Baseball scandal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

If someone had a buzzer on their chest, shoulder, whatever... that tipped pitches? Ban everyone who knew for life. Barry Bonds is my favorite hitter of all time. I know it is 99.999999% likely he used steroids... this is an entirely different level.

This sucks for baseball and it needs to be handled correctly.

I don't think any titles involving steroids are tainted. Mainly because you don't know who was and wasn't. Plus baseball is different than basketball as one player does not influence games as much. Of course pitchers have more influence than position players.
You can sort of say the same about this scandal too. We don't know what teams were doing what...yet.

Sure does, just like every title Papi the roid user was part of
How many games was Ortiz suspended for using PEDs for?
A-Rod was suspended an entire season for PED usage.

Arod should’ve spent more time out of the country.

That’s certainly on him, and he certainly pod for it.

Taking MLB’s actions as truth is kinda the same as taking the NCAA’s actions as truth

Nice try pretending Ortiz didn’t juice though

Taking MLB’s actions as truth is kinda the same as taking the NCAA’s actions as truth

Nice try pretending Ortiz didn’t juice though
Ortiz wasn’t suspended for PEDs.
A-Rod was.

These are facts.

Ortiz wasn’t suspended for PEDs.
A-Rod was.

These are facts.
Papi’s name was (unfairly) released as a failed ped drug test result and the fact that mlb never went after him, and several others, like they should have are also facts

Ortiz failed a drug test. Also a fact
You don’t know what for.
In 2003 if you didn’t take the test it was considered a failed test.
White Sox players intentionally didn’t take tests for the 5% number to hit and real testing started.
You have no clue if Ortiz failed a PED test.
Alex Rodriguez was suspended 162 games for PED violations.

It’s funny how the SDNY only leaked a few names as well. When the tests were anonymous.

Ortiz wasn’t disciplined for PEDs.
ARod was.

Imagine all the careers that may have been altered because of this cheating. Players getting released, traded or sent back to the minors. How about endorsements players may have gotten if they won the world series, all that money and notoriety lost. I agree, these guys need to be banned

Imagine all the careers that may have been altered because of this cheating. Players getting released, traded or sent back to the minors. How about endorsements players may have gotten if they won the world series, all that money and notoriety lost. I agree, these guys need to be banned

It's funny, when it first leaked I had a do not care attitude. Now, I'm 100% with you. Ban them and take everything away.

I have a feeling that will be where this ends up going. Anything less I think MLB will have a nasty PR problem.

If it was player motivated and the managers are getting banned, how can the players not be?

It's funny, when it first leaked I had a do not care attitude. Now, I'm 100% with you. Ban them and take everything away.

I have a feeling that will be where this ends up going. Anything less I think MLB will have a nasty PR problem.

If it was player motivated and the managers are getting banned, how can the players not be?
Because the players have a powerful union

Altuve rounding home plate tugging his shirt did it for me, MLB has to address this or what's the point of watching anymore?

Yeah...not sure it was smart for the sux. We will see how sux fans feel when MLB hands down their punishment. Sure you got a WS...but now forever, in the eyes of the rest of baseball, it is tainted.

If the Yankees didn't cheat like the sux and Astros, it shows that the NYY are a classier organization with much higher standards than those two organizations. Only time will tell if that is true...
Early word is the sox might be cleared. We will know in a few weeks. Cora was let go because of his time in Houston. the one source against the Sox is Wright. a wife beater and roid cheater. They also have the Logan Morrison statement that the Sox, Yanks, Astros, and Dodgers were all cheaters and he can prove it. So far, they haven't called on him.

My buddy with the dodgers said the first time he saw something like this was an nlcs against Milwaukee. Two security guards in center field with red shirts on, directly in line with the hitters. One would put his arms down signifying pitch and location

Rumors spreading about Trout and hgh masking.

I don't think MLB wants this story taking off. they hit the Astros and sent a message. The last thing they want is big name teams blowing this scandal up.

With all the comments being made by the Yankees, they’re clean. You don’t woof if you’re dirty. You try to stay low. I bet they don’t get named in this electronic cheating.

With all the comments being made by the Yankees, they’re clean. You don’t woof if you’re dirty. You try to stay low. I bet they don’t get named in this electronic cheating.
sure