "very" does not = HOF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom