Baseball Hall of Fame voting | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball Hall of Fame voting

probably why he's not first ballot. Mo should be first ballot but the question is how many voters feel a bullpen guy shouldn't be a first ballot pick. If Rivera's not a first ballot relief guy nobody is.

Mo Rivera was the most obvious pick in the last decade, maybe longer. Unquestionably the greatest at his position. Who is the other most recently elected HOF of whom you could say that? Schmidt, maybe. Bench, you could make a strong case. But Mo is far and away the best reliever there ever was.

probably why he's not first ballot. Mo should be first ballot but the question is how many voters feel a bullpen guy shouldn't be a first ballot pick. If Rivera's not a first ballot relief guy nobody is.

I can't stand the Yanks and even I can see Rivera is a no doubter HOF on the first ballot.

Mo will be a unanimous first ballot HoFer.

I don't think anyone will ever be unanimous for two reasons.

1. Voters who say if DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron etc weren't unanimous, then this guy shouldn't be and leave a guy off their ballot knowing full well he will get in anyway.
2. Some voters will never vote for someone from the steroids era.

I don't think anyone will ever be unanimous for two reasons.

1. Voters who say if DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron etc weren't unanimous, then this guy shouldn't be and leave a guy off their ballot knowing full well he will get in anyway.
2. Some voters will never vote for someone from the steroids era.
I get all that, but Junior Griffey came very, very close. I believe Rivera or Jeter will do it.

Oddly enough, DiMaggio didn't even get in on the first ballot.

Last edited:
There'll be some dick.

This. You can always find one person who won't vote for someone. Wether it's "no one should get in on their first try", "he's just a reliever", "he was surrounded by other great players", "I don't like the cut of his jib". IMO, there will always be something. Although, are voters required to vote for 10 players now? That could increase the likelihood.

Murray Chase will submit a blank ballot like he did this year.

Nobody will ever get 100%. Some knucklehead will always prevent a person from getting 100%.

This. You can always find one person who won't vote for someone. Wether it's "no one should get in on their first try", "he's just a reliever", "he was surrounded by other great players", "I don't like the cut of his jib". IMO, there will always be something. Although, are voters required to vote for 10 players now? That could increase the likelihood.
Voters can submit a ballot with anywhere from zero to 10 players on it.

Murray Chase will submit a blank ballot like he did this year.

Nobody will ever get 100%. Some knucklehead will always prevent a person from getting 100%.
really?? what a d1ck.

next year all ballots will have their names attached to them, so we will know who the fools are.

anywho...2019 when Jeter goes in...the Modern Baseball HOF Committee meets.

INDUCT THURMAN MUNSON. LET HIM GO IN WITH JETER.

there will never be more Yankee fans in Cooperstown than that day.

put the 2 Captain's in together.

I could see Mo.. Dont see Jeter as a unanimous.. he was a nice high end SS, but he was never the best is his era at Defense or Offense at the position.

I could see Mo.. Dont see Jeter as a unanimous.. he was a nice high end SS, but he was never the best is his era at Defense or Offense at the position.

Plus, the best Shortstop on his own team for a bit of his career was playing third base. :)

Well if Willy Mays and Tom Seaver aren't unanimous, no one is going to be, he will get like 90 pct of the vote.

Show me all the "nice high end" shortstops who look like this...

Screenshot_2017-01-22-05-26-29-1.png

really?? what a d1ck.

next year all ballots will have their names attached to them, so we will know who the fools are.

anywho...2019 when Jeter goes in...the Modern Baseball HOF Committee meets.

INDUCT THURMAN MUNSON. LET HIM GO IN WITH JETER.

there will never be more Yankee fans in Cooperstown than that day.

put the 2 Captain's in together.
Munson is not HOF caliber.

Just read through all of this and i'm sure some of you will hate me for this but here we go...

Barry Bonds is a hall of famer next year. I understand the links to steroids. However he still holds my favorite stat of all time...

From 2001-2004, Barry Bonds played in 573 games and reached base in 539 of them. That’s 94% of his games.

94%!!!!!!!

Will never happen.

I get all that, but Junior Griffey came very, very close. I believe Rivera or Jeter will do it.

Oddly enough, DiMaggio didn't even get in on the first ballot.

I believe, though i could be mistaken, the eligibility rules were a lot more fluid then. Some voters may not have realized Joe D was eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom