Bad news seems to find Donovan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bad news seems to find Donovan

I know this is going to come off wrong, so first let me say on the face of it and without the defendants position, I take her word for it that these things happened. It's disturbing and these guys are pieces of if true. HOWEVER, why did she stay as long as she did? That's what puzzles me. Ok, maybe the first time or two, but it seems she was propositioned, touched, grabbed, groped numerous times. Why didn't she leave and sue earlier? Hell, why didn't she call police? I'm struggling to believe that she was scared or she felt her career would be ruined (she was a hairdresser). I'm probably wrong, and can't understand being in her shoes.
all these creeps and predators have a field day in industries where there aren't as many jobs. there aren't that many networks to go work at

in competitive industries with lots of options, women can say f this, leave, threaten to sue, whatever.

happens where the jobs are good and scarce or where you have so few options (the poor women that clean hotel rooms for instance)

i'm sure it happens everywhere but i suspect it's worse in fields like this

Agreed, I am sure she's not squeaky clean in all of this either.. With regard to McNabb though, he's no different than any of these other guys.

I guess being married doesn't mean much of anything to these guys either
there's cheating and then there's just being a huge scumbag trying to make someone feel dirty and threatened

no woman wants you to talk about diet squirt as a noun, much less a verb

no woman wants you to talk about diet squirt as a noun, much less a verb

Well, you don't really know that, as logical as it may seem.

But it doesn't make him any less of an idiot for putting it out there.

People are just so dumb.

LOL...sounds like they would've fired Warren Sapp too, if he hadn't already been fired for beating up a hooker.
Why do I keep picturing Heath Evans trying to impress women with things like, how many push ups he can do, keg stands, and crushing a beer can on his forehead?

Yeah, SU may have a few bad eggs, but Miami has a few cartons full.

As an aside, the use of the word "carton" is just a bad case of irony, and not an intentional connection to another SU alum.

Looks like we need to edit our ACC promo video.
Take McNabb out and edit McPherson highlights in.

If true, what a contrast between 2 of our great QBs. McPherson devotes a lot of time speaking on gender issues such as harassment, domestic violence, and rape. I remember watching him speak when I was a student and he was very good.

I get alot of people automatically supporting her given the #MeToo stuff but she was fired for theft in the past year or close to it. There is definitely a reason for due diligence here. If ever there was a motive for a lawsuit, getting fired might be it. I will also say that it's entirely possible the theft stuff is made up retaliatory garbage from the NFL Network just to get rid of her for being a whistle blower. More information is needed in this case IMO.

I get alot of people automatically supporting her given the #MeToo stuff but she was fired for theft in the past year or close to it. There is definitely a reason for due diligence here. If ever there was a motive for a lawsuit, getting fired might be it. I will also say that it's entirely possible the theft stuff is made up retaliatory garbage from the NFL Network just to get rid of her for being a whistle blower. More information is needed in this case IMO.

Well a lot of it is alleged text messages. If those come out, goodnight.

NFL network scandal and of course his name is linked
She alleges some really immature behavior on the ex player's behalf. It's not surprising, but what is surprising is that athletes have seem to have taken a backseat to politicians and people in the entertainment field. Maybe their time has come. It's almost as if #MeToo is not the correct hashtag. Maybe it should be #Who'sNext.

She alleges some really immature behavior on the ex player's behalf. It's not surprising, but what is surprising is that athletes have seem to have taken a backseat to politicians and people in the entertainment field. Maybe their time has come. It's almost as if #MeToo is not the correct hashtag. Maybe it should be #Who'sNext.

Musicians? Perhaps a groupie class action suit?

I don't believe McNabb is on the BOT any longer.

No excuse for this type of behavior but I learned long ago that good people can do bad things and bad people can do good things. Two memories of McNabb during his time at Syracuse:

1. After beating Miami 66 - 13 for the Big East Championship his senior year, the team returned to the field and celebrated. McNabb immediately ran to the sideline to greet his parents that climbed into the stands to the mezzanine level where the wheelchair seating was at the time and spent time with several disabled kids in the section.

2. At a basketball game in the Dome his senior year (against UConn) Donovan and his dad ended up sitting directly in front of my 12 year old (at the time) son and I. He graciously talked to my son throughout the game, exchanging high fives and celebrating throughout. When he and his dad got up to leave he turned back to my son and said."Make me a promise?" Pointing to me he said "Always listen to this guy and you will do all right."

Guy was clearly raised right. Hopefully those values are still in there somewhere.

Well a lot of it is alleged text messages. If those come out, goodnight.
Completely agree. I'm not defending these guys. Most of the allegations that have come out on others have been unprompted, any evidence at all corroborating her story means lights out for these guys.

A great piece of advice I was once given...

Never make an effort to meet your childhood hero in person because there is a good chance you will end up disappointed.

So that's why we've never met. Most people say that I'm not THAT bad when we meet in person.

I don't believe McNabb is on the BOT any longer.

No excuse for this type of behavior but I learned long ago that good people can do bad things and bad people can do good things. Two memories of McNabb during his time at Syracuse:

1. After beating Miami 66 - 13 for the Big East Championship his senior year, the team returned to the field and celebrated. McNabb immediately ran to the sideline to greet his parents that climbed into the stands to the mezzanine level where the wheelchair seating was at the time and spent time with several disabled kids in the section.

2. At a basketball game in the Dome his senior year (against UConn) Donovan and his dad ended up sitting directly in front of my 12 year old (at the time) son and I. He graciously talked to my son throughout the game, exchanging high fives and celebrating throughout. When he and his dad got up to leave he turned back to my son and said."Make me a promise?" Pointing to me he said "Always listen to this guy and you will do all right."

Guy was clearly raised right. Hopefully those values are still in there somewhere.
Great stories. But I wonder what the time-frame was for his involvement here ... he had a bad period with ETOH.

Also, this article says he's still on the BOT:

NFL Network analysts accused of sexual harassment; Donovan McNabb named in lawsuit

Soooo surprised by this (sigh). He wasn't exactly an angel on the Hill back in the day.

Weird how 3 of our best NFL players ever: Jim Brown, Marvin Harrison, Don McNabb are 3 duplicitous actors for completely different reasons.

Stereotyping, but Football players in general aren’t always the most sane or normal people.

#neverforgetdukelacrosse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom