Baseball scandal | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

I stand by fire Cora!!
Fire Sam Kennedy!!!
Take all their draft picks!!!
Prevent them from international signings!!!
Force John Henry to sell the team!!!

The team deserves more punishment than Houston. I had this take January 7th before the Astros penalties were announced.
After thinking about this, you may be on to something. After the Cinn taping, the pats have to lose 2 #1's and Kraft has to be forced to sell the team.

that article is lacking in quite a bit of substance

Tom Verducci wrote about sign stealing and the rule change for Sports Illustrated in Feb 2019

"About six teams last year were commonly understood to have installed in-house cameras in centerfield that were trained on opposing catchers’ signs, according to one general manager. Several other teams were under heavy suspicion. The sign stealing forced most teams to adopt multiple sets of signs even with the bases empty. Those signs were changed often, even within at-bats, which slowed the pace of play. "

In addition to banning all in-house cameras from foul pole to foul pole, the rule provides that:
• The only live feed of a broadcast will be the one provided to each team’s designated replay official.
• A specially trained monitor, not a Resident Security Expect, will be assigned to each designated replay official to make sure that person has no communication with team personnel regarding signs, either in person, by phone or any other device.
• All other bullpen and clubhouse television monitors will receive game broadcasts on an eight-second delay.
• No television monitors are permitted in the tunnels or auxiliary rooms between the dugout and the clubhouse.
• Each club must provide to MLB an audit of every in-house camera, detailing its purpose, its wiring and where its signal can be viewed."
What substance is it lacking? Morrison is making a claim. It's up to mlb to investigate. We already knew that other teams were involved in this mess.. The reporters have been told by players. So far, those players don't want their names out there. At some point, they will be.

After thinking about this, you may be on to something. After the Cinn taping, the pats have to lose 2 #1's and Kraft has to be forced to sell the team.
Jane McManus wrote a piece for the Globe that said the NFL should force Kraft to sell the team.
Can’t wait for those from the Globe now.

This is strike 3 for the Sox under Henry.

and then there is this from the Boston Globe from Sept 2017 related to the Red Sox Apple watch scandal

"SO WHY IS THIS A BIG DEAL? While sign-stealing is not prohibited, the use of electronic devices in dugouts (save for a couple of specific exceptions that do not involve sign-stealing) is a breach of baseball’s rules. Major League Baseball clarified that stance in a preseason bulletin to teams, which defined the restricted use of electronic equipment thusly:

“The use of electronic equipment during a game is restricted. No Club shall use electronic equipment, including but not limited to walkie-talkies, cellular telephones, laptop computers or tablets, to communicate to or with any on-field personnel, including those in the dugout, bullpen, field and, during the game, the clubhouse.

“No equipment may be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a Club an advantage. Laptop computers and hand held devices are not permitted on the bench or in the dugout.

“The only exceptions to this prohibition are the use of a mobile phone for communication between the dugout and the bullpen, and the use of tablets in the dugout or bullpen running uniform programs, so long as such devices and programs have been approved by the Office of the Commissioner.”

The behavior in the Times report — which was reported by the Yankees to the Commissioner’s Office — would represent a breach of that electronic equipment prohibition.

That said, the Red Sox filed a counter claim suggesting that the Yankees had used electronic equipment for their own benefit, employing cameras for the YES Network in an effort to steal signs for their hitters."

Jane McManus wrote a piece for the Globe that said the NFL should force Kraft to sell the team.
Can’t wait for those from the Globe now.

This is strike 3 for the Sox under Henry.
It's past strike 3 for Kraft. One scandal after another. He has to go. The guy is a complete fraud. Married in to the money. Message parlor rubdowns. Spygate, deflategate and Cinn gate. Not to mention Hernandez. My God, where does it end with these guys.

and then there is this from the Boston Globe from Sept 2017 related to the Red Sox Apple watch scandal

"SO WHY IS THIS A BIG DEAL? While sign-stealing is not prohibited, the use of electronic devices in dugouts (save for a couple of specific exceptions that do not involve sign-stealing) is a breach of baseball’s rules. Major League Baseball clarified that stance in a preseason bulletin to teams, which defined the restricted use of electronic equipment thusly:

“The use of electronic equipment during a game is restricted. No Club shall use electronic equipment, including but not limited to walkie-talkies, cellular telephones, laptop computers or tablets, to communicate to or with any on-field personnel, including those in the dugout, bullpen, field and, during the game, the clubhouse.

“No equipment may be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a Club an advantage. Laptop computers and hand held devices are not permitted on the bench or in the dugout.

“The only exceptions to this prohibition are the use of a mobile phone for communication between the dugout and the bullpen, and the use of tablets in the dugout or bullpen running uniform programs, so long as such devices and programs have been approved by the Office of the Commissioner.”

The behavior in the Times report — which was reported by the Yankees to the Commissioner’s Office — would represent a breach of that electronic equipment prohibition.

That said, the Red Sox filed a counter claim suggesting that the Yankees had used electronic equipment for their own benefit, employing cameras for the YES Network in an effort to steal signs for their hitters."
By the way, the Commish did find that the yanks used their dugout phones in a way they shouldn't have. . I don't know that anyone has clean hands. Including Morrison. I have a hard time thinking that the Rays are pristine in all of this. They make up for the money difference somehow.

What substance is it lacking? Morrison is making a claim. It's up to mlb to investigate. We already knew that other teams were involved in this mess.. The reporters have been told by players. So far, those players don't want their names out there. At some point, they will be.

There is nothing in that article about what the sign stealing rule covers, that is where it is lacking in substance.

It's past strike 3 for Kraft. One scandal after another. He has to go. The guy is a complete fraud. Married in to the money. Message parlor rubdowns. Spygate, deflategate and Cinn gate. Not to mention Hernandez. My God, where does it end with these guys.
I got no problem with Kraft being forced out.
I want Henry and his hypocrisy to get their just deserts.
I am loving that the fanbase is 80-20% against Henry/Cora/Globe on this issue:
It’s because IMO Boston fans know agendas.
You think I am making this up. The Globe is the enemy of the Patriots fans. John Henry has all that winning and he isn’t close to being beloved.

Celtics ownership has 1 title and Wyc is way more beloved than Henry.

I got no problem with Kraft being forced out.
I want Henry and his hypocrisy to get their just deserts.
I am loving that the fanbase is 80-20% against Henry/Cora/Globe on this issue:
It’s because IMO Boston fans know agendas.
You think I am making this up. The Globe is the enemy of the Patriots fans. John Henry has all that winning and he isn’t close to being beloved.

Celtics ownership has 1 title and Wyc is way more beloved than Henry.
lol 80 20?? Please find me the poll information that gave you that number. You just made it up. The pats have been hot for 20 years. That makes them more popular. football is more popular than baseball. The Pats are a dirty organization. Everyone but Pats fans understand that. It's why they have been stripped twice of #1 picks. Who knows what the punishment will be for the Cinn fiasco? It's no wonder that they are a team of trump lovers. Fans don't understand that John Henry, a self made billionaire, has made things happen. Most Boston fans are too stupid to understand the difference between Henry and Kraft. Did you ever see the video of Kraft and that young blonde where he was reading lines with her?? Sad.

The title is appropriate considering the content of the 1st post in the thread.

You missed the Houston thread.

True. But in fairness the last post on that was from November. All of the current astros news has been inexplicably dumped into what is (apparently) a Red Sox thread

lol 80 20?? Please find me the poll information that gave you that number. You just made it up. The pats have been hot for 20 years. That makes them more popular. football is more popular than baseball. The Pats are a dirty organization. Everyone but Pats fans understand that. It's why they have been stripped twice of #1 picks. Who knows what the punishment will be for the Cinn fiasco? It's no wonder that they are a team of trump lovers. Fans don't understand that John Henry, a self made billionaire, has made things happen. Most Boston fans are too stupid to understand the difference between Henry and Kraft. Did you ever see the video of Kraft and that young blonde where he was reading lines with her?? Sad.
Don’t google about how John met Linda then. Who is his second wife.
You won’t like that.

Also this is good on brand pump it into my veins.

