Baseball scandal | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

Altuve's contract helped set the market for other players. Granted owners can be stupid about that - Arenado and Rendon's dumb deals. So if he cheated and that upped the spend on the players...
we are going to find out how good a hitter he really is and how thick his skin is pretty quick.

screw him.

Hah imagine if pitchers like Pedro Martinez or Ryan still existed to do some baseball policing of their own.

it’s dangerous, yes I know. But Altuve’s opened up a can of worms he’d want no part of with this scandal if true. Baseball’s as close to a cult as sports get.

Maybe it is just me, but there seems to be a lack of outrage right now across the MLB Community. (and fans are not part of that community)

The lack of outrage from those on other teams, and not fans, speaks volumes to me.

Technology based cheating is likely pervasive across most baseball teams IMO. so teams are going to stay relatively quiet.

Last edited:
Maybe it is just me, but there seems to be a lack of outrage right now across the MLB Community.

The lack of outrage from those on other teams, and not fans, speaks volumes to me.

Technology based cheating is likely pervasive across most baseball teams IMO. so teams are going to stay relatively quiet.
There’s significant outrage but we gotta keep in mind that this cheating is probably more far spread than just a couple teams..

i have a feeling unfortunately, that each team has their own skeletons theyd like to remain locked away

Maybe the balls being juiced wasn’t the only reason HRs are off the charts.

Sign stealing would really help with hitting against relievers. Who tend to only have 1-2 pitches in their arsenal. Maybe 3 pitches at most.
If hitters know a fastball or slider are coming it’s not as hard.
This type of cheating is worse than steroids.
As pitchers were taking those as well.
I don’t believe the Trout rumor from Scott Brosius son.

Maybe the balls being juiced wasn’t the only reason HRs are off the charts.

Sign stealing would really help with relievers. Who tend to only have 1-2 pitches in their arsenal. Maybe 3 pitches at most.
If hitters know a fastball or slider are coming it’s not as hard.
This type of cheating is worse than steroids.
As pitchers were taking those as well.
I don’t believe the Trout rumor from Scott Brosius son.
I dont necessarily either, but welcome to the era of burner accounts and staying “woke”. I have a feeling a lot of wild accusations are coming soon.

There’s significant outrage but we gotta keep in mind that this cheating is probably more far spread than just a couple teams..

i have a feeling unfortunately, that each team has their own skeletons theyd like to remain locked away
I see Jack Macdowell is outing LaRussa now. Mlb has a problem on their hands

Maybe it is just me, but there seems to be a lack of outrage right now across the MLB Community. (and fans are not part of that community)

if you mean the current players, my understanding is they are under a gag order.

they are not to comment on this.

do so at your peril...

I see Jack Macdowell is outing LaRussa now. Mlb has a problem on their hands
And there you go. We can assume TLR was doing this in Oakland and St. Louis as well. Throw in the PEDs and he’s the Belichick of baseball.

For those scoring at home, Luhnow was in the Cards front office from 2003-2011. Plenty of overlap with TLR. And TLR has been an exec with the Red Sox the last few years, including when they hired Cora.

And there you go. We can assume TLR was doing this in Oakland and St. Louis as well. Throw in the PEDs and he’s the Belichick of baseball.

For those scoring at home, Luhnow was in the Cards front office from 2003-2011. Plenty of overlap with TLR. And TLR has been an exec with the Red Sox the last few years, including when they hired Cora.
Oh right, TLR is with the Angels now. Just in time to help Trout figure out a new way to mask HGH.

Don’t be surprised if Trout learned it from Pujols first.

Crazy. I get trying to gain an advantage but this obviously is a different animal.

Knowing a pitch is coming is so much worse than steroids it isn’t even close. With steroids you still have to actually make contact. Much easier to make contact when you know if it’s a fastball Or off speed.

Crazy. I get trying to gain an advantage but this obviously is a different animal.

Knowing a pitch is coming is so much worse than steroids it isn’t even close. With steroids you still have to actually make contact. Much easier to make contact when you know if it’s a fastball Or off speed.

And I think both are worse than what Rose did.

Only this scandal can make me feel bad for the Yankees.

They only move it in when the Yankees are at bat. It gets moved farther away from home plate when the visiting team is up.

as if they yankees dont have a huge advantage structuring their lineup for that park. lefty pull hitters and right handers with center/ right center strokes. its a big advantage when you can set your entire 40 man roster up for that joke park

Last edited:
as if they yankees dont have a huge advantage structuring their lineup for that park. lefty pull hitters and right handers with center/ right center strokes. its a big advantage when you can set your entire 40 man roster up for that joke park
Totally agree.

I mean Fenway and Camden, and whatever it’s called in Tampa and Enron in Houston...those places are absolute CANYONS!!

Nobody has ever reached mccovey cove and the outfield wall in petco is in Hawaii for crying out loud!!

How did the damn Yankees get away with that??!!!

They’ve done nothing but win championships ever since it was built!!!

Wait, stupidass take by that poster...

SIAP

1579361887555.png

Yankees better learn to doctor baseballs to help out Cole!!!