Globe right on brand. I thank them for how quickly it was done.

Logan Morrison says he has first hand knowledge of the Astros, Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers all cheating.

“I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs. Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it’s a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don’t half ass it”

We got our next rat.

he doesn't mention years it took place.

8.5 million per game win in the World Series. That’s the value to teams. Just spent the last couple hours with a guy I know who works for the dodgers. He told us about how he witnessed Milwaukee cheating back in the nlcs a few years ago. They all do it.

And $5M is the maximum fine - "couch cushion change" for every MLB owner.

"Crane won," he said. "The entire thing was programmed to protect the future of the franchise. He got his championship. He keeps his team. His fine is nothing. The sport lost, but Crane won."

~ESPN

he doesn't mention years it took place.
A yankee fan friend of mine just mentioned to me that after the yanks beat the sox what was it 85-82 in London, Cora was interviewed. He started laughing and said that the since they got Carlos Beltron working for them, of course they were ready. I wonder what he meant by that?

Don’t google about how John met Linda then. Who is his second wife.
You won’t like that.

Also this is good on brand pump it into my veins.

Globe right on brand. I thank them for how quickly it was done.
I don't subscribe to the Globe, what is your objection now?

aaron judge went back and dug up a tweet from 2017 where he congratulated altuve for his mvp award. he then deleted it.

A yankee fan friend of mine just mentioned to me that after the yanks beat the sox what was it 85-82 in London, Cora was interviewed. He started laughing and said that the since they got Carlos Beltron working for them, of course they were ready. I wonder what he meant by that?
it means Beltran used Cora's system against him, of course.

both should be banned for life.

go ahead and fine the Yankees a nickel or dime, who cares??

they got the $$ and never won a title, so whatever.

I don't subscribe to the Globe, what is your objection now?
They are pivoting to the Patriots.
Like what they did has anything to do with Patriots. They are Fox News for the Republicans for the Red Sox management.

it means Beltran used Cora's system against him, of course.

both should be banned for life.

go ahead and fine the Yankees a nickel or dime, who cares??

they got the $$ and never won a title, so whatever.

Listen to the first minute of this.
Cora is laying it out. Re: Beltran-Yankees.
This was ignored because the media were in vacation mode.

Live look of John Henry/Linda Pizzuti/WEEI/Boston Globe/Peter Gammons towards Alex Cora.
bus-pusher.gif

Live look of John Henry/Linda Pizzuti/WEEI/Boston Globe/Peter Gammons towards Alex Cora.
bus-pusher.gif
It will be interesting to see if the Sox follow the Pats model of keeping a cheater.

The local media coverage of this scandal is embarrassing. For example:

And if you dig into the comments, you'll see how giddy the "Best Fans in Baseball" are over the the punishment.

First of all, the Cardinals have had several players caught with PEDs. Many others suspected.

Second, this does not vindicate Chris Correa or the Cards organization over the hacking scandal. Correa wasn't looking for evidence as if he was Veronica Mars trying to crack a case. He took their draft data and used it.

Third, there are too many connections to the Cardinals to assume they won't be implicated. Luhnow came over from the Cards. Cora and Beltran were both on the spring training roster in 2012 and Matheny was one of the first to tell Cora he should get into coaching (and offered him a role with the club).

Finally, there's Jeff Albert. He was a minor league hitting instructor for the Cards until the end of the 2012 season. Then Luhnow brought him over to the Astros. He replaced Alonzo Powell as assistant hitting coach in 2018. Then the Cardinals hired him to be their hitting coach last season, with the additional responsibility of implementing his "system" throughout the organization. A system that benefited from the cheating while he was in Houston, whether he realized it or not.

No one in the St. Louis media is asking questions or trying to connect the dots, even in an effort to exonerate the team. They just assume there's nothing to see here.

It will be interesting to see if the Sox follow the Pats model of keeping a cheater.
Listen Merloni is in the tank for the Red Sox and even he realizes this.

Listen to the first minute of this.
Cora is laying it out. Re: Beltran-Yankees.
This was ignored because the media were in vacation mode.

I listened, he said he wasn't talking about devices.